“Fees overload!!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Usa, Japan
“Fees overload!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Paid for the 1 night room via Priceline that included taxes and room. when I check out I was charged $51 something for resort fees, self parking. The resort looks nice and it pretty big.
Not worth it IMHO

• Stayed May 2013
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I agree that we have a beautiful property. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

i know 20$ is a lot for a resort Fee, if you sum up parking 18$ you will have spend almost 50$ just for fees. i must make this clear, these fees are not hidden. the Staff which are very very nice and polite, tell you this at the moment you swipe your card.if you are not agree with that you might go to somewhere else. i hate to pay for parking, believe me, i just hate it. if i buy a hot dog you can't charge me for the ketchup. if i rent a room owners might figure that i will get there in a car, so just name a price and that's it. don't tell me is 150$ for the room and 20$ for parking, is just not right. Name it 170$ and that's it. all in all, this time i won't complaint neither for the resort fee neither for the parking price. the price that i got for a room here was almost ridiculous it was so cheap that i just can't tell. but i agree on most comments, parking lot is way far the room and it seems pretty risky. i had to walk between 6-8 minutes to go to my room from parking lot. and that's neither relaxing nor welcoming. Valet parking was expensive and true to be told i like to park the car i'm renting... now about the room, the room we got was dated, it had the perfect size for a room not huge, not small, the bed was amazing, it has a flat tv i don't remember if we had a small fridge or not. not sure. the elevators didn't work on the night we stayed. the property itself is well maintained and kinda cool has excellent pools. we went here in late march but i heard is under renovation the staff told me that donald trump bought this property.

Room Tip: choose one near the parking lot, you will thank me later...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly and I agree that we have very comfortable beds.The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pros:
-rooms were large, looked recently updated.
-the obvious, golf

Cons:
-Airplanes flying overhead at all times of the day
-Stupid expensive for no reason
-Trump
-Only one pool was open
-Construction

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I agree that we have very comfortable rooms and that we have beautiful golf courses. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Had to Pay for $20 resort fee(did not golf or use pool or internet and $18 parking fee on top of room fee.Parking was not convienent.
Had to walk a long way from dark creepy parking lot to room. I called front desk for security twice to help get to room for my saftey. Security never came!
Would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will be personally addressing some of the issues you had with our Front Desk & Loss Prevention Department. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I booked on-line through a discount site for a 4 star resort. The property is very nostalgic, most lodging buildings are from the 1960's---reminds me of the old Sands in Las Vegas, garden rooms, etc. However, be aware there is a lot of construction occurring, jack hammers and misc noises throughout the day. The room was furnished nicely. I agree with s0outhern traveler 78's review. They nickel & dime you. Be aware there is a $20 day resort fee & $18 self park fee. If I would have been told up front it would cost me that much additional, I would have stayed somewhere else. One golf course was being totally re-done since the "season" is now over. I bet all summer will be construction busy. Staff was very nice. Currently not a 4-star resort with all of the hullabaloo occurring!

Room Tip: If you self-park ask for room near self parking.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is the third year in a row I have been to Doral in April. This was by far the worst experience. The staff, as usual, were very nice. The spa is great. The rooms are a bit dated, but I can live with that too. However, the lodge I stayed smelled musty when I walked in. I saw an ant in my room when I checked in. I was hoping it was just that one, but I saw several more in the bathroom over the next few days. I ordered room service twice. On one occasion one of the food items was lukewarm—not hot. The second time they forgot an entire item. However, the worst part of the experience has to be leaving the property. For reasons unbeknownst to me, the resort cannot seem to work out an arrangement where a cab agrees to pick you up at a set time. You're told that you have to come to the lobby desk 10 minutes before you need to leave so you can get a cab. I don't know any business travelers who want to waste 10 minutes just sitting around. Of course, that's manageable if the cab actually shows up in 10 minutes. It doesn't. This year it took me almost 35 minutes to get a cab. The bellman ordered a cab, but it didn't come. So he had to call multiple times. What first class resort does business with a cab company that won't provide decent service? The other problem is that Florida cabs won't take credit cards. Many business travelers prefer to use their corporate credit cards instead of cash. I certainly do. The resort is supposed to be able to order you a cab that takes credit cards. The cab for which I waited 35 minutes, refused to take a credit card when I arrived at the airport. This isn't the first time this kind of drama has happened with Doral. Last year, I had similar issues with cabs taking forever for pick ups, etc., refusing to take credit cards. I raised that issue with folks at Doral last year and hoped they addressed it. This year I complained to the manager on duty during my long cab wait, and I received a bunch of excuses like: "we can't control the cab company." No you cannot control the cab company, but you can provide your guests realistic wait times, or tell them that they should order a car service if they want to leave at set time. I'm fortunate that I allotted enough time that I made to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated lodge. Don't stay on a ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience. I am disheartened to hear about your experience with your guestroom, the In Room Dining service and the experience with the Doral area taxi cab service . I have addressed your concerns with each of the concerns of our appropriate departments specifically, as it is our utmost commitment to ensure that our product and services meet and exceed our guests expectations.
We do our best to arrange for taxi cab service in the local area and do our best to ensure that our guests have the convenience of all the services both on and off property without the hassle of delays. We can absolutely prearrange for car service to and from the resort and our Concierge is able to make these arrangement for you ahead of time. I have also shared your feedback with Doral Taxi Services owner, in hopes we can strengthen our partnership and they can bring awareness to your feedback as a repeat guest of ours.

We do hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort in the future. Should you wish to discuss this with me more, please contact me directly.

BOca Raton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had an early morning flight from the Miami Airport so I booked a stay at this resort using Priceline. After I learned that I would be staying here I read a review on Tripadvisor complaining about an additional "Resort Fee" that I would have to pay. When I checked in I was told that I would have to initial a check in form agreeing to the imposition of the resort fee. Rather than intial I wrote NO. They did not notice. I plan to contest the fee when I receive my credit card statement. Having said that the grounds are beautiul, the rooms nice and the staff seems to try its best but is somewhat inept. It is a find place to stay at the right price if you have an early morning flight

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly. I agree that we have beautiful grounds and that we have nice rooms. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!