This is the third year in a row I have been to Doral in April. This was by far the worst experience. The staff, as usual, were very nice. The spa is great. The rooms are a bit dated, but I can live with that too. However, the lodge I stayed smelled musty when I walked in. I saw an ant in my room when I checked in. I was hoping it was just that one, but I saw several more in the bathroom over the next few days. I ordered room service twice. On one occasion one of the food items was lukewarm—not hot. The second time they forgot an entire item. However, the worst part of the experience has to be leaving the property. For reasons unbeknownst to me, the resort cannot seem to work out an arrangement where a cab agrees to pick you up at a set time. You're told that you have to come to the lobby desk 10 minutes before you need to leave so you can get a cab. I don't know any business travelers who want to waste 10 minutes just sitting around. Of course, that's manageable if the cab actually shows up in 10 minutes. It doesn't. This year it took me almost 35 minutes to get a cab. The bellman ordered a cab, but it didn't come. So he had to call multiple times. What first class resort does business with a cab company that won't provide decent service? The other problem is that Florida cabs won't take credit cards. Many business travelers prefer to use their corporate credit cards instead of cash. I certainly do. The resort is supposed to be able to order you a cab that takes credit cards. The cab for which I waited 35 minutes, refused to take a credit card when I arrived at the airport. This isn't the first time this kind of drama has happened with Doral. Last year, I had similar issues with cabs taking forever for pick ups, etc., refusing to take credit cards. I raised that issue with folks at Doral last year and hoped they addressed it. This year I complained to the manager on duty during my long cab wait, and I received a bunch of excuses like: "we can't control the cab company." No you cannot control the cab company, but you can provide your guests realistic wait times, or tell them that they should order a car service if they want to leave at set time. I'm fortunate that I allotted enough time that I made to the airport with plenty of time to spare.
- Also Known As:
- Doral Golf Resort And Spa, a Marriott Hotel Doral
- Doral Golf Resort And Spa, a Marriott Hotel
- Marriott Doral
- Doral Golf Resort Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a tranquil Florida spa and golf resort designed to offer peaceful rest and relaxation in a tropical atmosphere. Situated on 650 lush acres, the world-renowned Trump National Doral Miami provides guests with premier Miami resort amenities and golf course views. A NEW ADDITION. Trump Hotel CollectionTM has recently added Miami's iconic Doral Resort to its portfolio with plans for a spectacular multimillion-dollar redesign to restore Trump Doral to its former grandeur. Trump Doral boasts 693 guestrooms across 10 lodges; world-class golf courses including the Blue Monster; 100,000-sq.-ft. of meeting space including a 24,000-sq.-ft. ballroom; a sprawling 48,000-sq.-ft. spa with 33 treatment rooms; highly regarded golf school and teaching facilities; retail boutiques and a private members' clubhouse. "When completed, Doral will be the finest resort and golf club in the country." Donald J. Trump, Trump Organization chairman and president.The comprehensive redesign of the entire resort begun in 2013, occurring in phases, and is slated to conclude in late 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Trump National Doral Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.