We arrived at night and were very pleased the staff waited for us. The place is not easy to find since there is only a small yellow sign informing you where Punta Teonoste turn off is from the main road (so ask for directions before hand). Once you make the turn it is basically another 20 miles of mostly dirt road. The road is under construction, so in a year or two it will be a smooth drive. Once you arrive the view is speculator and will take your breath away.
I read the reviews and most are accurate with the description and expense. For an upscale establishment one does expect more, but that did not deter us from having a wonderful time and experience. We did pretty much have the place to ourselves. Maybe because of the time of year or the distance from the town is what prevents more people from staying. The hotel we were informed is under new ownership and slowly upgrading/improving the place and staff. It was obvious with the staff, rarely were we asked if anything was needed. Once the meal was served no one ever came back unless you asked them over. With the all inclusive package, no alcohol beverage is part of the amenities, but at least they make it up with the food variety.
Some of the staff member do go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and pampered and will gladly accommodate most requests you have.
I highly recommend taking the trip to the Hot Spring Pool. Better go now before the place is eventually turned into a resort area. Such a delightful package...the natural hot water, the pate, bread and wine. Since we were the only ones, we were allowed to stay longer which was phenomenal.
The bungalow we stayed in was a bit unusual. The bedroom is up a rounded staircase and there is absolutely no privacy if you want to change, so leave your luggage downstairs. It would be more appropriate if there was a screen and curtains, but the bedroom balcony is all open to the outdoors. As for maid service, only if you ask for it.
It’s still a wonderful place and well worth the adventure. We did get a discount because of the off season; otherwise for the expense, the establishment is quite high for the area and amenities.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Hotel
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Hotel Tola
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge And Beach Spa
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Spa Nicaragua/Tola
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Teonoste Nature Lodges & Beach Spa is an exclusive boutique property located on the southwestern coast of Nicaragua known as the Pacific Riviera.Our spectacular beachfront setting is nestled amidst the quaint, authentic fishing village of El Astillero and Popoyo, Nicaragua’s premier surf break.It is a secluded destination where travelers can experience the beauty of the area, the sounds, the breezes, the wildlife, the local culture and people; all without distraction of the stimuli that has become familiar in daily life.Recognized as one of only four properties in Nicaragua verified by the Rainforest Alliance, our ecological concept resists conventional lodging without compromising comfort and modern convenience.Punta Teonoste remains committed to creating and maintaining an attractive and responsible environment while also preserving the natural beauty of future generations.The chic design merges contemporary elements while respecting and embracing the surrounding nature. The public areas and bungalows also featurelocal art and design influences with some surprising subtle touches of select works representing Nicaragua, Honduras, Panama, Guatemala, Brasil, and Ghana. The result of this synergy and style is a sophisticated destination offering exceptional comfort and relaxation along with a touch of adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Splendia, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.