1) The original (and only) confirmation e-mail they sent me was wrong. I contacted them a second time to confirm our stay for the days we wanted and get a correct e-mail. Never got a second e-mail. I contacted them a third time to get that e-mail and the woman started telling me about the tee times I arranged previously, and they had that wrong. I had never set up a tee time for Thurs. and the hotel had us golfing on Thurs. and had us checking out on Thurs. and we were actually staying through Sunday. The pro shop had all the right information but the front staff did not. I asked for another e-mail confirmation for the correct information and never got one. When we arrived, the folder they gave us still had all the wrong information. They had booked us under two reservations: One for the Blue Monster package and another under another package. So, we ended up checking out on Thursday and then checking back in on that same day. On Thursday, staff knocked on our door checking to see when we would be checking out that day.They were very nice and said that It was ok that we weren't really checking out that day. If this sounds confusing, IT WAS... No communication!
2) On Monday we were to golf. Prior to this my husband had talked with a staff member and the staff assured us they would get our clubs from our room and they would be there for our tee time. We arrived for tee time and no clubs. We were late for our round cause we had to go get our clubs from the room. No follow through!
3) One of the first days we were headed down for golf and the sliding glass door would not open. We were in Lodge 9 on the 2nd floor. Several times during our stay the elevators just were not working. On Sunday, the day we were leaving at 5am, Elevators NOT WORKING. We had our golf clubs and four others bags. My husband carried all the luggage down the stairs for departure. Hotel not being Maintained!
4) We had a garden view room with Balcony. When we arrived we were taken to our room. Turns out the balcony isn't really a balcony. It's a window that opens with bars across. Can't step out to anything. The garden view was much like a well maintained parking lot. The road through the resort was right out there too so a bit noisy. Even at night, I could here vehicles doing things around that area. No real private or beautiful!
5) Food staff was very friendly and good food. Expensive but its' a golf resort. I would expect that. Good food staff!
6) Golf courses were a lot of fun to play. Some construction on the Red course. Besides not being able to keep the ball in the fairway, we loved golf and the courses. Courses good!
7) The pool area was big. Needs updates!
8) Probably not the fault of the hotel or staff but our last night here we were awoken with a pulled fire alarm. Security was there in short order. False alarm!
- Also Known As:
- Doral Golf Resort And Spa, a Marriott Hotel Doral
- Doral Golf Resort And Spa, a Marriott Hotel
- Marriott Doral
- Doral Golf Resort Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An expansive resort in sunny South Florida, built around the legacy of golf. Enjoy gourmet dining in the new Mesazul Steakhouse or simply relax at the Bossa Nova Lounge. Make it an extended stay in our fabulous accommodations, explore our retail shops and discover all there is to love at Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami, a Trump managed resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Trump National Doral reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.