“Nice resort for a conference.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Signature Golf Package
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Doral
United States
“Nice resort for a conference.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Resort is in need of some updating, but is moderately priced for Miami. The linens and bedding seemed fresh and recently updated. The service was typical for a large 4 star hotel (just average). The Spa is impressive. The pool by the Spa is better than the large pool. I was there for meetings, the facilities and food / service was adequate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
George S, Front Office Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing Doral Golf Resort& Spa. I thank you for providing a wonderful feedback about our Spa. We are always trying to exceed the needs of our guest and I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with our linens and bedding. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon and showcasing our elevated product.

957 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Doral Golf Resort and Spa was waay less than satisfactory and not even close to good. Hopefully Mr. Trump will be able to pull off the complete renovation of this tired, old not well kept property. I will say the staff is trying to put on a professional front and did go out of their way to accommodate the guests. Not know what to expect upon arrival (after noon) we were told our room would not be available until 4pm. OK understood the property was at capacity. But hold on - charges for everything! Internet, bottled water in the room, air to breath! (ok, ok the air was free). Tired, old, lack of maintained facilities just begins to describe the experience. Food and drinks - world class pricing for much lower quality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Check-in time is at 4 pm however, I am sorry to hear that our hotel was not up to your satisfaction. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I hope you’ll reconsider a return trip to Doral Golf Resort & Spa in the future and experience our renovated resort and enhanced level of services.

Zanesville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I were at this hotel for business meetings. The property is very nice but you can tell that it is in need of a major facelift. Our room was not ready when we arrived so we sat in our traveling clothes until 4 pm. The rain shower was tilted at an angle and so close to the wall that you could not get under it. The iron in our room had a cracked base so it leaked water everywhere. On the second day of our visit, housekeeping left us with only 2 bath towels and 1 washcloth. Understanding this hotel is going to be getting some work done, but at least it could be kept clean. Our room was dusty and bathroom counters were stained. Cigarette butts were along the walkways on the property. You are charged for everything, (ie: parking at $24.00/day , buffet at $24.00/ per person, bottle water in room was at $5.00/ per bottle) and I could go on. The dinner we had the last night was not great at all. I can make a better steak at home. If I did not have to be here for meetings, I would not and will not stay at this property again, I can spend less money at another hotel and have a much better experience.

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at Doral Golf Resort & Spa and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations and I will be personally addressing these issues with the respective team leader. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal and I will be personally addressing this issue with our Food & Beverage staff. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort soon.

Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights for a conference and it was great! Friendly people, helpful and responsive, great time! Took advantage of the golf services, mini bar, restaurants, room service and shops - I am just an ordinary girl and I felt like a princess during our stay. It's not cheap - but it was an experience I will never forget!!

Room Tip: Lodge 5 was great!
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the resort and our staff was very friendly. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.
I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Alexandria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My son and I went there for 4 days. We stayed in a 2 bedroom Spa Suite. Th showers spew scalding hot water then cold. The showers heads slide down. The house cleaning service removes towels and soap with no replacement . You can't get a taxi without waiting 30 minutes. They can't find your golf bag or get you a taxi so you miss your flight.

The golf wasn't much better. They lost my reservation for Saturday and the McLean course is a tired soggy wet dog track I would want to pay 30 for. The White course was much better. The only good thing is they found me a tee time for the one they lost at Turnberry Isle which makes the Doral look like a Motel 6.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at Doral Golf Resort & Spa and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that our service levels did not meet your expectations and I will be personally addressing this concern with the respective team leaders. The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I hope to regain your confidence and welcome you back to Doral Resort soon.

George M.Sotelo
Albuquerque, NM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Staying at this resort for a 9-day event (actually 2 events running back-to-back), I found there to be no bell service for my 2am arrival, although the bellmen watched me struggle, drop, and have difficulty with my large bag. I found the rate quoted for either of the two events was not honored by the resort; instead being charged a much-higher rate than either of the block event rates. Apparently if I would have checked out, left my bag with the lazy bellmen, then checked back into the same room later that same day, I would have qualified for the block rates. Given my difficulty getting to my room with no assistance, it may be worth the $700 overcharge. Rooms were old and dated (albeit clean) and my bed pillows swapped mid-week to a less-comforable pair for no particular reason

Then the tragedy of the week, my phone fell out of my bag during the conference, "lost", and no staff member seemed to have a clue, offer any assistance, or know what to do to assist me. I guess the $160 in long distance charges to my room meant they were making money on the deal, so why assist?

While my phone never got back to me, once I got through on the room phone to T-Mobile a day later, someone found it, having made over $900 worth of calls to Cuba in just one afternoon. I can't say for sure this was dishonest staff, but the millionaires at my event didn't seem the type to steal a cell phone and call Cuba excessively.

Let's see, what else - Restaurant staff was rude, business computers block so many sites I couldn't use them for anything I needed, my Spa massage was poor, there was continuous noise from ground maintenance 9 out of 10 days on the property, and stay away from the pool if you are hungry or thirsty, since no pool service offered for food or beverage in over 2 hours of hopeful leisure at that location.

This resort has A LOT TO LEARN about guest service and I would advise anyone reading this to find a Super 8 near the golf course - At least you'd get what you paid for.

Room Tip: Pick a room at another resort
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at Doral Golf Resort & Spa and for taking the time to post a detailed review. I am sorry to hear about your experience and I will be personally addressing these issues with our respective team leaders to ensure this matter is attended to and corrected. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.
All aspects of our resort will soon be renovated and refreshed as we strive to deliver an unrivaled luxury experience under the management of the prestigious Trump Hotel Collections.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and regaining your confidence.

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I spent five-days here for work and was impressed with the amenities offered. Plenty of golf, spa and the gym is on par with any commercial health club. This is a huge property and perfect for meetings and conferences. The bar was a great place to meet at night. I would be disappointed if this were a vacation I paid for since there are numerous high-end options around Miami that are more more up-to-date.

I had a nice size suite in Lodge 8. The lobby seemed new, but my room had red carpet stains and smelled musty. I also felt the toiletries were more in line with a value chain as many Hilton's or Marriotts have better quality shower items.

In total, nice place to get stuck for work. If you're booking leisure travel, look elsewhere until Trump spends the $200M he's advertising to spend on renovations.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
George S, General Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the resort .The Trump Hotel Collection™ acquired Doral Golf Resort & Spa Miami earlier in June and is investing over $200M to transform our legendary resort. Trump Hotel Collection delivers an unrivaled luxury experience with expansive rooms, lavish spa and fitness facilities, and flawless service. In the months to come, every aspect of Doral will be transformed, from a fresh, new design vision throughout our guest rooms and public spaces to vastly upgraded recreational facilities and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Managing Director

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!