“As dated as Donald's hair” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Signature Golf Package
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
Saint Louis, Missouri
“As dated as Donald's hair”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The drive up to this property and the lobby are beautiful but that's where it ends. We were put in what they call a lodge an external building that looks like it was built in the 50's. we were on the lower level which was like a basement and smelled like one. Room was very noisy and very dated. Room had an smell of wet carpet.

We went for dinner at the hotel grill. The service was very poor with the wrong entree coming to the table at the same time the appetizer arrived. We had two sandwiches, a hot dog for my daughter, two glasses of wine and two beers which was $100. Not great value even though the food was good.

We were charged a resort fee to add insult to injury even though we did not use the resort. I guess that's how we all subsidize golf fees for the Donald crowd.

• Stayed March 2013
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

As you may know, in the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities. The intention is to preserve many of the historic aspects of the resort and enhance many of the interior features. I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort, to allow you to see that we have a product that will provide you and our guests the best experience.

981 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Freeport, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I actually got three rooms here when stuck at MIA because of bad weather at my next destination. I needed three rooms for a group I was travelling with, and I had to pay more than I usually bid with Priceline. But when we arrived at this hotel, it was clear that we were in a very high class and high luxury resort. The rooms are huge and luxurious, with special appointments like the floor to ceiling louvered doors covering the sliding doors to the patio/balcony. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We were only there one night between flights, so I can't say anything about the golf course or spa or anything else. But the beds were wonderfully comfortable and it made a very difficult day of cancelled flights end very positively. PLEASE NOTE that there are no free airport shuttles to or from this hotel, so you need a $25-30 taxi ride in each direction.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our staff was helpful and friendly. I agree that our rooms are very spacious and our beds are comfortable. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

While this room was nice I stayed in nicer Days Inn.The room was average.The food was average.The service was great.I only meet one american worker. It was like a cruise ship. In that Respect. Most all of the workers were from Argentina. And most of them wore not being paid minimum wage. Donald Trump shame on you!!! The people were stuck up! with a false sense of importance. This place was full of people that are the problem with America. Some of you might like it. I only paid $89 on Priceline so I wont complain to much. lol

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

We do have staff from all over the world working at our resort and we take great pride in the diversity we have. Our wages are competitive with those in the local market and our staff enjoys working here very much. I hope that you will come back to visit to see the pride our staff members take in their work.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

With all the hype on this resort, I expected much better. Perhaps this is great for a golfing week with buddies. It wasn't even close to a 4 star or 5 star property.

The room was average. Small, and quite a distance from the main lobby. At night, the location was difficult to find. No morning newspaper. An average motel coffeemaker with cheap coffee in room.

It's a $30 cab ride from airport. No shuttle, although hotels all around it offered free shuttles. The front desk claimed they were working on it. So it's not even a decent option for a layover considering round-trip taxi and resort fees on top of the room rate.

We booked by priceline, so perhaps they treat priceline bidders as second class citizens. In any event, I wouldn't bother going back.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the hotel offerings. As you may know, in the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Pwllheli
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

A great place to visit for golfers with the BLUE MONSTER and GREAT WHITE courses right outside the door. Jim McLean Signature course nearby as well. The breakfast here was excellent, just what you need before golf. The steakhouse restaurant was excellent too. Again here, the staff were very helpful and attentive. There is a swimming pool opposite the front but there is another excellent and very quiet pool about a five mint ute walk towards the Spa. Overall very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the resort. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly and I agree with you that we have wonderful restaurants. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked through priceline, seems a lot of people did, after booking I received my reservation confirmation and checked the reviews. Was a little concerned to say the least! I phoned the hotel to see if I could book a room in the renovated section and was told I was booked in to a handicap room in the old section and I could not change it by phone, I was told to check when I arrived. I was really nervous now! When I arrived no problems, they checked me in, still the old section, but not bad, I was really nervous because of the other reviews. They have spent a lot of money on the grounds and the golf course and are renovating the rooms gradually. Compared to the surrondings the rooms are a disappointment but are equivalent to any regular hotel I have stayed at. I guess it is a 4 star resort with 3 star rooms, all in all the resort and golf course where great. You do pay for parking and a resort fee, the resort fee includes internet, unlimited use of the driving range, and access to the Trump resort in Miami Beach by shuttle. Considering after the renovation I probably would not pay the real price to stay here I was glad of the experience and enjoyed walking the grounds, sitting by the pools and using the driving range, as a bonus I can brag to my friends when they are watching the world of golf championship, one game is played here, that I stayed there.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room if you can.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities. I do hope to see you back with us in the future to experience all of the incredible changes to come!

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Everything went great. Staff was friendly, grounds were really pretty in that Miami sort of way. Room was as expected. Breakfast buffet was delicious (if a bit expensive).

The only issues I had were that the room we stayed in had a weird buzzing noise that I couldn't pinpoint; not sure if it was the AC, but it was loud enough that I ended up putting some earplugs in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback regarding the noise in your room. I apologize if you informed us of the noise during your stay and we were unable to correct the problem right away. Please rest assure we are undergoing extensive renovations to ensure that our rooms are in immaculate condition and that all equipment is in impeccable working condition. I sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to experience all of the wonderful changes to come!

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!