“Mixed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Mixed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Nice property, beautiful grounds and pools. Very convenient to the airport

Service is not great, though. Parking is confusing and not guest-friendly. We had a suite that was supposed to sleep 2 adults and 4 kids, but was small and we needed to call for a rollaway bed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I agree with you that we have a beautiful property. I will be personally addressing the issues you had with our Valet and Front Office team. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

1,006 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Crane Hill, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

In spite of it being an older property it was well kept. the landscaping was meticulous. We also got a fantastic rate using Priceline name you own price. Trump will make it better. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I agree with you that we have a beautiful property and I’m happy you had a pleasant stay.The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Came along with my husband when he had a conference here - like others have mentioned, the grounds are nice but the lodges and rooms really need updating. Compared to other "Trump" properties this one will require significant upgrades to be considered excellent.
Our room was fine aside from the outdated carpet with some snags/rips, uncomfortable beds (getting a better look at the matress, it was old, ripped in places), and outdated shower. There is wifi so that's a plus.
Service was moderate - we did ask for a microwave which was delivered promptly however assistance from the concierge was like pulling teeth - he was very unwilling to assist and spoke as though he were scolding me instead of giving suggestions or guidance.
They highlight of the trip was taking the shuttle (not really a shuttle but a chauffeured Escalade) courtesy of the hotel to the Trump International property for beach access-great amenity.
Also used the driving range which is included in the resort fee - great staff and very helpful.
So overall not terrible but not what one would expect from a Trump property.
Would not return unless the property has major renovations done.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Trump paid alot of money for the aging property. I'm told some rooms are renovated; I would have been grateful for a room where you could actually control the AC. Other people in my group had the same issue. Service at this hotel is very hit/miss. If your trying to reach the front desk during the night, good luck. I had one decent lunch and one terrible lunch at Champions. The breakfast buffet is terribly over-priced. Last item, the spa charges like the Greenbrier but the services are comparable to what you would expect from a place with an inexperienced staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room and make sure AC / thermostat work properly before you un-pack.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Franklin Lakes NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I spent three days at the Doral and it needs a major upgrade which I know is in the works. The rooms are about as bad as my Hoboken apartment was back in the late 80's. The pool chairs are old and the entire property looks tired. Employees were nice and helpful. No Tennis on site and the gym was below average for a property that size. I will return once Mr. Trump invests and upgrades the property.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Doral is an amazing property but clearly falls short of the Trump quality. I stayed in the Trump Soho and in Chicago. Both are amazing hotels with super rooms. The rooms in the Doral are really the opposite. They need desperately a serious overhull. Also the whole place lacks freshness and the little something special. The swimmingpool area is a desaster... They have so much greens and here everything is concrete.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at the Doral Golf Resort and Spa while attending a recent conference. The hotel's physical plant may have been good in the past but it is showing its age and is in immediate need of renovation. There are signs on the property that ownership has passed to Donald Trump's organization but no indications of improvements. My room was a bit threadbare. Most annoying was the noise level of the air conditioning unit that forced me to turn it off at night in order to sleep. I would not return until these problems with the facilities are upgraded.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will be personally addressing the issue you had in your room with our Engineering staff . The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!