“May be excellent for golfers, not so good for business travellers” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Trump National Doral Miami

You added Trump National Doral Miami to your Saves list
Trump National Doral Miami
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Through Cyber Monday Sale
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Sao Paulo, SP
“May be excellent for golfers, not so good for business travellers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, but is under renovation. In 2012, it was bought by Donald Trump and it has potential to become a golfer's paradise. However, it has lots of things to be done. Swimming pools and bars/restaurants were closed. If you leave your car with Valet (main building) or in the self-parking lot you will walk anyway through dust. A lot of fees, includind self parking.

Room Tip: As the hotel is under renovation, when making reservation, do not forget to ask if the activities y...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

No words can describe my frustration with this place! I stayed here over the weekend and would have rather been at a motel 6! The Staff was rude, totally unhelpful and the whole place was under construction. They tried to over charge my card for things that I didn't even use and parking that I ALREADY paid cash for each time that I went in and out of the parking. The whole "resort" is nasty. I wouldn't pay $20 to stay there!! I called to get a blanket and 2 hours later they never showed I called again and the lady had forgot! We are talking about a "supposed" 5 star resort here and you can't even bring me a blanket?! I asked for help loading mine and some friends luggage and for a golf cart to take us to my car since the driveway up to the door of my hotel was blocked by workers and people that were fixing the road and yet again, NO ONE SHOWED! Do yourself a favor, go to a Holiday Inn and stay there! The rooms spelled like feet and bologna and sometimes smoke! Our bathroom door wouldn't even shut! Just a horrible experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They make you pay for everything parking breakfast your pillow towels ...just DONT STAY HERE!!!.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience. I am disheartened to hear about your experience and have addressed your concerns with the department leaders and their teams. It is our utmost commitment to ensure that our associates are honoring our guests requests and providing exceptional service. We hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort, to allow you to see that we have a team of service professionals which take your unfortunate experience to heart, and have sincere desire to regain your faith in our commitment to quality. In regards to your experience with our resorts enhancements occurring, in the months to come every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities. I apologize that any aspect of this hindered your overall experience with us.

Should you wish to discuss this with me personally, please contact me directly.

Usa, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Paid for the 1 night room via Priceline that included taxes and room. when I check out I was charged $51 something for resort fees, self parking. The resort looks nice and it pretty big.
Not worth it IMHO

• Stayed May 2013
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I agree that we have a beautiful property. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

i know 20$ is a lot for a resort Fee, if you sum up parking 18$ you will have spend almost 50$ just for fees. i must make this clear, these fees are not hidden. the Staff which are very very nice and polite, tell you this at the moment you swipe your card.if you are not agree with that you might go to somewhere else. i hate to pay for parking, believe me, i just hate it. if i buy a hot dog you can't charge me for the ketchup. if i rent a room owners might figure that i will get there in a car, so just name a price and that's it. don't tell me is 150$ for the room and 20$ for parking, is just not right. Name it 170$ and that's it. all in all, this time i won't complaint neither for the resort fee neither for the parking price. the price that i got for a room here was almost ridiculous it was so cheap that i just can't tell. but i agree on most comments, parking lot is way far the room and it seems pretty risky. i had to walk between 6-8 minutes to go to my room from parking lot. and that's neither relaxing nor welcoming. Valet parking was expensive and true to be told i like to park the car i'm renting... now about the room, the room we got was dated, it had the perfect size for a room not huge, not small, the bed was amazing, it has a flat tv i don't remember if we had a small fridge or not. not sure. the elevators didn't work on the night we stayed. the property itself is well maintained and kinda cool has excellent pools. we went here in late march but i heard is under renovation the staff told me that donald trump bought this property.

Room Tip: choose one near the parking lot, you will thank me later...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly and I agree that we have very comfortable beds.The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pros:
-rooms were large, looked recently updated.
-the obvious, golf

Cons:
-Airplanes flying overhead at all times of the day
-Stupid expensive for no reason
-Trump
-Only one pool was open
-Construction

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I agree that we have very comfortable rooms and that we have beautiful golf courses. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Had to Pay for $20 resort fee(did not golf or use pool or internet and $18 parking fee on top of room fee.Parking was not convienent.
Had to walk a long way from dark creepy parking lot to room. I called front desk for security twice to help get to room for my saftey. Security never came!
Would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will be personally addressing some of the issues you had with our Front Desk & Loss Prevention Department. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I booked on-line through a discount site for a 4 star resort. The property is very nostalgic, most lodging buildings are from the 1960's---reminds me of the old Sands in Las Vegas, garden rooms, etc. However, be aware there is a lot of construction occurring, jack hammers and misc noises throughout the day. The room was furnished nicely. I agree with s0outhern traveler 78's review. They nickel & dime you. Be aware there is a $20 day resort fee & $18 self park fee. If I would have been told up front it would cost me that much additional, I would have stayed somewhere else. One golf course was being totally re-done since the "season" is now over. I bet all summer will be construction busy. Staff was very nice. Currently not a 4-star resort with all of the hullabaloo occurring!

Room Tip: If you self-park ask for room near self parking.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!