“Blue Monster eats you up!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Attractions in Doral
Type: Golf Courses, Outdoor Activities
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the Doral Resort's five championship golf courses.
“Blue Monster eats you up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2015

the Blue Monster is a killer! it is beautiful, and it requires exact placement of each shot. It will wear you down, but you will really like the course the pros play.

Highland Park, Illinois
“father son outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2015

Beautiful and challenging course to play with my son. We were paired up with good players and we enjoyed ourselves

Miami, Florida
26 attraction reviews
“PLAY IT!!! Worth the money....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2014

If you have the time and money, you should play this very beautiful signature golf course. It is difficult, beautiful, well maintained and long! Simply go and treat yourself!

Toronto, Canada
306 attraction reviews
“A very tough test - and unbelievably fabulous service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

I didn't stay at the Trump National but rather arrived after lunch with all my bags for an afternoon round of golf before heading off to the airport. I was fearful of what I would be able to do with my bags but this proved to not be an issue at all. As soon as I stepped out of my cab I was very warmly greeted by one of the bellmen who took care of me. He sent my clubs off to the golf clubhouse then escorted me downstairs to the locker room and introduced me to the attendant. I was set up with a locker and quickly changed into my golf clothes - a fabulous start to my afternoon and the locker room is gorgeous with oversized lockers (it held my computer and overnight bags) and all the stuff you need to clean and shower up after a round.

I had a reservation on the White course but was able to change to the Blue Monster even though the 12:00 noon to 2:00pm period was blocked off for members. As this was my first time at Doral I can't compare the course to what existed before the big renovation. However, it is tough with narrow fairways, water on most holes, far too many bunkers for my liking and quick greens. Playing from the white tees (6,300 yards) is enough of a test for most (it has a slope of 139!) so don't try to be a hero and play the blue tees - you won't have any fun.

The pace of play was great - just over four hours but this is likely due to the fewer than normal golfers playing during the member times.

Was it worth the $235 - I would say yes but I've hear the white course is very good too!

If you're an Uber fan feel free to request a cab when leaving the resort - there are plenty in the area.

Visited November 2014
Bogota, Colombia
17 attraction reviews
“Renovated and better than ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

This is one of the great American Golf courses. The course is challenging yet rewarding if you play it smart. Need to be very precise or will end up in a big deep fairway bunker or a lake. Greens are rolling hills with elevation changes,very fast but will receive the ball well. Windy days will make an already challenging course into a very difficult course. Expensive but worth the splurge.

Visited November 2014

Been to Doral Resort - Blue Monster Golf Course? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Doral Resort - Blue Monster Golf Course, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.