“Hotel past its better days” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Signature Golf Package
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Hotel past its better days”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

On driving in to the property, this looks like its going to be a first-class resort but upon further inspection, it falls far short of the mark. The rooms are tired and dated, the beds uncomfortable and the decor was somewhat hard to describe. Pieces of furniture in the room seemed haphazardly place and didn't really match. The room was musty and the air conditioning did not work particularly well. I also found some previous guest's Coco Puffs on the floor under the desk (at least I hoped they were Coco Puffs.) I assume the big draw here were the golf courses which, being here on business, I didn't get a chance to play but they looked nice. The pool was nice and the service attentive for towels, etc. We also used the shuttle service which takes you to another Trump property in Miami Beach where guests can use the pool and beach amenities. We had a really nice driver shuttle us in a brand new Escalade but the beach and the pool area were just ok. We went to the Champions restaurant for a meal and drinks which were good but overly expensive and the service there was slow. Supposedly, this resort just underwent some renovation (and is due for more) but it was not apparent from our visit. I'm glad the conference is picking a new venue for next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing us an insight on your experience with us. I am extremely disappointed to hear of the cleanliness issues you experienced with our housekeeping department. It is extremely important to us to have our guests experience a high level of service and will share your feedback with the team to bring heightened awareness to what you experienced. I am glad you were able to have use of our beach shuttle service and found it to be an amenity that you were able to take advantage of. We are in the process of our transformation and I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to enjoy the renovations. Should you wish to discuss your experience personally, please contact me directly.

979 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Most of the reviews about add-on fees are correct, so don't be surprised. The hotel is fine, and what you would expect of a resort w a trump signature. Take that how you like. However, my experience was a mixture of short-attitude, plain snobby, and a few lovely individuals (some sincere). The woman working at the Pritikin medical dept desk upstairs in the spa on Feb 13th was absolutely the worst. NOT helpful, and downright rude to a number of people, including myself, as I sat to wait for a scheduled massage. I am sure there are some great humans in this establishment, but I don't need to be nickel and dimed somewhere and THEN expect an attitude. I won't be back.

• Stayed February 2013
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing us insight on your experience with us. We are addressing the service challenges you experienced with the Pritikin medical department desk. It was extremely disheartening to hear of your unfortunate experience and should you wish to discuss your experience, please feel free to contact me directly .

Bethany, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This storied resort is showing it age. Tired decor and architecture are the Miami of "then".
Recently purchased byTrump this property is already undergoing some cosmetic surgery. Landscaping crews keep the tropical flora neatly in check. My room was large and clean but had some basic mechanical flaws.
Staff was professional and generally cordial but had a laid back attitude about making things happen..

Room Tip: Study the resort map and select a lodge close to what resort features you will want to use.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This property was purchased by Donald Trump March 2012 and is home to the PGA tournament previously known as the Doral Open. It is now called the Cadilac Championship. I did not have a very good experience from the moment I pulled up to the resort. I had come solo from Minneapolis to excape the cold for a couple days and secured the resort through a blind price purchase on Orbitz. Upon arriving at the resort, I proceeded to exit my vehicle to check in and was immediately approached by the young valet who wanted to park my car. Since going direct to my room after securing my key I declined his offer He told me the price for over night parking was the same if he valed it or if I self parked - $24.00 per night. Wow, i thought, I didn't reaize I had to pay to park. Wish Orbitz had made a note of that. Proceeded to the front desk where in the course of the banter I am told self park is $12.00 per night. Hmm, basically lied to by the first person I have contact with. So after getting my key and running my errand I proceed to attempt to self park. I find the lot after much effort and I see I need to push a button to get a ticket. The lot is dark - very dark with little if any lighting. I find my room and then realize I need to run to the store. I head back to my car and try to find how to get out of the lot. Its so dark, there are no signs and I can't find where to exit. Finally I find the gate in the darkness and pull up to the arm. I find my ticket and am reading the instructions and it wants my credit card. Really? I am already being charged 12 per night. I can't get out. I exit my car and find two women packing up their belongins. I poltitely ask them how in the ******I get out of this lot. They inform me I need to wave my room key card in front of the grey panel. I do and the gate miraculously rises. Do you think someone along the way would have explained this to me? This is fairly imprtant information for a guest to possess. My first night in the room is a sleepless waste of time. Every ten minutes there is a loud rumbling in the ceiling that makes me wonder if the roof is going to fall in.

I am not a complainer - can't ever remeber writing a review like this. Here are some other things to know. You are charged a 20 resort fee per night. This covers luxury, unique items like a newspaper and and the internet. Oh yes, and in room coffee and tea. In fairness it also covers unlimited use of the driving range, a daily shuttle to a beach and the fitness center and free local calls for all those who don't have a cell phone, who ever you are. So the bottom line is be prepared to add 32 dollars a night or 44 if you use the valet - plus tip.

There are no refrigerators, no microwaves in the rooms. Everything is built to drive money to the resort. The property is unlike I have visited, and I travel a lot. If your a young family or anyone on a budget run the other way - fast. Heck, even if your not on a budget and just inherited the family jewels I would find other properties. Who do i think this resort fits? Those who want to experience first class PGA golf and play the Blue Monster just as Tiger, Mickelson, and Luke Donald (the 2012 winner) have. There are many other terrific options in the Miami area.

Room Tip: Noted terrible braekfast because I am used to many nice hotels these days having a fine little compl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

We understand how frustrated you must have been in our parking lot and we apologize for the unfortunate experience this caused you. We are in the process of enhancing the parking lots to ensure that there is clear signage with proper lighting to ensure the safety and security of our guests. We have also taken measures to ensure that our staff are properly trained and well informed of all fees at the resort.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort, to allow you to see that we have a product that will provide you and our guests the best experience. Should you wish to discuss your experience personally, please contact me directly.

Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great place to golf and be able to get to South Beach (30 mts drive) for dinner and fun. There are good restaurants right near the resort. We ate at a very good Argentinian restaurant (Olivos) within a 5 minute drive of the resort. The golf courses and the service, both at the course and throughout the resort was fine. The hotel looks a little tired and could use updating although the rooms and the amenities were just fine. The Doral Resort has a fantastic spa and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and I agree with you that our Spa Services are fantastic. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

York, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I loved this Hotel. It is a First Class property now, but Trump just purchased it and will be implementing a $250K renovation, so in about 18 months it will be absolutely fantastic. This is not a destination JUST FOR GOLF! This is a great romantic get away with two or three wonderful restaurants and a GREAT Bar! It is only 10 minutes from the Miami Airport and maybe 20 to 30 minutes to South Beach. If you like Golf, there are three Championship courses to chose from. If you stay there, ask for Lodge Four....it has the best view.

Room Tip: Ask for Lodge Four. It has a great view and is the closest to the Club House.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the resort. I agree with you that we have wonderful restaurants. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Wexford PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

A golf oasis that offers serenity so you can leave the cares of the world behind for a while. It is convenient to Miami airport. The staff is cordial and accommodating. Mr Trump has another property on the beach about a 25 minute drive to the East, and he offers a shuttle over to enjoy it! I wish they'd put a coffee bar in th main reception area , so early rising guests may mingle or relax, read a paper and wake up if a family member might still be asleep in the room. The atmosphere they've created is very inviting. Looks like they will have more renovations within the next year or so.

Room Tip: Overlooking golf course, get a patio room if possible
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our service was excellent. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
Free Parking, P...
InterContinental Miami
Restaurant, Poo...
Downtown
JW Marriott Marquis Miami

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!