“Undergoing reno, but not as bad as it seems” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Signature Golf Package
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
Toronto, Canada
“Undergoing reno, but not as bad as it seems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I'm pretty sure it's well-known that the resort is undergoing a major renovation. So for all the reviewers who are complaining about this, don't act surprised. It's been announced in the news, it's clearly visible on sites like tripadvisor and most importantly, the resort's website mentions of the renovations. That being said, I wouldn't pay full price to stay at a hotel if it is undergoing any kind of renovation or construction work. I won a bid on priceline and paid $70/night so for the price I paid, the resort was well worth it. We stayed in Lodge 4 with a fairly spacious room and balcony. I was pretty skeptical after reading all the reviews and was anticipating the worst, however the resort and our room/lodge was clean and had no problems at all. We did not go to the resort for golfing, just for lodging and the use of the spa amenities, therefore I cannot provide any insight on the golfing experience. The staff service was extremely friendly and were able to assist us with any questions or concerns we had. The downside would be the parking/resort fees and the airplanes going overhead (which we knew would happen since it's close to the airport). Parking wasn't too far from our lodge since we were staying close to the main building. The highlight of our stay (hence the resort fee) was the private transportation in a beautiful Escalade SUV to Trump's sister hotel in North Miami Beach, where we had our own private beach area with umbrella/beach chairs, etc. Our driver was amazing and was able to provide some tourist tips for sightseeing/shopping, etc. Overall the experience at this resort was pleasant. Will I pay full price for it amidst the renovations? Probably not. However, I'm definitely looking forward to visiting again once it's complete so I can get the full experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly and I agree that we have very spacious rooms. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

1,003 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Hotel is under major construction with sounds of jack hammers in conference rooms and lobby. Had lots of room problems as the issues were related to poor maintenance and lack of detail. The front desk staff must be new to the hotel business as they do not follow up with issues. The resort fee of $28 day was a joke when the pools are closed and bundle newspaper, coffee and tea service, and other normal hotel amenities that should be part of the room. My newspaper never showed up and when I ask for one, I was charged $2.10 for a paper. I had to switch rooms due to very loud ac sounds and waking me up every 45 minutes. Rooms are very used and old. Found lots of maintenance issues from exposed shower light in shower to broken light switches.
This property would not survive as a hotel without the golf course.
Going to Fairmont in Scottsdale in few weeks for a world class golf experience as this property falls short.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am disheartened to hear of your opinions regarding your experience with us. I personally inspected the room issues you encountered and particularly the exposed lighting you mentioned. This type of bathroom lighting is a standard in some of our guestrooms by design, but is not a safety issue. The other items may have been repaired after your departure, as I did not find them present when I walked the guestrooms and I apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way. Although we are in renovation we do not condone poor maintenance in our guestrooms and your concerns with discussed with the departments involved.
We do have a resort fee, which is very common in our local market, to ensure that our guests have the convenience of all the services we offer without the hassle of many additional or hidden fees, including Internet, however we also include other unique amenities in our resort fee, such as our beach shuttle. Although our Lagoon Pool is closed for renovations, we do have our Spa pool and indoor pool available for our guests enjoyment. Although the local newspaper is complimentary for our guests as part of the resort fee, special requests such as the Wall Street Journal, are available for a fee. In observance of your displeasure of this fee, we removed this charge upon your departure and again apologize if this was sen as a negative note in your experience.

We would like to have you return and experience our commitment to quality and service, therefore please contact me if you would like to discuss your concerns further.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Toilet in first room didn't flush, elevator to room I was changed to broke down when our bags were being taken there, wake up call was 2 hours early and then didn't call back when they should've,no apologies yet

Room Tip: Get a room close to front desk if u don't want to walk a lot
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize that your room upon arrival was not up to our standards and that we failed to execute the level of service that we pride ourselves on providing to our coveted guests. We are taking additional measures to ensure that features of the room are in excellent condition even prior to our upcoming renovation and have recently begun the process of our transformation to deliver the unrivaled luxury experience with our expansive room renovation and enhancements to service that The Trump Hotel Collection promises to deliver.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Trump National Doral to experience our upcoming transformation first hand. Should you wish to discuss your experience more with me personally, please contact me directly.

Tegucigalpa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The place is well kept, the service is first rate and there is plenty to do if you don´t want to leave the premises. The location is great. Right in the middle of Doral with ready access to three malls, banks and plenty of restaurants. At this time, the pool was closed for maintenance but the last time I visted it was adequate for lap swimming and lounging around.

Room Tip: This is a resort located in the middle of the city. The distances are long so look at the resort ma...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went to the Doral Resort and Spa on Memorial Day and I was thoroughly disappointed. I was not told of renovations scheduled when I made my reservations. The outside pool that was opened was dirty and the cascade waterfalls were horrible. The hot cascade was green and you couldn't even see the bottom. The girl that waited on me at the spa counter was rude and gave me change in quarters....quarters! I couldn't believe it. Also, my favorite thing about spa's that I have visited in the past was the steam shower and it was out of order. I was told that it broke the day before I arrived. I wished they had told me when they called to confirm my appointment. I can't believe that a Trump Resort is in such poor shape. I understand that they are going thru some renovations but that is no excuse for the dirty pool and rude service. I will not be back and will not recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience. I am disheartened to hear about your experience and have addressed your concerns with both our leaders and their teams. It is our utmost commitment to ensure that our associates are honoring our guests requests and providing exceptional service. We hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort, to allow you to see that we have a team of service professionals which take your unfortunate experience to heart, and have sincere desire to regain your faith in our commitment to quality. In regards to your experience with our resorts enhancements occurring, in the months to come every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities. I apologize that any aspect of this hindered your overall experience with us.

Should you wish to discuss this with me personally, please contact me directly.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed in the regular hotel as well as the spa. Use the spa pool vs the regular one, less noise and kids. Food is fantastic and what do you want to say about the golf? PGA tournaments, etch. The very best of the best. Very elegant, and the spa is downright incredible. Spa suites are unbelievable. You must try it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that you had a wonderful experience at our Spa. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We booked this through Hotwire and after reading previous reviews actually tried to cancel the reservation, however Hotwire's policy would not allow the cancellation. I am SO GLAD they didn't. Even though the hotel is under renovation and does need to be updated, the experience was really nice. My party included three, so we had a room with two double beds. We were assigned to Lodge 5, and our room was VERY spacious. We also had a nice patio which looked out onto the golf course (which is under renovation). The room had all of the amenities as most hotels (iron, iron boards, hair dryer, safe, mini bar, etc).

I'm sure when the renovations are completed, the changes will make this hotel even more exquisite. I would recommend, especially if you can get it at a nice price.

Beware: There is a $20 resort fee, and $18 fee for parking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one. I agree that we have very spacious rooms. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!