One of the consistencies of the JW Marriott is its service, it is always truely 5-stars all around. I always feel to be treated like a king here.
Upon check-in, despite the low status in Marriott frequent guest program, I was given a large corner room in lodge #6. The room feels more like a mini-suite than a king room and hence also its downside. There were not enough furniture in the room therefore the room feels a bit too empty.
Aside from the king bed and the two nightstands flanking each side, there is also a reading chair with ottoman. A drawer desk that also double as the TV stand. A separate workdesk is available for those who needs to work. There is also a vanity desk next to the bathroom but its location was badly designed as anyone sitting in front of it will block the way to the bathroom.
The bathroom size was great, roomy and bright. Water pressure was decent and the bath amenities quality was high.
The Champion restaurant lunch menu was good with decent price list. There is a Starbucks in the basement but it does not have the usual quality. I attribute this to the untrained Baristas.
Location wise, unless you are here for spas or for golf, it is rather far from the nightlife haunts of Miami. Getting a cab can be long at dinner time as there mayby lots of guests having the same ideas as you do. There are however a paid shuttle service to South Beach for $10/head.
Like other JW Marriott, the Doral Spas and Goft Resort distict itself from other with the service that it provides.
- Also Known As:
- Doral Golf Resort And Spa, a Marriott Hotel Doral
- Doral Golf Resort And Spa, a Marriott Hotel
- Marriott Doral
- Doral Golf Resort Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a tranquil Florida spa and golf resort designed to offer peaceful rest and relaxation in a tropical atmosphere. Situated on 650 lush acres, the world-renowned Trump National Doral Miami provides guests with premier Miami resort amenities and golf course views. A NEW ADDITION. Trump Hotel CollectionTM has recently added Miami's iconic Doral Resort to its portfolio with plans for a spectacular multimillion-dollar redesign to restore Trump Doral to its former grandeur. Trump Doral boasts 693 guestrooms across 10 lodges; world-class golf courses including the Blue Monster; 100,000-sq.-ft. of meeting space including a 24,000-sq.-ft. ballroom; a sprawling 48,000-sq.-ft. spa with 33 treatment rooms; highly regarded golf school and teaching facilities; retail boutiques and a private members' clubhouse. "When completed, Doral will be the finest resort and golf club in the country." Donald J. Trump, Trump Organization chairman and president.The comprehensive redesign of the entire resort begun in 2013, occurring in phases, and is slated to conclude in late 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Trump National Doral Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.