“Be Aware of Construction & Hidden Fees” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Signature Golf Package
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
Atlanta, Georgia
“Be Aware of Construction & Hidden Fees”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I booked on-line through a discount site for a 4 star resort. The property is very nostalgic, most lodging buildings are from the 1960's---reminds me of the old Sands in Las Vegas, garden rooms, etc. However, be aware there is a lot of construction occurring, jack hammers and misc noises throughout the day. The room was furnished nicely. I agree with s0outhern traveler 78's review. They nickel & dime you. Be aware there is a $20 day resort fee & $18 self park fee. If I would have been told up front it would cost me that much additional, I would have stayed somewhere else. One golf course was being totally re-done since the "season" is now over. I bet all summer will be construction busy. Staff was very nice. Currently not a 4-star resort with all of the hullabaloo occurring!

Room Tip: If you self-park ask for room near self parking.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

1,004 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is the third year in a row I have been to Doral in April. This was by far the worst experience. The staff, as usual, were very nice. The spa is great. The rooms are a bit dated, but I can live with that too. However, the lodge I stayed smelled musty when I walked in. I saw an ant in my room when I checked in. I was hoping it was just that one, but I saw several more in the bathroom over the next few days. I ordered room service twice. On one occasion one of the food items was lukewarm—not hot. The second time they forgot an entire item. However, the worst part of the experience has to be leaving the property. For reasons unbeknownst to me, the resort cannot seem to work out an arrangement where a cab agrees to pick you up at a set time. You're told that you have to come to the lobby desk 10 minutes before you need to leave so you can get a cab. I don't know any business travelers who want to waste 10 minutes just sitting around. Of course, that's manageable if the cab actually shows up in 10 minutes. It doesn't. This year it took me almost 35 minutes to get a cab. The bellman ordered a cab, but it didn't come. So he had to call multiple times. What first class resort does business with a cab company that won't provide decent service? The other problem is that Florida cabs won't take credit cards. Many business travelers prefer to use their corporate credit cards instead of cash. I certainly do. The resort is supposed to be able to order you a cab that takes credit cards. The cab for which I waited 35 minutes, refused to take a credit card when I arrived at the airport. This isn't the first time this kind of drama has happened with Doral. Last year, I had similar issues with cabs taking forever for pick ups, etc., refusing to take credit cards. I raised that issue with folks at Doral last year and hoped they addressed it. This year I complained to the manager on duty during my long cab wait, and I received a bunch of excuses like: "we can't control the cab company." No you cannot control the cab company, but you can provide your guests realistic wait times, or tell them that they should order a car service if they want to leave at set time. I'm fortunate that I allotted enough time that I made to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated lodge. Don't stay on a ground floor.
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience. I am disheartened to hear about your experience with your guestroom, the In Room Dining service and the experience with the Doral area taxi cab service . I have addressed your concerns with each of the concerns of our appropriate departments specifically, as it is our utmost commitment to ensure that our product and services meet and exceed our guests expectations.
We do our best to arrange for taxi cab service in the local area and do our best to ensure that our guests have the convenience of all the services both on and off property without the hassle of delays. We can absolutely prearrange for car service to and from the resort and our Concierge is able to make these arrangement for you ahead of time. I have also shared your feedback with Doral Taxi Services owner, in hopes we can strengthen our partnership and they can bring awareness to your feedback as a repeat guest of ours.

We do hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort in the future. Should you wish to discuss this with me more, please contact me directly.

BOca Raton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had an early morning flight from the Miami Airport so I booked a stay at this resort using Priceline. After I learned that I would be staying here I read a review on Tripadvisor complaining about an additional "Resort Fee" that I would have to pay. When I checked in I was told that I would have to initial a check in form agreeing to the imposition of the resort fee. Rather than intial I wrote NO. They did not notice. I plan to contest the fee when I receive my credit card statement. Having said that the grounds are beautiul, the rooms nice and the staff seems to try its best but is somewhat inept. It is a find place to stay at the right price if you have an early morning flight

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly. I agree that we have beautiful grounds and that we have nice rooms. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed in April 2013. Booked online with a travel site. When we arrived we were told there would be an automatic $20 resort fee that was not disclosed prior to booking. Further there was an $18 parking fee (no problem). I needed to send a document to my office so I went to there business center and was informed I would be charged for time on the internet which was extremely frustrating considering I could have stayed at a business friendly hotel for less. Breakfast cost $29. The room was musty (old facilities). You could hear right through the walls which was interesting. Golf looked awesome, and they are renovating which should be nice, but I get frustrated when I get nickel and dimed when it should be a more inclusive and transparent cost.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I agree that we have beautiful Golf Courses. I will be personally addressing some of the issues you had with our Front Office and Housekeeping staff. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Keller, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

It was probably a nice place back in the day, now it is creepy and run down - I kept expecting to encounter the ghosts from 'The Shining' in the hallway.

My 'golf course view' room had a view of a backhoe digging up a golf course.

They must be planning of funding the $200M renovation through high fees - $20/day resort fee plus $18/day parking. The parking lot is dark, in disrepair, and far from the room.

If you are a golfer, maybe - otherwise stay at the Intercontinental down the street.

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at Doral Golf Resort & Spa and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort soon.

Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were here for a convention, so our room rate was below the normal rate, which is too high for the time being. This resort is undergoing a $250,000 upgrade thanks to Donald Trump. The rooms are a bit outdated, but will be worth the current rate once renovated. The pools and the grounds are excellent, and the golf course is world class and very challanging. The restaurants are great, and priced accordingly. We found a fabulous Italian restaurant just outside of the resort called Jimmy's, in a small strip plaza. Our Taxi driver also recommended this spot, due to the high quality of food, fabulous service, and it's not expensive. The cab ride only costs $5:00 if you don't have a car. We would stay again, but only after all the renovations are completed.

Room Tip: The rooms are all located away from the main building, and the views from each room vary,based on th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. I agree that we have great restaurants. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Venice, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I booked this hotel thru Priceline & got a great deal. I was just looking for a Hotel to stay at for one night before my 7day Cruise out of Miami. After booking I checked out the hotel & found out about the $20 resort fee & $18 self parking fee which was ok since I did get a good deal. I could never imagine paying full price for this hotel. Queen rooms were sold out at check in so my Boyfriend & I had 2 double beds. Self parking was a little much especially since there are no signs or staff that can help assist with where exactly you need to park. The air conditioner was very loud & never shut off. It just ran all night & was freezing or you would shut it off & sweat to death. The Hotel rooms & grounds were very clean. Staff was very nice & accomodating. We did have a small issue in the restaurant & were MORE then taken care of the next day. My BF called just to give them a heads up about an issue with his food & we were brought a gift bag of fruit, nuts, water & different snacks which was an awesome carry on for our cruise. Overall no real major complaints & If I could get another room at an awesome price I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful. I will be personally addressing the issues you had in your room with our Engineering staff. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!