“Hey Donald - Spend less on self-promotion and more on the Rooms!” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Advanced Purchase 20% Off
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Naperville, Illinois, United States
“Hey Donald - Spend less on self-promotion and more on the Rooms!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed for a business trip and meeting on-property. Fantastic front desk staff, even if wearing what looks like housecleaning uniforms. This was less than a week after the major PGA Championship Golf event, and they were not harried or tired. However, I feel the rest of the staff may have been tired -- a medium sized business dinner took way too long for plating (had to remind staff several times to bring food) and food was average at best.
Its the rooms however tat need some help. Buildings look and feel like a college dorm and rooms are dark, throwback to the 60's with a very 21st Century price however. And the TV loop of Donald bragging about, well Donald, made me laugh at his inverted customer service priorities. Unless a serious golfer, would suggest other downtown Miami alternatives.

Room Tip: ask to be put away from the front of the individual buildings
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will be personally addressing some of the issues you had with our Food & Beverage staff. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Hurricane, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went with my brother and my Dad on a birthday golf trip for my Dad. Our original room had a view of the street, but the front desk was very cooperative in getting us a room that was off the street and had a little patio backing to the golf course. We had a great dinner at the steak house our first night. We golfed at the White, the Blue, and the Jim McLean courses all of which were awesome.
The pool experience could have been a little better. The pool water was freezing. The first day after golf we went to the pool and went to get in the hot tub and it was colder than the pool. They did have this fixed the second day fortunately.
The bar experience could have been a little better too. My brother and I went to get a couple drinks; first round was $27 for our two drinks (and mine was a beer). The band was super loud and it was difficult to talk, we ended up going downstairs to the sports bar to have a couple drinks down there. Generally I don't mind loud music but I guess that band wasn't doing it for me.
Overall we had a great trip, and with golf being the primary focus, it didn't disappoint at all!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.I will be personally addressing the issues you had with our Food & Beverage Staff. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

As great at this resort was, it will be getting even better with Trump's renovation. The fountains are beautiful, the grounds are so nice for walking, the golf courses are excellent! The pool features are great! The staff is friendly and very helpful! Beautiful rooms, great Latin band, great bar scene for dancing! Visited spa, but did not use their services, but it looked great!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. I agree that we have a beautiful property. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is the 4th time I've stayed at this resort. The Spa is nice, the golf is great. I've had issues every time with the service of the staff at checkin and during the week. The resort is expensive to stay at and you would expect the service to match. Trump will hopefully change the mentality of the staff as he redoes the Blue Monster golf course.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at Doral for 1 night after a cruise and absolutely loved it. The grounds are amazing, everybody I have talked to from receptionist to gardener was smiling and professional. The room was beautiful and accommodating.
My favorite part was the pool and hot tub.
Great resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the resort and that our staff was helpful and friendly.The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was struggling to find a reasonable (sub-$250) price on a South Beach hotel, so I decided to go with the Doral area through Priceline and ended up having my bid accepted by this property.

The reviews here made it sound like the place was being rescued from a neolithic age by the Trump organization, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

When I arrived, I was greeted (multiple times by multiple people) and the whole check in experience was great. Though the stated check in time is 4pm, I was given a room at 8:30am, which wasn't something I had expected. The downside was that due to the Cadillac PGA Championship, which was taking place starting Monday, there was no self parking and my only recourse was the rather expensive $27 valet, which, on top of the $20 resort fee, made this stay 50% more expensive than the initial price I paid. But, thinking about it, it was still quite a bit cheaper than anything on South or Miami beaches.

The resort is not in one building, but is in several "lodges" which are all fairly close to one another. I stayed in lodge 9, which had a pleasant lobby with a comfortable sitting area and lots of sunlight. It was only a 2-3 minute walk from the main building.

The room itself was spacious, with two queen beds, flat screen TV, and an interesting two-room shower/bath "experience" that I found rather odd, but not off-putting by any means. The balcony was a nice touch and had a couple of chairs for sitting.

The room is a bit dated and I am not sure if it's being updated or if an update was already reflected in the flat screen TVs. There is free wi-fi, though annoyingly, the code you're given at check in expires at midnight and you need to get a new one, otherwise you have to pay.

I didn't check out any of the facilities, but I did notice a large outdoor pool.

The valet service was clearly overwhelmed, since people were forced to use them. They did the best they could and the lead, Leonardo, was friendly and helpful, offering free water to folks as they waited.

All in all, a nice hotel, reasonably priced, and, if being close to the airport is important, it fills that check box as well. And it's only a 20 minute drive from all the South Beach action (though you may be better off taking a cab, if you're lazy like me, and aren't prepared to find a non-valet parking spot).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

George M.Sotelo
Westfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

It doesn't add up to a 4star resort. Everything is charged there. A bottle of water $5!!!!. Nothing is for free there. U cant put anything in the refrigerator it's full of alcohol and sodas for sale. They wouldn't let us park for ourselves even though it says you have 2 choices valet or self parking. The resort is old. All the hotels around have free shuttle service, from the airport not this place. The rooms are so small like a motel not resort. I travel a lot, this was a real disappointment. Even 2 star hotels have free amentities.Went there with intention to play golf and the place was shut due to a PGA tournament, no warning. Don't go there you will be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!