“Nice But Beware” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
BOca Raton
“Nice But Beware”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had an early morning flight from the Miami Airport so I booked a stay at this resort using Priceline. After I learned that I would be staying here I read a review on Tripadvisor complaining about an additional "Resort Fee" that I would have to pay. When I checked in I was told that I would have to initial a check in form agreeing to the imposition of the resort fee. Rather than intial I wrote NO. They did not notice. I plan to contest the fee when I receive my credit card statement. Having said that the grounds are beautiul, the rooms nice and the staff seems to try its best but is somewhat inept. It is a find place to stay at the right price if you have an early morning flight

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly. I agree that we have beautiful grounds and that we have nice rooms. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

978 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed in April 2013. Booked online with a travel site. When we arrived we were told there would be an automatic $20 resort fee that was not disclosed prior to booking. Further there was an $18 parking fee (no problem). I needed to send a document to my office so I went to there business center and was informed I would be charged for time on the internet which was extremely frustrating considering I could have stayed at a business friendly hotel for less. Breakfast cost $29. The room was musty (old facilities). You could hear right through the walls which was interesting. Golf looked awesome, and they are renovating which should be nice, but I get frustrated when I get nickel and dimed when it should be a more inclusive and transparent cost.

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I agree that we have beautiful Golf Courses. I will be personally addressing some of the issues you had with our Front Office and Housekeeping staff. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Keller, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

It was probably a nice place back in the day, now it is creepy and run down - I kept expecting to encounter the ghosts from 'The Shining' in the hallway.

My 'golf course view' room had a view of a backhoe digging up a golf course.

They must be planning of funding the $200M renovation through high fees - $20/day resort fee plus $18/day parking. The parking lot is dark, in disrepair, and far from the room.

If you are a golfer, maybe - otherwise stay at the Intercontinental down the street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at Doral Golf Resort & Spa and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort soon.

Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were here for a convention, so our room rate was below the normal rate, which is too high for the time being. This resort is undergoing a $250,000 upgrade thanks to Donald Trump. The rooms are a bit outdated, but will be worth the current rate once renovated. The pools and the grounds are excellent, and the golf course is world class and very challanging. The restaurants are great, and priced accordingly. We found a fabulous Italian restaurant just outside of the resort called Jimmy's, in a small strip plaza. Our Taxi driver also recommended this spot, due to the high quality of food, fabulous service, and it's not expensive. The cab ride only costs $5:00 if you don't have a car. We would stay again, but only after all the renovations are completed.

Room Tip: The rooms are all located away from the main building, and the views from each room vary,based on th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. I agree that we have great restaurants. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Venice, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I booked this hotel thru Priceline & got a great deal. I was just looking for a Hotel to stay at for one night before my 7day Cruise out of Miami. After booking I checked out the hotel & found out about the $20 resort fee & $18 self parking fee which was ok since I did get a good deal. I could never imagine paying full price for this hotel. Queen rooms were sold out at check in so my Boyfriend & I had 2 double beds. Self parking was a little much especially since there are no signs or staff that can help assist with where exactly you need to park. The air conditioner was very loud & never shut off. It just ran all night & was freezing or you would shut it off & sweat to death. The Hotel rooms & grounds were very clean. Staff was very nice & accomodating. We did have a small issue in the restaurant & were MORE then taken care of the next day. My BF called just to give them a heads up about an issue with his food & we were brought a gift bag of fruit, nuts, water & different snacks which was an awesome carry on for our cruise. Overall no real major complaints & If I could get another room at an awesome price I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful. I will be personally addressing the issues you had in your room with our Engineering staff. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I booked my trip though hot-wire.com, upon checking out they charged me $22.68 for a resort fee. I have been to hotels way nicer than this one and they did not charge a fee after you book a trip. The resort fee was not mention when I checked in. In addition, they charged my credit card $75 dollars extra. A fee they did not mention either at my arrival. Supposedly they put that in hold. However, I was not expecting all those hiding fees. The parking lot road was horrible with huge whole in the asphalt. Also the pool was under construction or some sort of remodeling. I won't stay in this hotel ever and I won't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will be personally addressing some of the issues you had with our Front Office Staff . The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Kew Gardens, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

After reading reviews I was a bit concerned about my short stay here. All for naught. Improvements are happening and work is going on here but the newer accommodations are excellent. The reception staff - particularly Norma - were top notch. Attentive, friendly, accommodating and helpful. A very late night sandwich at the cafe/bar was pricey - but the quality was very good. Fresh, well prepared and staff social and friendly. Mr. Trump did not disappoint.
Also it is a bit of a distance from the airport - investigate your options for transportation.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room just to insure you are not disappointed. It is a large complex and perhaps i wa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!