We REALLY wanted to like this hotel and stayed for one night before getting out of the place the next morning.
With a few minor fixes in the huts and better-trained staff, this place COULD be fantastic.
One of the best secluded white beaches in Nica, utterly gorgeous.
Incredible unspoilt location.
Staff friendly and try to be helpful (when asked).
Gorgeous clubhouse and views over pool to sea.
Rooms look good but designed badly/dysfunctional by luxury standards.
LOTS of bugs. We had to ask for the (seemingly decorative strips of) mosquito netting to be added to the 4-poster bed, only to find that the central fan had been fixed so low in the ceiling that the netting had to be left open above the bed to allow it to spin round (!)
Bug quota not helped by the smelly stagnant water nearby, which clearly attracted lots of mosquitoes.
Lacking in atmosphere - we were the only guests and only stayed one night.
Menu is horrifically expensive even by London standards...fancy European style food and there's no alternative but to eat there as hotel's so remote (steak for $43, shrimp pasta for $17).
Service culture unfortunately lacking - staff were really helpful when asked, but didn't really foresee guests needs...we were the only 2 guests and despite there being a number of staff hanging around, we had to carry our own heavy bags when we arrived and were initially offered one of the second row huts, with no view and in a shaded area with lots of mozzies. When we swum in the pool (watched by all the staff!) we had to ask for pool towels. We were given the wrong key to room, had to wait an hour for room to be cleaned despite being only guests and arriving at 4pm, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Teonoste Nature Lodges & Beach Spa is an exclusive boutique property located on the southwestern coast of Nicaragua known as the Pacific Riviera.Our spectacular beachfront setting is nestled amidst the quaint, authentic fishing village of El Astillero and Popoyo, Nicaragua’s premier surf break.It is a secluded destination where travelers can experience the beauty of the area, the sounds, the breezes, the wildlife, the local culture and people; all without distraction of the stimuli that has become familiar in daily life.Recognized as one of only four properties in Nicaragua verified by the Rainforest Alliance, our ecological concept resists conventional lodging without compromising comfort and modern convenience.Punta Teonoste remains committed to creating and maintaining an attractive and responsible environment while also preserving the natural beauty of future generations.The chic design merges contemporary elements while respecting and embracing the surrounding nature. The public areas and bungalows also featurelocal art and design influences with some surprising subtle touches of select works representing Nicaragua, Honduras, Panama, Guatemala, Brasil, and Ghana. The result of this synergy and style is a sophisticated destination offering exceptional comfort and relaxation along with a touch of adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splendia, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Hotel Tola
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge And Beach Spa
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Spa Nicaragua/Tola