“Big hotel, big prices.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Big hotel, big prices.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Hi. Checked in and it's $12 to park, $13 to access wi-fi. Nice room but bar n restaurant again both pricey! It seems a shame to charge all the xtras when the room rate without breakfast is $200. Lovely grounds and service good , good local shopping mall and regular restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Don't stay here! You wait an hour to check in....even at 1:00am! We had to take chairs from the bar to sit on while we waited to check in after a long flight! Staff isn't even apologetic....! Don't do it!

Stayed December 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing Doral Golf Resort & Spa. I appreciate you taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations and I will be personally addressing this issue with our the Front Desk Staff.. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I just recently spent Christmas with my family at this property. It was a very nice property with an impressive golf course and spa. The service was excellent. My only complaint was that the Christmas decorations were very substandard for a hotel of this quality. The Christmas trees looked like they belonged at Walmart. Hopefully, they will do better next year as I understand they are in the process of remodeling.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.I appreciate your feedback regarding the Christmas Decorations and I will keep in mind for next year. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our service was excellent. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Its a real pleasure to have both natural beauty and man made excellence. Thats this hotel. The location the beautiful grounds the majestic spa. If you golf its one for the bucket list for those who value and respect their body the wellness center and spa is a enlightenment. Since the hotels remodel and the Brazian flare added it has more life flair but kept the traditional high standard with its cuisine and service.
Have had the pleasure of visiting this hotel many times in the p
ast 12 years. Now its a TRUMP PROPERTY I am looking forward to some more reasons to continue to go.

• Stayed October 2012
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one and that our service was exceptional. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I used this hotel for a business trip. While the resort needs some updating, I really enjoyed staying here, especially since I received a great corporate rate of $126/night. Here are my thoughts:

Room: While my reservation was for a standard room, I was given a larger studio suite, which was a nice surprise. The bed was newer and comfortable. The rest of the furniture needed some updating, as did the shutters. Though, the property is undergoing a renovation, so this should be fixed soon.

Food: There are plenty of places to eat on site, and the food is pretty good. Also, there are plenty of restaurants nearby, and there is also a Publix less about a mile away.

Parking: I decided to self park, but my room key did not work whenever I exited even when the front would re-set my key, so I had to just pay each time I departed. There is no signage when exiting the lot, so we found ourselves driving onto the golf course the first day. I assume the parking lot will be updated when renovations take place.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at Doral Golf Resort & Spa and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I agree that we have really comfortable beds and that our food is good. I am sorry to hear about the issue you had with parking, I will be personally addressing this issue with our Security staff. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

George M.Sotelo
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel is going through a transition since Donald Trump bought it. There are signs every here and there with the Donald and quotes about how amazing it's going to be. I'd like to come back when it's finished.

For now, as it stands, Doral is an OK place with loads of potential and a few insurmountable setbacks. It definitely feels like it's stuck in a time warp through most of the resort -- the restaurants being the only real exception. When we checked in we were first directed to a room in Lodge 10. I felt like we were in a creepy nursing home and I didn't like our lack of view. We asked to move to a better location and were happy to be placed in Lodge 4. The room was updated and the location was more central, and we had actual views of the Blue Monster.

We were never disappointed with the food or drinks at any of the restaurants. Service was very very good and we quickly realized that Donald Trump was in town so perhaps that's the reason for the obviously good service. A couple days in and we actually saw Mr. Trump out by the driving range and then by the starter at the golf courses. He was directing people on where the starter clock should go and was really invovled in some of the fine details.

The spa is very nice but I definitely felt like I was in a time warp when I first entered the spa building. Service in the ladies locker room was so good and the amenities were very nice. the services were OK -- I had a scrub and a massage which were nice but I've definitely had better. The shower in the room where I had the scrub had black mold in it so that was off-putting.

The main pool was nice but there was slimy green stuff growing in the hot tub. There was also some green stuff growing in the big pool by the spa and there were lots of bees flying around.

The big cons about this place that I don't think Mr. Trump will be able to fix have to do with location. This place is right near the Miami airport so we constantly had huge planes flying overhead. This was expecially annoying on the golf course. Also, it's a good 20+ minute drive to the fun in South Beach. it took us over an hour to get to South Beach because we left during rush hour, but onlyt ook about 20 minutes to get back to the hotel after dinner.

Room Tip: Ask to go in a lodge close to the main building.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to having you back very soon to experience our renovated product and enhanced level of services.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My son and I stayed at the Doral while attending the Pritikin Longevity Center program in November 2012. My son's bed was infested with bed bugs. Each morning he would wake up with a series of bad bites. He had rashes all over his arms. He was tossing and turning in his sleep all night from the bites.

They fit the description of the images online of bed bug rashes. My son actually saw the bugs crawling around his bed. How gross!

We had to wash all of our clothing before coming home as we did not want to bring the little critters back to our beds in Boston! I also bought him a new piece of luggage from Target and threw out the old one.

I told the management about it. I hope that they rectify the situation. We stayed in room 226. I would stay away from that room!

Room Tip: Stay away from room 226!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for the uncomfortable experience your son encountered during his stay. The concern you had regarding your room suspecting bed bugs was extremely concerning to us! We took immediate action after notifying us at your departure, by contacting a a professional company specializing in this area of concern to thoroughly conduct an inspection of your room and provide a thorough report of their findings. This report of the room you stayed in was found to have absolutely no bed bug activity in any aspect of the room. Bedding, furniture, wall coverings and carpet were all closely checked by a team of certified professionals, who assured us this room as well as the rooms next to, below and above, which were also inspected, had negative findings. If you would like to discuss these reports, please contact either Tom Powers, Director of Security or even myself as I want to personally ensure your satisfaction.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort, to allow you to see that we have a clean and safe and fun environment to provide our guests the best experience.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!