“'EXCELLENT PRE-CRUISE HOTEL TO STAY AT WHEN CRUISING FROM MIAMI'” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Aberdare, United Kingdom
“'EXCELLENT PRE-CRUISE HOTEL TO STAY AT WHEN CRUISING FROM MIAMI'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at this Hotel for two nights in April prior to going on a Cruise. I choose it mainly for its location, but what a lovely comfortable Hotel it was. We arrived late at night, but were met with a lovely welcome and given a very comfortable double room with a lush king-size bed. We had the buffet breakfast at the Hotel, which had excellent choices and the gentleman serving the tables with tea, coffee, etc was totally attentive and friendly and ensured all needs were met. Having been to Miami before, I did not want to see any sights, but wanted some retail therapy before my Cruise and the Dolphin Mall is located directly on the other side of the Car Park to the Hotel. The Dolphin Mall is huge, with excellent restaurants and good prices to suit everyone's pockets and we came away with some real Bargains. So all in all a super stay at the Courtyard Dolphin Mall Hotel, which I must add is also very reasonably priced. It is also only ten minutes from the Cruise Port. I and my husband will definitely use this Hotel again when we return to Miami and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location, next to upscale Dolphin Mall. I had some issues that went unresolved even thought the staff was very pleasant. Being there on business, I tried to get my laptop to link to the TV so that I could work on slide transitions. After several calls, I was told all external ports are disabled. This is the first time in all my work-related travels that I was unable to connect via HDMI cable. All the ads say that Courtyard is the business travelers destination - not for this one. Also, coming from the north all I wanted was to sit by the pool and enjoy the sun. I asked twice for pool towels but never received them. I ended up taking several towels from the gym to cover the lounge chair. Not what I have come to expect from Marriott as a Gold Elite Member - and no recognition at reception for being loyal to Marriott.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Victoria F, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami at Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear GovtravelerNewYork,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with feedback in regards to your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott at Dolphin Mall.

Please accept our apologies for the shortcomings of service and amenities you have experienced and please rest assured that your comments will be used to continuously improve on our offerings. I will personally review your comments with the whole team and see what could be done with the external ports of our TVs.

All our guests are extremely important to us and please accept my apologies if we have not shown how valuable your patronage is to us.

I truly hope that next time your travels bring you our way you will give us another chance.

Warm Regards,

Galina

Galina Ilcheva
Assistant General Manager
Grand Cayman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2015

I stayed during April.
The location is perfect but the room was not properly clean.
I found several hairs in the bathroom and for me that is a deal breaker.

Service was nice and the lobby is small.

The have a scale in the lobby to weight the luggage, this is very smart as after all the shopping your luggage tends to get "fatter and fatter"

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Victoria F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami at Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, April 16, 2015
Dear ichaves25,

Thank you for your review and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. I have shared and discussed your comments with my whole team so we could continue to improve on our services and accommodations and ensure that such an occurrence does not repeat itself.

I truly hope that you will give us another chance next time your travels bring you to our area!

Please accept my apologies once more and contact me directly so I could personally ensure your next visit is perfect!

Vicky

Victoria Ferrer
Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2015

Courtyard Miami at Dolphin Mall was well worth the stay. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfy and, best of all, the hotel is a hop, skip and jump away from Dolphin Mall. Tip of the day: you may want to pre-order a taxi if you are in a rush or catching a flight - I was unable to get one at 7:30am!

Dear Bermytraveller,

Thank you for your review! I am glad that you were able to experience the hospitality of our amazing Courtyard team!

We hope to see you soon!

Victoria

Victoria Ferrer
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

I stayed in Feb 2015. This hotel is on same grounds with Dolphin Mall. Hotel is about 15 minutes drive from airport and can be a good stay for short visit and particularly when you wish to shop from Dolphin Mall, which itself is a great attraction.

I didn't have any food at the hotel, room was good but small. Bathroom is also Okay.

I would only not like to pay USD 250 for this property which is too expensive for this.

Parking is no problem at all. Staff was courteous.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

Spent 5 nights at this wonderful hotel. The room was comfortable and clean, bed awesome, room was spacious, I was sharing the room with a colleague we had two queen beds. Staff very friendly and happy to assist. Breakfast was average would have liked to see more variety again the staff was great. The hotel is very close to the Dolphin Mall a shopping outlet. I would highly recommend this hotel

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

Convenient and well located, 2 minutes walk from Dolphin Mall where you can shop for clothes, shoes, electronics etc etc and 15 minutes drive from the Miami International Airport. The hotel is beautiful and clean. The rooms have free wi-fi, AC, TV and are clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The cookies at the reception are delicious. :) I recommend this hotel to anyone who is passing by Miami and would like to stay in a nice hotel that is near the airport and a good shopping mall.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami at Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!