We stayed 4 nights between Xmas and NewYrs to play golf. Brief thoughts:
1) Weather was perfect. Low 80s and sunny every day. Great escape from winter in Virginia.
2) Golf was hit and miss. Blue course is terrific. I thought the Red was nice too, and easier. We didnt play the white, but I suspect it is excellent as well. The Gold plays along the perimeter of the property and lots of holes right along busy roads. Not really peaceful. The Silver is off the property and totally packed with ugly houses on many holes. The layout is not so good either. I would not play it again.
3) Rooms were very average at best. We stayed in Villas. Old motel type design with the door between rooms. Could hear the neighbors conversations at all hours. Bathroom had upgraded counter tops but just a plain motel design otherwise. A little patio with cheap plastic furniture and no privacy. Would never use it.
4) Food was OK. Average resort style. OK breakfast buffet. Grill had grill food...some good some average. Service at the Grill was freindly but sometimes slow. The formal restaurant (Windows on the Green?) had very good service and high quality food. All was overpriced but nothing out of the ordinary for golf resorts.
Overall the staff was friendly. The resort was loud, and right in the city. It didnt feel like an escape at all. The rooms were disappointing. It worked out as a good short getaway due to the weather and was easy to get to from the airport. Probably ok to do for a couple days if you need some sunshine in the winter...but I doubt I will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a tranquil Florida spa and golf resort designed to offer peaceful rest and relaxation in a tropical atmosphere. Situated on 650 lush acres, the world-renowned Trump National Doral Miami provides guests with premier Miami resort amenities and golf course views. A NEW ADDITION. Trump Hotel CollectionTM has recently added Miami's iconic Doral Resort to its portfolio with plans for a spectacular multimillion-dollar redesign to restore Trump Doral to its former grandeur. Trump Doral boasts 693 guestrooms across 10 lodges; world-class golf courses including the Blue Monster; 100,000-sq.-ft. of meeting space including a 24,000-sq.-ft. ballroom; a sprawling 48,000-sq.-ft. spa with 33 treatment rooms; highly regarded golf school and teaching facilities; retail boutiques and a private members' clubhouse. "When completed, Doral will be the finest resort and golf club in the country." Donald J. Trump, Trump Organization chairman and president.The comprehensive redesign of the entire resort begun in 2013, occurring in phases, and is slated to conclude in late 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Trump National Doral Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doral Golf Resort And Spa, a Marriott Hotel Doral
- Marriott Doral
- Doral Golf Resort Spa