“Dirty, outdated rooms. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY STAYING HERE!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advanced Purchase 20% Off
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Doral
kalkaska, mi
“Dirty, outdated rooms. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY STAYING HERE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed at this for 2 nights were in a suite that was dirty and run down. 2 Tv's didn't work, room phine didn't work...wires to Tv's hanging on the walls. I feel sorry for the staff who hav to keep apologizing to the customer complaints! If Trump really owns this hotel he better visit it-----i can assure you HE'D NEVER STAY IN ONE OF THE FILTHY SUITES.

• Stayed June 2013
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize that your room arrival was not up to our standard. We have taken measures to ensure that we work closely with all departments to ensure that rooms and features of the room are in excellent condition. We are in the process of our transformation to deliver the unrivaled luxury experience with our expansive rooms and flawless service that The Trump Hotel Collection represents.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort to experience our transformation first hand. Should you wish to discuss your experience personally, please contact me directly.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
venice, florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The construction is massive-it impacts everything. The prices certainly reflect the inconvenience to be expected. When would you ever get to stay here with round of golf for two for $200?Upgrades are badly needed and the "new Trump Doral" will no doubt be a fabulous facility which I hope to be able to visit. Golf and golf course view rooms make this pretty special even now in the midst of the chaos. Staff were all friendly, helpful, and efficient. Resort fee and taxes were clearly stated in reservation information both from Travel Zoo and the hotel. Cost of meals and drinks were the higher prices found in large hotels anywhere and everything we ate or drank was excellent-without exception.
I can appreciate suggestions to close during renovation, but a lot of people would be unemployed, so maybe it's a good thing to continue operations. Guess we should recognize that we wouldn't be getting such bargain prices if the resort was functioning normally.

Room Tip: Spa rooms are really great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly.The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Ladysmith, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was awarded this hotel through "NAME YOUR OWN PRICE" on Priceline and thought I got a pretty good deal. Upon check-in the hotel informed me there was a $20.00 per night 'RESORT FEE' ---in addition there was Parking for $27.00 ----which made my hotel stay $47.00 over what I bid and unfortunately I was locked into it. Priceline would not let me cancel the reservation!!!

The "villas" are old and run down. The hotel staff said they were going to put us in the most newly renovated rooms......and then he stated "well, they were renovated about 10 years ago." --and it was very obvious.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

No valet parking, walked 1/2 mile from lot to spa. Services were fair, at end of day still didn't have a room ready. Went all teh way back to car, got luggage adn still no room ready when got back to lobby at 4pm. had to take all luggage up to spa adn shower in spa because ging to dinner and had a show. Mangers came into spa while we were in towels getting ready and kept trying to rectify situation but it was too late. we had luggage sprawled all over shwer area of sp had already showered adn wer trying to get to dinner on time. It was ridiculous!!! They just stood ther talking as we did our makeup wearing towels!!! I live an hour north so was going to drive home after show. Manager actually commented she would waive cancellation charge if we decided to do that. Can you believe!!!!! How nice of her haha. Really!!! I said only way I would stay was if room was free and I only paid spa services. We agreed. We got back to Doral at midnight after show. I had a bellman bring bags to room because we went straight to car from spa bathroom. The bags did make it to the room. Hallelujah!!! The next morning when I went to check out the manager, Grisette who I hope has been fired, had allotted only $150 credit for room, charged the $398 for spa package AND double charged $517 for all spa services again. My total bill was $850 and should have been $400 plus tax and gratuity so about $520 tops!!! Of course no manager was around Sunday morning to rectify charges so now I'm contesting bill on Amex. What a nightmare!!!!

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience. I am disheartened to hear about your experience and have spoken with the leaders of the hotel and Spa in regards to the specifics of your unfortunate incident. It is our utmost commitment to ensure that our guests receive exceptional service. We hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Trump National Doral, to allow you to see that we have a team of service professionals which take your unfortunate experience to heart, and have sincere desire to regain your faith in our commitment to quality. I apologize that any aspect of this hindered your overall experience with us.

Should you wish to discuss this with me personally, please feel free to contact me directly.

tampabay
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just returned from what we expected to be a pleasant, relaxing weekend stay. We have stayed here twice in the past and thought we knew what to expect. We were wrong. From the moment of arrival, we were greeted with an assault of construction noise, debris and overall mess. Even at check in we did not fully realize the extent of the construction which affected literally every area of the resort. The only area of calm was our hotel room. The parking area which we were directed to by the bell staff, (and paid $18 a night for ) required walking through the construction and through traffic. Inside the main lobby and Bossanova lounge, a jackhammer could be heard non-stop. With the exception of the lounge, everything else was makeshift and obviously temporarily moved to accomodate construction. We had a reservation at the Mesazul steakhouse, which we discovered was now just a partitioned off meeting room. The only place to have lunch was OUTSIDE by the pool! Fine if you are in swim clothing, but it's Miami and rather hot to be outside dressed any other way. Our walk from lodge #2 to the main lobby and lounge area was through construction and the sidewalk was blocked by a huge dumpster, forcing us to walk in the street! This property should either be closed until construction is complete or it should be severely discounted with no parking or resort fee and full disclosure to guests during the booking process as to the scope of these renovations! The daily resort fee is $20, and believe me you're not getting anything like a resort for that. Had we known the extent of the construction/renovation we would not have stayed here.

Bath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were fully aware of the reconstruction and after seeing the North Miami Beach resort look forward to the end result.
Our problem was more the service of the check in and general staff - EXCEPT for pool staff who were the gem in our stay.
We were not informed of the benefits of staying there and from our resort fee. We had to do our own investigations to utilise this.
We were VERY disappointed also that when we tried to use the sauna and steam room we were told we would have to pay $15 each!! This is a joke given the money we were spending on the room and other goods I.e. food and drink. This is totally out of order and unlike any other spa we have ever been to in a hotel. Particularly given the lesser space at the only pool during reconstructions.
Beforehand we would have been interested in going back once refurbishments are complete but now would think twice.

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will be personally addressing the issues you had during your check in with our Front Office Department. Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Centreville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Although there is contruction to imporve the resort, the red course was in fantasic shape, service was excellent. I would not let the contruction deter anyone form going to the resort. Although it was very hot that day the golf was great which made the pool more enjoyable afterwards.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!