“A nice hotel DIRECTLY in line with landing jet airplanes.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Washington
“A nice hotel DIRECTLY in line with landing jet airplanes.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I spent one night at this hotel, located about six miles from the Miami International Airport (MIA). I waited only fifteen minutes for the airport shuttle. The shuttle driver was a very nice Cuban-American woman with whom I enjoyed speaking in Spanish (my best foreign language). Interestingly, there is a nice Starbucks coffee shop right in the lobby of the hotel.

Because I arrived at about 10:00 am, I had to wait about three hours before my room was ready; a large group was leaving the hotel when I arrived there. (Check-in normally begins at 3:00 pm.)
The front desk receptionist, from Managua, Nicargara, was very professional and sweet.

My room was on the first floor of the hotel, and it was convenient and reasonably quiet. That is, until the huge jets fly absolutely DIRECTLY over the hotel, disrupting one’s rest or sleep or peace of mind. The soaring jets overhead, that are landing at MIA, sound just like they are coming through your bedroom. The planes fly over about every 3-5 minutes...day and night. Ugh! Oh well, I got the room by spending my free Marriott Rewards points (20,000 of them). PLEASE bring your earplugs, patience and sense of humor if you decide to stay at this hotel; you’ll need all three of those elements to survive.

My clean bedroom was furnished with a king-size bed, nice writing desk and adjustable chair, plenty of lamps, and attractive decor. There was a separate sink from the bathroom across from a closet which contained an iron and ironing board. The bathroom itself had a tub/shower combination, commode, and plenty of towels.

Breakfast, included with my freebie stayover, was good and tasty. What more could you ask for? I know from personal experience: better earplugs!

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Michael W, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Cyclopath43, thank you for taking time to mention our hotel on Trip Advisor. As an airport hotel we have the advantage to be near to the Miami International Airport, unfortunately our drawback is that our location is under the flying path of the airport. We are pleased to see that even though your stay due to the noise was not what you were expecting the rest of your stay was a positive experience.
Thank you one more time for your feedback and we look forward to your next trip in the Miami Area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
jacksonville fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at this hotel for the Miami boat show and had a great experience. Of many hotels in the area this is by far the best one. The room was very clean, staff was friendly and lobby area was very comfortable. The only reason I gave this a four not a five is because our room was sold as having a balcony but it did not. Other than that this hotel was perfect, the bistro was a great place to relax at night and the room was brand new. Next time I travel to Miami I will for sure keep this hotel at the top of my list.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is always great to hear such positive responses from our guests. You had mentioned not having a balcony room, as you did state some of our rooms come with balconies yet we do not sell rooms based on having or not having a balcony. I do apologize if that was mis-communicated to you. I have checked our website to ensure that we do not have balconies in our description for a selling point.
Again, it was our pleasure to host you as our guests and look forward to your return.
Stella, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here quite a while ago. I was in the area again and gave it another try.

I was blown away when I got into the hallway and there was new carpet and paint. It was much improved over before.

I got into my room and was even more impressed. There is new carpet paint and new seating. The new loveseat/chair/coach thing is very comfortable and roomy. That is the only new furniture in the room, but it is a decidedly improved room.

The Bistro is a lot better too. It was staffed better and very friendly. (Ask for Marlon)

It is so improved that I booked myself back in for 2 days this next week.

This is a great property. It met my 5-star qualifications. Clean, well maintained room, clean and well maintained common areas, good channel selection on the TV, the shower had good water pressure and friendly staff.

The 2 things that would make this the #1 property in the airport area: better patio furniture and using the security gate.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your great comments. We truly appreciate hearing all of our guests thoughts. We are always trying to improve ourselves and its great to hear when we were succesful. I will be sure to post your comments about Marlon in our Team Break room. This is always a tremendous boost to our associates.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was a pleasure to stay at this hotel, close to the airport, we had a very large room, clean, newly redone
comfortable beds.
The overall stay was great
the only thing i would say is that we heard the planes, i was surprised as usually you can not hear them in a hotel close to the airports. not sure why this was different

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello and thank you for posting your comments. As you mentioned, we just completed our room renovation in Nov of 2014. Our associates continually work to ensure we keep our rooms and hotel in that same post renovation standard.
The airplane noise is due to our proximity to the Airport. Even though we are 6 miles away from the gates, the back of the field is only 2-3 miles from the hotel.
Again thank you for your comments and we are glad that you enjoyed your trip with us. Please keep us in mind on your next trip back to Miami.

Cordova, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

I was recently in Miami for work and picked this hotel. Its a little back off the street and very near the airport. If you catch it right you can read the newspaper the guy/gal is holding in Row 15 window seat :) The first night i stayed I had a king suite and loved the room layout. The suite has a bedroom off the main sitting area and was extremely comfortable. The next two days I was in a regular king room. Not as impressive as having your own bedroom but still very nice. However, there is no free breakfast. They have a very nice Bistro that serves breakfast and dinner. I enjoyed the huge portions for the breakfast that you were given even though it was a little pricey (minimum $10 - $15). Nice touch is that they have a computer near the business center where you can check in with your airline and print out your boarding passes. Little touches like that make it a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, January 21, 2015
Thank you for your comments. It is always a boost to our team morale to hear positive stories from our guests. I will be sure to pass along your comments. When you are back in Miami, we hope to see you again.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2015

We have stayed here before. Staff are helpful and polite. This hotel is our usual choice for an overnight in Miami. Close to airport, free shuttle, Wi-Fi and comfortable rooms. This time we had 3 adults (2 db beds) sharing the room and we were not crowded. Will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Michael W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral, responded to this review, January 5, 2015
Thank You for you comments. As we share our reviews with our associates, please feel free to contact me directly if any of our associates stood out with their service.

Richmond, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2015

We found the room clean and newly renovated, although the shower head might not have been replaced but worked fine.

Although we had the room in the corner, adjacent to highway 826, we did not hear a lot of noise, at least not to disturb our sleep.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your time to report on TripAdvisor. We appreciate any and all feedback and share with our team. Please contact me directly if anyone stood out to provide exceptional service.

Hospitably,

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport West/Doral? Share your experiences!