Stayed here last weekend for a company outing. I had read some of the posted reviews and I was worried. We arrived after midnight and was put in building 7. The room was very small with a tiny bathroom. Mold was visible around the A/C vent in the bathroom and the smell was very strong. Since it was late, I kept my mouth shut. There was no food service available due to the time, We were served a small bowl of snack mix with our beer.
We requested a room change in the morning and were taken by golf cart to building 10 which seemed to be much newer. Our room was over 2x the size of the first room. The ice machine was in the lower level and in the opposite wing from our room. It was a 5 minute walk for us but the ice bucket was well insulated and the ice remained intact through the night. Lunch prices in the bar/grill seemed high. $15 for a tasty mahi sandwich with fries and condiment sized plastic container of cole slaw. Main pool area is odd with a large wading pool where towels are available and a deeper pool connected by patio walkways. I had to walk back to the wading pool to return the "signed out" towel. A nice waterfall feature near the wading pool can be used for a good neck/back massage. Teenagers said the water slide was cool.
The wait staff is very friendly but this wasn't enough to erase the impression of the bad first room. The best thing about the Doral is that it's smoke-free. I'm glad this stay wasn't on my dime.
- Also Known As:
- Doral Golf Resort And Spa, a Marriott Hotel Doral
- Doral Golf Resort And Spa, a Marriott Hotel
- Marriott Doral
- Doral Golf Resort Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a tranquil Florida spa and golf resort designed to offer peaceful rest and relaxation in a tropical atmosphere. Situated on 650 lush acres, the world-renowned Trump National Doral Miami provides guests with premier Miami resort amenities and golf course views. A NEW ADDITION. Trump Hotel CollectionTM has recently added Miami's iconic Doral Resort to its portfolio with plans for a spectacular multimillion-dollar redesign to restore Trump Doral to its former grandeur. Trump Doral boasts 693 guestrooms across 10 lodges; world-class golf courses including the Blue Monster; 100,000-sq.-ft. of meeting space including a 24,000-sq.-ft. ballroom; a sprawling 48,000-sq.-ft. spa with 33 treatment rooms; highly regarded golf school and teaching facilities; retail boutiques and a private members' clubhouse. "When completed, Doral will be the finest resort and golf club in the country." Donald J. Trump, Trump Organization chairman and president.The comprehensive redesign of the entire resort begun in 2013, occurring in phases, and is slated to conclude in late 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Trump National Doral Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.