1) The original (and only) confirmation e-mail they sent me was wrong. I contacted them a second time to confirm our stay for the days we wanted and get a correct e-mail. Never got a second e-mail. I contacted them a third time to get that e-mail and the woman started telling me about the tee times I arranged previously, and they had that wrong. I had never set up a tee time for Thurs. and the hotel had us golfing on Thurs. and had us checking out on Thurs. and we were actually staying through Sunday. The pro shop had all the right information but the front staff did not. I asked for another e-mail confirmation for the correct information and never got one. When we arrived, the folder they gave us still had all the wrong information. They had booked us under two reservations: One for the Blue Monster package and another under another package. So, we ended up checking out on Thursday and then checking back in on that same day. On Thursday, staff knocked on our door checking to see when we would be checking out that day.They were very nice and said that It was ok that we weren't really checking out that day. If this sounds confusing, IT WAS... No communication!
2) On Monday we were to golf. Prior to this my husband had talked with a staff member and the staff assured us they would get our clubs from our room and they would be there for our tee time. We arrived for tee time and no clubs. We were late for our round cause we had to go get our clubs from the room. No follow through!
3) One of the first days we were headed down for golf and the sliding glass door would not open. We were in Lodge 9 on the 2nd floor. Several times during our stay the elevators just were not working. On Sunday, the day we were leaving at 5am, Elevators NOT WORKING. We had our golf clubs and four others bags. My husband carried all the luggage down the stairs for departure. Hotel not being Maintained!
4) We had a garden view room with Balcony. When we arrived we were taken to our room. Turns out the balcony isn't really a balcony. It's a window that opens with bars across. Can't step out to anything. The garden view was much like a well maintained parking lot. The road through the resort was right out there too so a bit noisy. Even at night, I could here vehicles doing things around that area. No real private or beautiful!
5) Food staff was very friendly and good food. Expensive but its' a golf resort. I would expect that. Good food staff!
6) Golf courses were a lot of fun to play. Some construction on the Red course. Besides not being able to keep the ball in the fairway, we loved golf and the courses. Courses good!
7) The pool area was big. Needs updates!
8) Probably not the fault of the hotel or staff but our last night here we were awoken with a pulled fire alarm. Security was there in short order. False alarm!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a tranquil Florida spa and golf resort designed to offer peaceful rest and relaxation in a tropical atmosphere. Situated on 650 lush acres, the world-renowned Trump National Doral Miami provides guests with premier Miami resort amenities and golf course views. A NEW ADDITION. Trump Hotel CollectionTM has recently added Miami's iconic Doral Resort to its portfolio with plans for a spectacular multimillion-dollar redesign to restore Trump Doral to its former grandeur. Trump Doral boasts 693 guestrooms across 10 lodges; world-class golf courses including the Blue Monster; 100,000-sq.-ft. of meeting space including a 24,000-sq.-ft. ballroom; a sprawling 48,000-sq.-ft. spa with 33 treatment rooms; highly regarded golf school and teaching facilities; retail boutiques and a private members' clubhouse. "When completed, Doral will be the finest resort and golf club in the country." Donald J. Trump, Trump Organization chairman and president.The comprehensive redesign of the entire resort begun in 2013, occurring in phases, and is slated to conclude in late 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Trump National Doral Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doral Golf Resort And Spa, a Marriott Hotel Doral
- Marriott Doral
- Doral Golf Resort Spa