“Excellent Property. A few glitches, but all were addressed.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Advanced Purchase 20% Off
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Florence, Alabama
“Excellent Property. A few glitches, but all were addressed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This property is truly a gem in the Miami area. Was in Miami for a conference and chose to stay here because my family traveled with me. The property, though off the beaten path, is not as isolated as it may seem at first. There is an excellent pizza place down the road and several other dining options...not an extensive collection, but enough for several nights worth of dining. The property has several options for dining. We experienced the steak house, the breakfast buffet, and the pool snack bar and all were excellent, and for the area, the price was about what I expected. The rooms are huge. We had two adjoining rooms and had plenty of room for a family of 5. The grounds are immaculate. The patios outside the rooms have well-appointed furniture. We had a ground floor room and had a lovely view of the course. Drinks are expensive here, so stopping be a near-by grocery store and stocking up a cooler would be an excellent idea. Overall, our stay was excellent, and I would recommend Doral to anyone who would like to stay away from the beach scene of Miami. We pool area is one of the best pools I have ever seen. The landscaping is beautiful and the pool is HUGE. It is actually three pools in one and includes a great waterslide and waterfall. There are plenty places to play, eat, and lay out in the sun. There are even game tables for more entertainment. The quiet pool looked lovely, but we had our kids with us, so it was not an option for us.

The service was excellent, but we did have a few issues. While an adjoining room request was honored, our travel companions had difficulty getting a room close to us. We waited for quite a while, and we were told a room was ready, and then not ready. Eventually the problem was worked out, but it took us going to the manager. The front desk employees just did not handle the siutation as I would have expected from this caliber of resort. However, the manager handled the problem quickly, professionally,and fairly. We appreciated his prompt attention to the issue.

Overall, this is an excellent resort and we would return.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a ground floor room. Great patio area and views of golf course.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Hammond, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Doral Golf Resort and Spa is very pretty and has the complete Miami vibe but my experience at Doral was not a good one. The staff is very friendly and attentive but the accommodations was not "Marriot" quality.

First off, I go to check-in and was given directions on where the self-park is. No one ask me about bags. Went to self-park and had no idea where I was in relation to the lobby or my lodge. I had to carry my bags around this long curve and ramp. I ended up at the SPA which had a shuttle stop. 20mins went by and no shuttle. Had to call hotel to send shuttle.

Second issue - room and view are nice but seemed unclean. the tub and bathroom sink had mildew stains. I glad I packed disinfectant. Also, the carpet is filthy. I wore white socks after I got in the first evening and they were BLACK by the end of the night. WOW!

Third issue - The power kept going off. I woke up to my room being hot and notice the power out. This happened at least four times between 5am and 1pm.

I went back to my room on the third day of my stay and was welcomed by the biggest bug in existence!! Maintenance caught it and said it was a palmetto bug (in other words it was a freaking COCKROACH!!!!!) and it's harmless. To me this is a deal-breaker and is very unacceptable in the hospitality industry and at a Marriot facility no less!!!!!

I wanted to go home at this point but it was Thursday and I was scheduled to leave on Saturday. I could not enjoy the rest of my stay because of what is waiting for me when I get back or what I may take back with me.

I must say that the Doral Golf Resort needs to live up to their self-titled "quality" reputation. Before coming down, I read the reviews and thought that what others wrote were “one-time” occurrences. From the reviews, I see that everything I experienced has happened in the past at this facility which shows me that little to nothing has been done to correct these issues.

ps-The shuttle/ride service and drivers were exceptional and the terrazzo restaurant was wonderful but pricey.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
MIADL, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are very concerned to hear about the unfortunate issues you experienced with us. Please feel free to reach me at 305-392-4928 so we can discuss your stay and resolve the issues. Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011 via mobile

AWESOME!!! Food, golf, spa, you literally never have to leave this place!

• Stayed July 2011
Ft Lauderdale Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

When we checked in we were told they had run out of double beds, Even though my reservation was for two beds, Being a high end Marriott "we Assumed" the roll away they offered was of the newer high quality kind we get at the Hyatt / Courtyard class Hotel.
Well in rolls a Red Roof Inn style we actually laughed when saw it. My roommate after being unable to sleep drove 45 miles home at 12 midnight so he could sleep. When we spoke to the Desk They used the old if you read the small print we do not guarantee if you request a double bed... They said they would find a room room with 2 beds and would call after the room was ready. around 6:00 I called and was told the room was still not clean and they would call when ready. My roommate went to desk at 7:00 and was told they put in computer to have the new room ready on Sunday today was still Saturday and we were checking out on Sunday.
and the 1st room was left un cleaned the whole 1st day...
We found the staff to be of the lowest customer service quality.
often we found Staff standing around in packs of 4 or more chatting and texting..
Oh they did finely offer a $50.00 credit.
Wont stay there again.. oh my ankles are still itchy and i never went out side

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
MIADL, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you for your review and taking the time to provide us with your honest feedback. We are truly disappointed to hear about your stay. The details you have provided have given us an opportunity to improve and will be taken very seriously.

We would like to be able to speak to you directly in order to discuss your stay in further detail and to restore your faith in our Resort. Please feel free to contact me at 305-392-4928. Thank you again for your comments.
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Doral Golf Resort...never again!
No refrigerator in the room asked for one and was told to use the ice bucket! AC was out and reported it to the front desk twice before they sent someone out to repair it at 10:30pm Saturday night. Had to double check the letterhead on the stationary….thought I was at a Motel 6 for a minute! Not very handicap friendly. Overcharged on room service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that we let you down on so many levels. Please feel free to contact me directly at 305-392-4928 so I can speak with you about your stay. We look forward to hearing from you.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

We visited here because my husband was meeting friends for golf, so we brought the kids along and made a mini vacation out of it. Our room was overlooking the driving range end of the golf course and was very spacious. Great large bathroom with a tub and separate glass enclosed shower. The pool area was great, the kids loved the blue monster waterslide and we loved the waterfall hot tub. We had a kids eat free rate that we had gotten on line, which seemed to cause a lot of confusion at the restaurants. I had to call reservations to get our bill straightened out, but they were very nice and helpful and gave us a free late check out for the inconvenience. We would definitely visit here again. TIP: be sure to look for the large Iguana that lives in the waterfall at the Blue Lagoon!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I have to admit, I wasn't sure what to expect of this place after reading many of the reviews but I gave it a try anyway and I'm glad I did! This place was wonderful! The pools were fantastic, my kids wanted to stay and play all day there. The zero entry pool with heated water and waterfalls was great. My older son loved the water slide and I even took a couple of turns and though it was slower than most slides, it was still fun. The staff was very friendly and the bar food though a bit pricey (as expected at any resort) was plentiful and very good. Watch out for the huge lizards, my son was startled more than once but loved seeing these creatures around the tropical pool area. The rooms were cozy, and the balcony was very nice and relaxing. There was a judo tournament while we were there too and though I'm sure most of the resort was filled, it never seemed crowded. There's a lot of places to eat in the surrounding area as well so if you want to save money you certainly have options off the resort. The one negative was parking because there were very few self parking spaces, seems most was reserved for valet and at $12/day I would expect something a bit better, but it was honestly no big deal. The lock on our door went bad one of the days we were there and security was very quick to respond and I felt good that they still required us to show ID to get into the room, I was glad to see they wouldn't just open doors for random people. We were in building 7 and it was very centrally located to the blue lagoon pool and it was a short walk to the driving range, spa, main building or golf course. We did not have an ice machine in that building though which I found to be rather odd, but it was in building 6 right next door. I would highly recommend this resort and my kids are already asking to go back. We did drive to South Beach for one of the days we were there as well, it was a quick 20 minute drive to get there, the location of this resort is quite nice!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
MIADL, Manager at Trump National Doral Miami, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Thanks for visiting us during the 4th of July holiday! We appreciate your wonderful review. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Trump National Doral Miami? Share your experiences!