“trump rip off” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
bridgend
“trump rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

so you want the most basic commodity known to man (or women) water.

Do you stroll down to reception and find a vending machine or a shop to buy it?

Sorry there are none, but fear not room service will deliver two litres for you.

cost $26.00.

Well donald does have to recoup a 250 million refit some how :-(

By the way he won't mention the refit when you book - all the construction will be a nice surprise and take your mind off the water bill!!!

Room Tip: any other hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Ok yes there are major renovations going on but by end of the year it will be the best ever! But for now the wonderful staff does everything to make your stay the best, with spa pool access and limo rides to Trump Miami Beach with beach setup with private umbrellas, chairs,etc. and a beautiful grotto pool there. Trump Doral is so nice and relaxing, beautiful grounds and construction didn't bother us one bit as the main building is gorgeous with a brand new fitness center. there is constuction noise but you're out touring Miami most of the day anyway, we just loved this resort and will stay here every time we are in the area!

Room Tip: Valet park and stay in a room close to the main building, its worth the extra $9 and much more conve...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. I agree that we have beautiful grounds. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Tampa, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Pool is being renovated, self parking is too far and pricey.... service and cleanliness not the best. We stayed in lodge 3 and the suites are very close together what started as a couples getaway was a nightmare screaming baby next door felt like was in our suite and the overall service was not good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at Doral Golf Resort & Spa and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations and I will be personally addressing the issues you had with our leaders and their teams. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort soon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I'm pretty sure it's well-known that the resort is undergoing a major renovation. So for all the reviewers who are complaining about this, don't act surprised. It's been announced in the news, it's clearly visible on sites like tripadvisor and most importantly, the resort's website mentions of the renovations. That being said, I wouldn't pay full price to stay at a hotel if it is undergoing any kind of renovation or construction work. I won a bid on priceline and paid $70/night so for the price I paid, the resort was well worth it. We stayed in Lodge 4 with a fairly spacious room and balcony. I was pretty skeptical after reading all the reviews and was anticipating the worst, however the resort and our room/lodge was clean and had no problems at all. We did not go to the resort for golfing, just for lodging and the use of the spa amenities, therefore I cannot provide any insight on the golfing experience. The staff service was extremely friendly and were able to assist us with any questions or concerns we had. The downside would be the parking/resort fees and the airplanes going overhead (which we knew would happen since it's close to the airport). Parking wasn't too far from our lodge since we were staying close to the main building. The highlight of our stay (hence the resort fee) was the private transportation in a beautiful Escalade SUV to Trump's sister hotel in North Miami Beach, where we had our own private beach area with umbrella/beach chairs, etc. Our driver was amazing and was able to provide some tourist tips for sightseeing/shopping, etc. Overall the experience at this resort was pleasant. Will I pay full price for it amidst the renovations? Probably not. However, I'm definitely looking forward to visiting again once it's complete so I can get the full experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly and I agree that we have very spacious rooms. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Hotel is under major construction with sounds of jack hammers in conference rooms and lobby. Had lots of room problems as the issues were related to poor maintenance and lack of detail. The front desk staff must be new to the hotel business as they do not follow up with issues. The resort fee of $28 day was a joke when the pools are closed and bundle newspaper, coffee and tea service, and other normal hotel amenities that should be part of the room. My newspaper never showed up and when I ask for one, I was charged $2.10 for a paper. I had to switch rooms due to very loud ac sounds and waking me up every 45 minutes. Rooms are very used and old. Found lots of maintenance issues from exposed shower light in shower to broken light switches.
This property would not survive as a hotel without the golf course.
Going to Fairmont in Scottsdale in few weeks for a world class golf experience as this property falls short.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I am disheartened to hear of your opinions regarding your experience with us. I personally inspected the room issues you encountered and particularly the exposed lighting you mentioned. This type of bathroom lighting is a standard in some of our guestrooms by design, but is not a safety issue. The other items may have been repaired after your departure, as I did not find them present when I walked the guestrooms and I apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way. Although we are in renovation we do not condone poor maintenance in our guestrooms and your concerns with discussed with the departments involved.
We do have a resort fee, which is very common in our local market, to ensure that our guests have the convenience of all the services we offer without the hassle of many additional or hidden fees, including Internet, however we also include other unique amenities in our resort fee, such as our beach shuttle. Although our Lagoon Pool is closed for renovations, we do have our Spa pool and indoor pool available for our guests enjoyment. Although the local newspaper is complimentary for our guests as part of the resort fee, special requests such as the Wall Street Journal, are available for a fee. In observance of your displeasure of this fee, we removed this charge upon your departure and again apologize if this was sen as a negative note in your experience.

We would like to have you return and experience our commitment to quality and service, therefore please contact me if you would like to discuss your concerns further.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Toilet in first room didn't flush, elevator to room I was changed to broke down when our bags were being taken there, wake up call was 2 hours early and then didn't call back when they should've,no apologies yet

Room Tip: Get a room close to front desk if u don't want to walk a lot
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize that your room upon arrival was not up to our standards and that we failed to execute the level of service that we pride ourselves on providing to our coveted guests. We are taking additional measures to ensure that features of the room are in excellent condition even prior to our upcoming renovation and have recently begun the process of our transformation to deliver the unrivaled luxury experience with our expansive room renovation and enhancements to service that The Trump Hotel Collection promises to deliver.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Trump National Doral to experience our upcoming transformation first hand. Should you wish to discuss your experience more with me personally, please contact me directly.

San Pedro Sula, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The place is well kept, the service is first rate and there is plenty to do if you don´t want to leave the premises. The location is great. Right in the middle of Doral with ready access to three malls, banks and plenty of restaurants. At this time, the pool was closed for maintenance but the last time I visted it was adequate for lap swimming and lounging around.

Room Tip: This is a resort located in the middle of the city. The distances are long so look at the resort ma...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!