“Total dump and incompetent staff” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Linger Longer
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Oolt
“Total dump and incompetent staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011 via mobile

I was here for 2 nights. Has to make 7, yes 7 trips to the front desk to get the room keys. Room was filthy, BUGS CRAWLING. Parking is a joke unless you pay $25 per night. Place is also a ways away from anything in town.

• Stayed November 2011
MIADL, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
I am very sorry to read about your disappointing stay at the Doral Golf Resort & Spa. We appreciate you informing us of the issues you encountered. Please contact me directly at 305-392-4928 so we can speak personally to resolve these issues. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011 via mobile

Very nice hotel, good service-no free Internet like cheaper hotels give, pay for parking like a lot of Miami, and nice pools--there is a free whirlpool but the pool closes at 8 and completely out of towels an hour before that time (at the pool). Seems early for a pool in FL to close, although this is more golf resort than anything--there weren't many people at the pool at that hour. (they also apparently charge for a whirlpool in the locker room) I was there for a conference--if I were a golfer I'm sure I would have liked it more.

• Stayed November 2011
Dear Recent Guest:

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay. We very much appreciate the feedback you have provided us and have taken your comments very seriously.

Please accept our apologies for the disappointing pool experience. Our pools normally close at 10:00pm. Depending on the day you were here, the pool may have closed early due to inclement weather conditions. Also, the comment you provided about the lack of towels at the pool has also been noted and has been acted upon to ensure this type of situation does not occur in the future.

Again, thank you for notifying us of your concerns and for also sharing the positive feedback about our service. We will look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back.
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Stay away, stay away, beware, beware, is all I can say. My recent four night stay was a parade of bad service, bad food, inefficient staff, and bungling ridiculousness. It started when I was not given the room type reserved. I was moved twice and forced to haul luggage from one room to another. The first morning, in the breakfast restaurant, the buffet servings were all cold as was the coffee...not warm, cold... I told the server that food not kept at a certain temperature was potentially hazardous....deaf ears.... The saga continued when my room was not cleaned after my first night's stay. I then arranged for a cleaning for the next day at a particular time, but the room was not cleaned. The housekeeping manager promised the room would be cleaned at 10:00 am the next morning; when I went back to check at 11:30, no cleaning. So after three nights, no room housekeeping...What is really bizarre is how little the staff really seems to care.... I guess if you want to play golf and do not care about hospitality, stay at Marriott Doral. If you care, find another resort...it's not like you will have to look too far in Miami.....

Room Tip: ask for a room recently upgraded with new furnture
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
It was a pleasure to speak with you today regarding your stay at the Doral Golf Resort & Spa. We would like to thank you again for your invaluable comments and feedback. We look forward to welcome you back on your return!

Thank you again.
Fremont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I recently stayed at the Marriott Doral for 3 nights for a business conference. As a business hotel it is good. Near to the airport it has facilties for meetings, AV, several restaurants and bars, and a lot of rooms. Some of the buildings are showing their age but the interiors and bedding are all pretty good.

I don't play golf so can't really comment on the courses, but the golf-a-holics that I knew were very positive in their remarks.

I think the spa is the star of the property. The spa is sepoarated from the other buildings on the property and have their own rooms. I stayed in one of the suites for one night and they are very nice. His and hers bathrooms and a large living room with patio. If the spa suites are available, non-spa guests can stay in them for an additional charge.

So as a business hotel very good, just a little old on the outside. As a golf resort, I rely on my friends opinions and they think it was very good. I did not get a spa treatment but stayed in one of the suites and toured the facilities. Without having experienced the staff, it appears to be excellent.

Worth a stay if you get a great rate, enjoy golf, or want a spa treatment.

Room Tip: See if you can get a free upgrade to a suite in the spa.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

My stay at the Marriott Doral was a very brief one, just one night. I was using the hotel as a stopover point for the night en route from my home in Naples, Florida to a resort down in the Keys. I know it is in fact an almost legendary property and felt it was high time I make a quick visit, particularly in light of Donald Trump buying it and major changes I am sure are in store.

My first mistake was in electing to use the self parking @$12.00 per day vs the valet $24.00. Just being there for one niight and having little luggage, the self parking seemed to make sense. Again, big mistake! Talk about a hike from the self park lot to the lobby! Seemed like 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile in the end. Be advised, just pay the $24.00! Both fees are a rip off considering this is not a city location hotel but way out in the Everglades west of the Miami Airport.

Room assigned in building #1 was quite worn but was somewhat expected given other reviews I have read here. Little disappointed that despite a request for a room near the main lobby it was quite a distance but again this was just a one night stay.

Morning after check-in used the gym and must say it is a pretty top notch facility with state of the art cardio as well as machines, free weights, mats, and most anything you would find in your own gym at home. After gym time, headed to their Mirazol for breakfast and enjoyed the buffet albeit a bit expensive @$25.00 and lacking a real selection of berries other than strawberries which at that price it should.

But then here is where this hotel lost me big time. On the way back from breakfast to my room I stopped by the front desk and asked if my 11am checkout time could be extended till 12noon which I figured should be no problem given I am Marriott Silver. Imagine my disbelief when the young man there said he could not extend the checkout without presenting a photo ID ?! What! He said for security! Even though I then presented my room key, even though I offered to provide him every detail of myself.including address and last 4 digits of credit card used night before to check in, the answer from him was NO! I then even offered to call him from my room using the room phone so he could clearly establish I was calling from that room but still the answer was a big NO! Again, my room was in building #1 which was a heck of a hike from the lobby.

I could not beleive what I was hearing! Since graduating college 40 years ago, I have traveled the world extensively and probably spend 60 nights in hotels each calendar year. Never ever was I asked to produce a Photo ID to extend my checkout time!

Bottom line, I made a point to be out of there by 11am and am really soured on the Marriott brand now heretofore thinking pretty well of them.

Worldspan

Room Tip: If you are foolish enough to stay at this property, ask for and double check at check-in you have a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

This is a great place to stay if you are coming to visit Miami for the first time. It's about 15 minutes from Miami Airport.

This place is huge, has a famous Spa and Golf Course. They offer lots of packages so make sure you check their specials on their site before booking.

I had a suite when I stayed with my wife for our honeymoon night before heading to Cancun.
The room was amazing, it had a living room with sofas, flat screen tv, a room with a super comfortable bed. We had two bathrooms, one with a huge jacuzzi and the shower was separate. The decor was very nice, kind of a tropical look to it.

This resort is great, I highly recommend it. They host many big events through the year, make sure you check and ask if there's anything going on because otherwise you will not find a room and if you do it will cost you more. Week after I went there was a huge Golf Tournament and all rooms were booked.

Room Tip: Check for specials in their website. Ask if there's any big events going on at the resort.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and for recommending our resort! It sounds like you had a great time with us as part of your honeymoon vacation. As you mentioned, we are always offering great deals and packages, so hopefully you will have the opportunity to make a return visit in the near future. Congratulations and thanks again!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

The whole Pritikin package is amazing and definitely value for money. The accommodation within the Marriott Resort is excellent and the whole experience is life changing. It is an all inclusive medical programme including exercise, lectures, gym work and life style changes. To be recommended to anyone who has the time and funds and wishes to improve their life and longevity

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your recent Pritikin experience with us. The Pritikin Longevity Center located at The Doral Spa is one of the world's most highly respected, preeminent wellness centers. We hope you make it back soon!

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!