Three friends (Carl and Mike's reviews are below) and I just returned from the all-inclusive beginners surf trip at Punta Teonoste. If you are interested in adventure, amazing unadulterated beaches and perfect waves than this is the trip for you. The weather in March was 90 degrees F every day, with nice ocean breezes, and blue sky. Everyone at the resort was super friendly and accommodating, including our surf instructor Emir, waitstaff (Johnny, Dennis), the manager Roberto, and Pablo who helped us book and organize the trip via email from the US. The food was great and the Tonas (local beer) were cheap and delicious. For a group of four loud gringos that spoke minimal Spanish, the people at the resort were extremely kind and understanding. The surf trip allowed us to not only spend time on site at the resort (which was awesome; the beach is secluded and the restaurant/pool was out of a Corona commercial) but to explore the many different hidden spots (beaches, restaurants, bars) that we would have no idea about otherwise with our trusted surf instructor Emir leading the way (and driving us around). Each day was truly a new adventure. This place is Costa Rica 20 years ago and once people find out about it and the roads get paved, it is going to blow up commercially. My advice would be to get there soon before it happens.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Hotel
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Hotel Tola
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge And Beach Spa
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Spa Nicaragua/Tola
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Teonoste Nature Lodges & Beach Spa is an exclusive boutique property located on the southwestern coast of Nicaragua known as the Pacific Riviera.Our spectacular beachfront setting is nestled amidst the quaint, authentic fishing village of El Astillero and Popoyo, Nicaragua’s premier surf break.It is a secluded destination where travelers can experience the beauty of the area, the sounds, the breezes, the wildlife, the local culture and people; all without distraction of the stimuli that has become familiar in daily life.Recognized as one of only four properties in Nicaragua verified by the Rainforest Alliance, our ecological concept resists conventional lodging without compromising comfort and modern convenience.Punta Teonoste remains committed to creating and maintaining an attractive and responsible environment while also preserving the natural beauty of future generations.The chic design merges contemporary elements while respecting and embracing the surrounding nature. The public areas and bungalows also featurelocal art and design influences with some surprising subtle touches of select works representing Nicaragua, Honduras, Panama, Guatemala, Brasil, and Ghana. The result of this synergy and style is a sophisticated destination offering exceptional comfort and relaxation along with a touch of adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.