“Tired and not well managed” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Signature Golf Package
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
Vacaville, California
“Tired and not well managed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Th Doral was a decent hotel years ago. I attended a recent conference here and the conference facilities were ok. Linens were nice, bed was comfortable, and the rooms were clean and a good size. The elevator was loud through the night and the air conditioning fan was loud, too. Personnel were nice but didn't seem to be qualified or well managed. Of the many meals I had here (only because it cost too much and took too much time to get to anywhere else for a nice meal) rarely did the food appear as it was ordered. At the pool it took more than 50 minutes for my salad to arrive and when it did it was not what I ordered. The room service meal - the quesadilla was greasy and the sour cream, pico de gallo, and the guacamole were frozen solid! The pools are pretty but they had really bad, loud DJ music going at the only warm pool. The other pool was too cold to swim. Overall the grounds were attractive but there were sections where the color spots were dried up and dead. Maybe the golf course is decent, but I don't golf. Poor value for what it costs.

Stayed November 2012
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at Doral Golf Resort & Spa and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I agree that we have really comfortable beds and that our rooms are a good size. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal and I will be personally addressing this issue with our Food & Beverage staff. I will address the comment regarding the pool music with our respective team leaders. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

George Mr. Sotelo

980 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

had a one night and morning here and for that it was great. pool area are big and fun and starbucks downstairs was great. this hotel is a $40 taxi to south beach so a quiet if not boring surrounding area but if golf is your thing then the course looked excellent

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us. I am happy to hear that your stay at the resort was a pleasant one. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Resort is in need of some updating, but is moderately priced for Miami. The linens and bedding seemed fresh and recently updated. The service was typical for a large 4 star hotel (just average). The Spa is impressive. The pool by the Spa is better than the large pool. I was there for meetings, the facilities and food / service was adequate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
George S, Front Office Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing Doral Golf Resort& Spa. I thank you for providing a wonderful feedback about our Spa. We are always trying to exceed the needs of our guest and I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with our linens and bedding. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon and showcasing our elevated product.

Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Doral Golf Resort and Spa was waay less than satisfactory and not even close to good. Hopefully Mr. Trump will be able to pull off the complete renovation of this tired, old not well kept property. I will say the staff is trying to put on a professional front and did go out of their way to accommodate the guests. Not know what to expect upon arrival (after noon) we were told our room would not be available until 4pm. OK understood the property was at capacity. But hold on - charges for everything! Internet, bottled water in the room, air to breath! (ok, ok the air was free). Tired, old, lack of maintained facilities just begins to describe the experience. Food and drinks - world class pricing for much lower quality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Check-in time is at 4 pm however, I am sorry to hear that our hotel was not up to your satisfaction. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I hope you’ll reconsider a return trip to Doral Golf Resort & Spa in the future and experience our renovated resort and enhanced level of services.

Zanesville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I were at this hotel for business meetings. The property is very nice but you can tell that it is in need of a major facelift. Our room was not ready when we arrived so we sat in our traveling clothes until 4 pm. The rain shower was tilted at an angle and so close to the wall that you could not get under it. The iron in our room had a cracked base so it leaked water everywhere. On the second day of our visit, housekeeping left us with only 2 bath towels and 1 washcloth. Understanding this hotel is going to be getting some work done, but at least it could be kept clean. Our room was dusty and bathroom counters were stained. Cigarette butts were along the walkways on the property. You are charged for everything, (ie: parking at $24.00/day , buffet at $24.00/ per person, bottle water in room was at $5.00/ per bottle) and I could go on. The dinner we had the last night was not great at all. I can make a better steak at home. If I did not have to be here for meetings, I would not and will not stay at this property again, I can spend less money at another hotel and have a much better experience.

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at Doral Golf Resort & Spa and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations and I will be personally addressing these issues with the respective team leader. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal and I will be personally addressing this issue with our Food & Beverage staff. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights for a conference and it was great! Friendly people, helpful and responsive, great time! Took advantage of the golf services, mini bar, restaurants, room service and shops - I am just an ordinary girl and I felt like a princess during our stay. It's not cheap - but it was an experience I will never forget!!

Room Tip: Lodge 5 was great!
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the resort and our staff was very friendly. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.
I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Alexandria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My son and I went there for 4 days. We stayed in a 2 bedroom Spa Suite. Th showers spew scalding hot water then cold. The showers heads slide down. The house cleaning service removes towels and soap with no replacement . You can't get a taxi without waiting 30 minutes. They can't find your golf bag or get you a taxi so you miss your flight.

The golf wasn't much better. They lost my reservation for Saturday and the McLean course is a tired soggy wet dog track I would want to pay 30 for. The White course was much better. The only good thing is they found me a tee time for the one they lost at Turnberry Isle which makes the Doral look like a Motel 6.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at Doral Golf Resort & Spa and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations and I will be personally addressing this concern with the respective team leaders. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

George M.Sotelo
Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!