“Had a 12 hour connection at MIA, just caught some zzzz's” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Henderson, Nevada
“Had a 12 hour connection at MIA, just caught some zzzz's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here instead of spending 12 hours at MIA. I called once i was through immigration and the shuttle showed up just a few minutes later. This is a regulation Courtyard....nice lobby, snack/cocktail bar, room was very nice and all the staff were pleasant and helpful! I would stay here again when passing through MIA....it's worth the short jaunt to not have to stay at the horrible hotel at the airport at D gates.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We missed a flight so did not want to be here, but empathetic and friendly staff made the visit a surprise delight! From the enthusiastic greeting of the bar/coffee shop crew, to their insistence that if I did not love what they recommended they would replace it, to the concern and caring of the manager, everyone made us feel more than welcome. Great room, too.

Room Tip: The put us on the fourth floor kitty corner from the elevators because we asked for quiet, and we go...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your very kind coments. We are all very happy that you had such a wonderful time. I will be sure to post your comments for all of our associate to review. If anyone in particular comes to mind, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel so I may see that they get special recognition in front of their teammates.

Mike
Grand Cayman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a reservation for this hotel. Upon arriving to the front desk I was notified the reservation had been cancelled due to not having the correct credit card information as they were trying to get a prepayment.
I went back to look into my emails and didn't find this cancellation email. Also, they had my phone number but didn't take the time to call the customer to advise and ask to change the credit card. I didn't want to make a scene as it is Miami and there are plenty of places to sleep.
The only challenge was that I had sent a few packages to the property. All of them have been signed received by the hotel staff (which I showed to the "Manager" Maria Lozano) but they claimed the packages were sent back. I checked in Amazon and while 3 packages are showing as returned the other 2 are still missing. They still show as received by the hotel staff.
Maria was very defensive and showed 0 customer service skills, to the point I can't believe she is a leader.
Apparently the log book they keep for packages doesnt take in consideration tracking numbers, only names...
While I was waiting at the lobby for them to look at the packages the same situation with the reservation cancelled happened to another guest. My advice, call the hotel directly to confirm your reservation and get the name of the person you talked to.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 1 week ago
In reviewing your reservation, your reservation requires one night advanced deposit of room and tax. Unfortunately, your credit card came back as declined so we had to cancel your reservation. Anytime a reservation is cancelled, an automatic response is sent the the email address on file. Please check your junk mail folder to see the cancellation. I understand you have some frustration over some packages that were delivered. We are happy to accept packages on behalf of our guests. In this case, as your reservation was cancelled, we began to return your packages as a return to sender. The hotel does not collect any information on packages that are returned.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is in a great location for shopping and from Marlins Park. Although we didn't use the airport, it's also within close proximity and has a shuttle that takes you to the airport. We were able to check in before lunch and our room was clean, tidy, and updated. The beds were SO comfortable! No problems at all with our room or hotel employees. The only thing I'm disappointed about is no continental breakfast, but otherwise, I recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a good deal near the airport.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive comments. I will be sure to alert our team especially the housekeeping department on the cleanliness of your room comments. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Room was nice and clean. Fitness room is tiny, but has free weights and a treadmill and an elliptical machine. Fitness area was under renovation. Noise was noticeable from the night club nearby, but because they certainly have a should-be-illegal-subwoofer kind of sound. Free parking, easy location. Entrance is a bit tricky. Don't miss the right turn. Great desk service.

Stayed November 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. I will share them with the team. We have just purchased brand new free weights for our fitness center as well as placed an order for a 2nd Lifefitness Treadmill. The noise that you encountered is coming from accross the street from a hall for hire establishment. I am working with their owner as well as the City of Doral on behalf of our guests to eliminate the noise in its entirety. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel was surprisingly comfortable and accommodating. I was initially concerned about the neighborhood it's in, but the hotel is well isolated from its surroundings. The property has recently been renovated and is in good condition, although the bed was only modestly comfortable and a little too hard for my taste. Also lacking is an electric vehicle charger which I always ask about. The staff here worked hard to ensure our satisfaction.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Michael W, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for staying at our location. I will let our staff know of your comments and concerns with our property. We hope to see you in the future.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The last few times I stayed at this property, I found it very dated with carpets stained and old furniture.
During this stay, I saw all carpet was changed and they even replaced the bathroom tile :)
Beds were great and pillows were excellent!
The only downfall was the balcony chairs were real old and the jacuzzi was filled in and there is nothing there now. I'm sure they took it down because they didn't want to pay for the handicap lift that they are forcing all hotels to get.
Other than that, everything went well.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us. Glad that you noticed all the updates that we have been making little by little. I will make sure to let our staff know about your comments. Hope to see you in the future.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral? Share your experiences!