“Relaxing” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
Lagos
“Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed over with my hubby for 6 nights in January. The atmosphere was very relaxing and the food at the monster bar was fantastic. Breakfast was a delight. The staff were very helpful and really nice. The spar was also fantastic. The room was spacious but on a downside there was no bathtub

All together, it was a good experience

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. I agree that our rooms are very spacious. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

1,003 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Prospect
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Undergoing construction and they still decided to stay open. To me not a good thing. Room service only for breakfast. One pool open and thats the spa pool. Not much as in food to get. I felt like if your going to do that much construction then you need to close the hotel down and fix it all at once. Even part of golf course was closed. We asked for king size bed they put us in a room with two full for the first night then we had to move to get our king size room the next day. Very poor planning

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at Doral Golf Resort & Spa and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations. I will be personally addressing the issues you had regarding your request for a king size bed. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I would suggest waiting until renovations are complete to received a "true" Trump experience. If you are having a conference, plan ahead for transporting attendees to and from lodges and conference rooms. Lots of walking and very few carts available to transport. During rainy season, travel with a flashlight, as power may go out.

Room Tip: If driving pick a lodge close to parking areas. There currently is no waiting area in front of lodg...
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Doral is undergoing massive changes while the Trump renovations are being made. Given the service that I received during my three night stay, I would argue that they should have shut down the hotel during the makeover. Two things really stand-out from a terrible stay (other than the fact that everything at the hotel is about twice the regular price, even for Miami): it should be criminal to charge a 30% service fee on top of a $130 dollar fifty minute massage when one has already been gouged for a resort fee and a fitness center should open 24/7. People workout on their own schedules, not the hotel's. And when a guest asks you to open said fitness center, that sort of request should be granted immediately.

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing Trump National Doral Miami. I appreciate you taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Orlando, FL.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Spent 4 days. This could be a nice place once Trump dumps his money into it. The main pool was closed, no grass on the golf couses, contruction everywhere, parking was way to expensive for where it was. Trump should hhave just closed it down until it was ready.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing Doral Golf Resort & Spa. I appreciate you taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay. I will be personally addressing the issues you had with our Food & Beverage staff. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We got a good deal on a travel site and were worried about the construction when we saw the reviews. We could not cancel so we went, and were happy that it was not as bad as we thought. I think it depends on your expectations though. I stayed with my husband before flying out of the airport the next day, so we did not use any amenities, etc. The room was large and clean. Staff were nice. The resort itself is heavily under construction and many things are not fully functioning. When we were there the pool was closed. The other down side was the resort fee of $20 per night per room. We did not pay for parking although I know others who wrote reviews did.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. I agree that we have very spacious rooms. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Erie, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I tried doing research before attending a business conference of this resort and did not see anywhere of the MAJOR construction that is going on. The entire place is completely being re-done. There is only one swimming pool (which is in major need of repair) and the golf courses that they boast are nothing but dirt as they are alos under complete construction (except one). The resort once finished has deffinite potential to be absolutely magnificent, it just isn't at the moment. One day at the pool my husband tried to get the attention of the waiter for food and drink and was completely ignored for over 30 minutes. Finally he got the attentioin of a young gentleman ordered a drink and asked for a menu. 15 minutes later still nothing. My husband ended up going back to the room empty handed. We did have a drink at the inside bar one beer one pop with gratuity already included was $11.35. Rediculous. I understand that this is a Trump resort but come on really for a beer and a pop?? The beds were comfortable but the staff needs to clean better. My husband dropped some change on the floor and lifted up the sheets of the bed and noticed there was a remote controller under the bed. Obviously staff never checks as there was another remote already in the room. Cockroaches were also visitors in the room. I know this is Florida but really do we need 2" long cockroaches in the bathroom? Valet and check-in stafe were great. Waiters that we had at formal dining events were also great. Hopefully when everything is finished staff will be trained better and this will make it a much more enjoyable place. I was very disappointed that they only made one trip a day to the other resort for the use of the beach and pools. Every time my husband tried to sign up they were already filled. Thank goodness this was for business and I did not have to pay because otherwise I would have been a bug up someones butt!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience. I am disheartened to hear about your experience with the cleanliness of your guestroom and lack of service poolside. I have addressed your concerns with each of the appropriate departments specifically, as it is our utmost commitment to ensure that our product and services meet and exceed our guests expectations. I was however pleased to hear your positive feedback on the friendliness of the Valet and Front Office, as well as the associates who took care of your formal dining. All of our associates continue to attend rigorous training sessions to enhance service and guest experience and we will continue to share experiences such as yours as valuable feedback.
Our goal is to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Trump National Doral in the future. Should you wish to discuss this with me more, please contact me directly.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!