“Oasis in the city” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Montreal, Canada
“Oasis in the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here one night upon returning from a cruise and fond it to be an excellent choice. Good service, nice rooms, although due for modernization, balcony over looking the golf course. Nice place to relax before returning home. Nice lunch in the Champions restaurant and spent the afternoon at the pool. Quiet and relaxing.

Room Tip: Our room in lodge 8' fourth floor overlooking the golf course was great. Only complaint was tha...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Although the rooms are tired and the common areas out of date, this hotel provides an excellent venue for golfers looking for a retreat. Staff members are professional, and try to be helpful. There is a Starbuck's on site, but it's hidden below the main building facing the golf course. The hotel does need more restaurant facilities, since they close the main restaurant on weekends for lunch (this is a real problem if there's a conference on site).

Room Tip: Rooms are in remote buildings, so be sure to specify whether you need a room close to the main build...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Midland, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Nice grounds, large room, clean. The pools were beautiful, though we didn't use them. not happy about the daily $20 resort and $12 self-parking fees (recommend charging appropriate nightly hotel rates and not surprising clients with these extra charges)
Security made it difficult to get luggage to our room because we declined their valet service - security wouldn't let us unload near our building but told us to park in a distant lot so we had to lug our luggage a couple hundred yards. We found the next morning in the daylight that there was a pull-off close to our building but the security officer that chased us out of the first pull-off didn't tell us about the other pull-off - only the distant self-park lot.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will be personally addressing the issues you had with our Loss Prevention Department. Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights while he visited me in Miami. After reading reviews, we were a little scared. The rooms were outdated, but clean and spacious. We left a note for the maid to leave us an extra towel and a " do not disturb " door hanger. She took the tip that with the note, but didn't leave us either requested item. Two of the three mornings we were there, tons of noise came through the walls and hallways from construction going on. VERY annoying when the work I was doing had me up till 2 am every night....to be woken up at 8 am sucked!!
The parking lots were all torn up and small-big bummer when you had to pay to park yourself. And our room key never worked for letting us out. We had to use the call button every time. The staff answering were short and rude.
The pools were beautiful, though we didn't use them. As well as the golf course and driving range. I did get to use the range and putting green and enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience. I am disheartened to hear about your experience and have addressed your concerns with both our Valet and Housekeeping Department leaders and their teams. It is our utmost commitment to ensure that our associates are honoring our guests requests and providing exceptional service. We hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort, to allow you to see that we have a team of service professionals which take your unfortunate experience to heart, and have sincere desire to regain your faith in our commitment to quality. In regards to your experience with our resorts enhancements occurring, in the months to come every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities. I apologize that any aspect of this hindered your overall experience with us.

Should you wish to discuss this with me personally, please contact me directly.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Wonderful stay with friends and family during the Easter/Passover holiday.

Lots of trained professional staff
Nice grounds
Large rooms
Very clean
Concierge was especially helpful making a birthday and anniversary just perfect

Room Tip: The corner rooms are larger
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the resort. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Turin, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

If you go to the Doral, 95% of the times it's because you want to play golf. And that's perfect for it.
Its 4 courses are a dream for any golfer, from pro to amateur.
If you are part of the 5% going there for business, as I was, it's a bit less than perfect. Still very comfy and with excellent service, it has rooms that would not mind being refurbished, with rather basic bathroom.
During my stay, they were preparing for the PGA event and there were works for cleaning roofs and preparing stands that wee quite noisy and bothersome.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Right from the moment we checked in, the lack or organization was apparent. First our itinerary was incorrect. We had purchased the golf and spa package which allows one game of golf or one spa service per person per night. On our list it had said that one of my husbands golf was not included and therefore wood be billed and only one of my services was listed. There was also an incorrect tee time down. When we asked when this form was prepared, the girl said it is done every morning. We were able to correct this but it was just a glimpse of problems to come. My experience with the check in at the spa was even more confusing. First they couldn't find me in the computer. They then realized it was under my husbands name. They explained to me that the service was included in the package but that gratuities were not. They supposedly were billed to the room. This was day 1 of the spa. Day 2 was even worse. Again a different staff could not find me in the computer. I suggested she look under my husbands name. There it was once again. Then she asked me how I would want to pay to which I replied that I didn't since it was part of the package. I checked in an hour before the service to relax. At 10 mins after my scheduled service I inquired about what was happening. I was then told that they couldn't find or reach the person who was supposed to do my massage. They then asked I I could reschedule for 2 hours later which I could not since we had to leave for the airport by then. So my spa experience consisted taking a shower at the spa! The best was at checkout where we were charged for the first spa treatment. After some discussion the bill was fixed and even more was credited. But this does not make me want to return.
I

• Stayed March 2013
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at Doral Golf Resort & Spa and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations and I will be personally addressing the issues you had with our Golf and Front Desk Staff.The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!