“The fees should be a violation of law... Yikes.....” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Linger Longer
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Atlanta, Georgia
“The fees should be a violation of law... Yikes.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Well Trump seems to have trumped everyone else on the ability to stick it to you with a fee. I've been here a few times over the past year or so but I think this was my last visit. Will now avoid at all costs....

Room pricing is purely bait and switch. Expect your actual room rate after parking and resort fee to increase 30% to 50% depending on how you book your room. It was about $23 for the resort fee plus another $16 to park. Ouch.....

And the property? It is getting better. There are some good things. Nice walk path around the course, good food at the restaurant, rooms are large and have plenty of space.

But regardless of the cost of the room I feel ripped off by the fees. I would rather they just raise the rate of the room and be all inclusive. I'm sure 90% of the guests have to park and 100% have to pay the resort fee so why break it out and try to hide it?

Goodbye Doral Spa - It was nice knowing ya.....

Room Tip: Try to get a villa near the parking area otherwise you are walking a LONG way.... Better yet, book a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I agree that the quality of food at our hotel is great. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel was undergoing construction lacked any kind of amenities; no fridge, expensive parking that is a good distance from the rooms (which made for a really fun checkout in the pouring rain), wifi was iffy. Perhaps the worst of all of it was the terrible customer service we received during our stay. This is a terrible excuse of a luxury hotel and even after they finish construction I STILL would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Look forward to the same bogus letter from management given in response to every negative review on here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing Trump National Doral. I appreciate you taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

1. The hotel is undergoing renovations. The Star rating should be 2 or 3 until the renovations are complete.

2. The cost of parking is too much. $18 for self parking and $26 for valet per night. I chose the self parking option and the gates didn't even work during my stay. In addition, the distance from the rooms to lot is very far and there are not even sidewalks the whole distance. You have to walk in the street.

3. The resort fee was ridiculous ($20 per night) and not even all of the services were available during my stay. The business center is supposed to be 24 hour self service (as stated in the resort book of services on the desk), however it is not open 24 hours. In addition, there is a charges to access Internet and email in the center as well as a charge to copy and print. You have to swipe your credit card on the keyboard just to get started. I declined and decided to visit FedEx/Kinkos in order to print out my travel documents the next day.

4. On my second night, a notice was placed in guests' rooms saying that the power and hot water would be out from 7am to 7pm the next day in several areas of the resort. They even had the nerve to leave a small flashlight on the desk with the notice.

Overall, my stay was terrible and this hotel is not worth what it costs. I would have been more content staying in the Holiday Inn down the street. Donald Trump should be ashamed.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Georg M. Sotelo
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I booked our recent stay at the Doral Resort and Spa two months ago, after a lengthy research process and conversation with the hotel. We were informed about all of the construction, about the main pool not being open, had read all of the recent bad reviews on TripAdvisor, knew about the unreasonable $18 self-parking charge, and $20 resort fee.

Despite all of this we had one reason for staying at this hotel. We were told that we could take a shuttle and use all of the amenities at the Trump International Hotel on Sunny Isles. The construction wasn't much of a concern to us as we anticipated spending most of our time on Sunny Isles.

When we first got to the resort we drove (because you couldn't walk since the walking path was under construction) around the property, and it really is in as bad of shape as people mention. The Spa building however, is quite lovely, but the Spa pool (the only open pool) while looks nice at first glance, was really quite run down and dirty, so much so that I didn't want to go in.

When we checked-in the first thing we mentioned was that we wanted to take the shuttle to Sunny Isles. This seemed fine. We got a pass written out for access and signed up to take the shuttle the next morning. They also granted our room request for an upgraded room in Lodge 4 as it is right next to the main building and not too far from the self-park lot. I was excepting the rooms to be upgraded as shown on the website, but it seems they were in a stage somewhere in between the old rooms and the final product, but were definitely satisfactory. Note: the Internet failed to ever work, and Verizon cell service was awful.

The next day, we went to the main lobby to take the shuttle. The shuttle turned out to be an escalade which was nice, but that's where our delight ended. About a half hour into our trip it came to light that we were not actually going to Sunny Isles but Hollywood Beach as the Trump Resort was not taking guests for the holiday week. This was shocking to us. We had spoken to the hotel at length at the time of booking and even checked about it being a holiday week, we had spoken to the staff the night before at check in, and we had no indication of the change when boarding the shuttle. We were given the option to go back to the hotel at this point, but at 30 minutes+ each way that would have cut into our day immensely and we had no contingency plan.

Our driver Elmo, who also turned out to be the front desk manager, was kind enough to call Sunny Isles to get us in, however they would not permit it. After a lot of frustration he said he would work on getting us to stay at Sunny Isles since the point of our trip was to be near the beach. He proceeded to leave us at the beach to try and enjoy while he went back to work on it. We did our best to enjoy, but with no chairs, no umbrella, and no bathroom (I didn't go in my suit figuring I would have a place to change), plus spending much of our time trying to figure out a solution so we could enjoy the rest of our limited vacation we didn't have a great time.

When Elmo picked us up he explained he was still working on the situation, trying to figure out if he could get the rate down for the 4th of July. We were still pretty furious at this point, after feeling like we were hijacked without any communication as to a change of plans, but were thankful for his efforts.

When we got back to the hotel Elmo stayed in touch with us keeping us updated on his progress. To our surprise, while waiting in the lobby we saw Trump himself walk through, so for those of you who mentioned he should come see the place, I can assure you he has.

Ultimately, they couldn't get in touch with the other hotel and were kind enough to not waste more of our time and refund our stay. Now I have read A LOT of bad reviews of this place, but a) in terms of the construction you really need to research what you are getting yourself into ahead of time and b) you need to book through the hotel, not Priceline, etc. If fees weren't communicated to you through Priceline that is not their fault and they can't refund you for that.

Overall the place is in bad bad shape, yes, but that is why it costs $100-$150 to stay a night at a hotel that still has five-star staff. We really appreciated how we were treated throughout the whole experience, we just wish they would have done a better job communicating the facts to their guests ahead of time and that there wouldn't have been so much miscommunication.

• Stayed July 2013
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that Elmo was very helpful and I agree that our Spa Building is lovely.The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back soon.

kalkaska, mi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed at this for 2 nights were in a suite that was dirty and run down. 2 Tv's didn't work, room phine didn't work...wires to Tv's hanging on the walls. I feel sorry for the staff who hav to keep apologizing to the customer complaints! If Trump really owns this hotel he better visit it-----i can assure you HE'D NEVER STAY IN ONE OF THE FILTHY SUITES.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize that your room arrival was not up to our standard. We have taken measures to ensure that we work closely with all departments to ensure that rooms and features of the room are in excellent condition. We are in the process of our transformation to deliver the unrivaled luxury experience with our expansive rooms and flawless service that The Trump Hotel Collection represents.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort to experience our transformation first hand. Should you wish to discuss your experience personally, please contact me directly.

venice, florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The construction is massive-it impacts everything. The prices certainly reflect the inconvenience to be expected. When would you ever get to stay here with round of golf for two for $200?Upgrades are badly needed and the "new Trump Doral" will no doubt be a fabulous facility which I hope to be able to visit. Golf and golf course view rooms make this pretty special even now in the midst of the chaos. Staff were all friendly, helpful, and efficient. Resort fee and taxes were clearly stated in reservation information both from Travel Zoo and the hotel. Cost of meals and drinks were the higher prices found in large hotels anywhere and everything we ate or drank was excellent-without exception.
I can appreciate suggestions to close during renovation, but a lot of people would be unemployed, so maybe it's a good thing to continue operations. Guess we should recognize that we wouldn't be getting such bargain prices if the resort was functioning normally.

Room Tip: Spa rooms are really great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly.The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Ladysmith, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was awarded this hotel through "NAME YOUR OWN PRICE" on Priceline and thought I got a pretty good deal. Upon check-in the hotel informed me there was a $20.00 per night 'RESORT FEE' ---in addition there was Parking for $27.00 ----which made my hotel stay $47.00 over what I bid and unfortunately I was locked into it. Priceline would not let me cancel the reservation!!!

The "villas" are old and run down. The hotel staff said they were going to put us in the most newly renovated rooms......and then he stated "well, they were renovated about 10 years ago." --and it was very obvious.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!