“Friendly service and attention to detail!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Advanced Purchase 20% Off
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Doral
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Friendly service and attention to detail!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

My wife and daughter and I stayed here for my 40th class reunion the weekend of Juky 30-31 and we loved it! Not only is it a beautiful and well-kept property, but the staff is friendly and helpful and attentive to every detail.

It happened that my daughter turned 15 on July 30. When we checked in on the 29th, I happened to mention the event to the Front Desk Manager, Alison Cline. Imagine our suprise and delight when we returned to our room on Saturday afternoon and found a birthday cake and a very nice card for my daughter. This was a very nice and unexpected gesture.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
MIADL, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
We are so glad to hear that you loved the resort and that we were able to help make your daughter's birthday special. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
California City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

It was a nice hotel and golf course, This was a business trip and it was very comfortable. the staff is EXCELLENT, but honestly they guests were quite stuffy, I enjoy a friendly atmoshphere,. if it wasn't for a conferance I had to attend I would not go back due to the stuffiness of other guests, but if you don't like to mingle and keep to yourself its perfect. the pool and spa are amazing, and the grounds are beautifully kept. Also its away from anything. So there is no night life or restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The service at this hotel is just incredible Every employee greets you and if you look like you may have a need or question, they ask, "May I help you?" before you get a chance to ask them! The rooms are very nice (not overwhelmingly fabulous.) Bring comfortable shoes to wear as you will be walking quite a bit to get around the facility because it is so large. But it's worth the walk! You have a choice of kinds of dining spots on site so you can choose "how" you want to eat. The food is not inexpensive, but it is excellent.

Room Tip: If you are coming to attend an event, ask for a room in the lodge closest to where your event is bei...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
MIADL, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thank you for staying with us! We truly appreciate your kind review of our associates and service. We hope to see you again soon.
Carlsbad, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed here on business for two nights. The resort is located near the industrial part of town and its a long drive to South Beach. My room was average in size with outdated furnishings. Clean and basic - not a special resort feel. Self parking was a hassle. The gym was really nice - large with modern equipment. Didn't play, but the golf course seemed to be great condition. I would look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Florence, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This property is truly a gem in the Miami area. Was in Miami for a conference and chose to stay here because my family traveled with me. The property, though off the beaten path, is not as isolated as it may seem at first. There is an excellent pizza place down the road and several other dining options...not an extensive collection, but enough for several nights worth of dining. The property has several options for dining. We experienced the steak house, the breakfast buffet, and the pool snack bar and all were excellent, and for the area, the price was about what I expected. The rooms are huge. We had two adjoining rooms and had plenty of room for a family of 5. The grounds are immaculate. The patios outside the rooms have well-appointed furniture. We had a ground floor room and had a lovely view of the course. Drinks are expensive here, so stopping be a near-by grocery store and stocking up a cooler would be an excellent idea. Overall, our stay was excellent, and I would recommend Doral to anyone who would like to stay away from the beach scene of Miami. We pool area is one of the best pools I have ever seen. The landscaping is beautiful and the pool is HUGE. It is actually three pools in one and includes a great waterslide and waterfall. There are plenty places to play, eat, and lay out in the sun. There are even game tables for more entertainment. The quiet pool looked lovely, but we had our kids with us, so it was not an option for us.

The service was excellent, but we did have a few issues. While an adjoining room request was honored, our travel companions had difficulty getting a room close to us. We waited for quite a while, and we were told a room was ready, and then not ready. Eventually the problem was worked out, but it took us going to the manager. The front desk employees just did not handle the siutation as I would have expected from this caliber of resort. However, the manager handled the problem quickly, professionally,and fairly. We appreciated his prompt attention to the issue.

Overall, this is an excellent resort and we would return.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a ground floor room. Great patio area and views of golf course.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Hammond, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Doral Golf Resort and Spa is very pretty and has the complete Miami vibe but my experience at Doral was not a good one. The staff is very friendly and attentive but the accommodations was not "Marriot" quality.

First off, I go to check-in and was given directions on where the self-park is. No one ask me about bags. Went to self-park and had no idea where I was in relation to the lobby or my lodge. I had to carry my bags around this long curve and ramp. I ended up at the SPA which had a shuttle stop. 20mins went by and no shuttle. Had to call hotel to send shuttle.

Second issue - room and view are nice but seemed unclean. the tub and bathroom sink had mildew stains. I glad I packed disinfectant. Also, the carpet is filthy. I wore white socks after I got in the first evening and they were BLACK by the end of the night. WOW!

Third issue - The power kept going off. I woke up to my room being hot and notice the power out. This happened at least four times between 5am and 1pm.

I went back to my room on the third day of my stay and was welcomed by the biggest bug in existence!! Maintenance caught it and said it was a palmetto bug (in other words it was a freaking COCKROACH!!!!!) and it's harmless. To me this is a deal-breaker and is very unacceptable in the hospitality industry and at a Marriot facility no less!!!!!

I wanted to go home at this point but it was Thursday and I was scheduled to leave on Saturday. I could not enjoy the rest of my stay because of what is waiting for me when I get back or what I may take back with me.

I must say that the Doral Golf Resort needs to live up to their self-titled "quality" reputation. Before coming down, I read the reviews and thought that what others wrote were “one-time” occurrences. From the reviews, I see that everything I experienced has happened in the past at this facility which shows me that little to nothing has been done to correct these issues.

ps-The shuttle/ride service and drivers were exceptional and the terrazzo restaurant was wonderful but pricey.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
MIADL, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are very concerned to hear about the unfortunate issues you experienced with us. Please feel free to reach me at 305-392-4928 so we can discuss your stay and resolve the issues. Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011 via mobile

AWESOME!!! Food, golf, spa, you literally never have to leave this place!

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!