I just came back from a yoga teacher training at this resort. It was perfect for our group, as it was extremely secluded and had a lot of space for us to spread out.
The villas are amazingly beautiful! I highly recommend sitting in the hammock and taking an afternoon siesta. The food was great and they were always very accommodating with all our special requests.
One disturbing thing I did see, would be sea turtles nesting their eggs on the beach, and whoever sees that turtle first gets to take her eggs, so a lot of locals scope out all the beaches and claim a scary large amount of turtle eggs. The hotel has no say in this, so if you see this happening, you may be able to buy the eggs off the poacher. I'd highly recommend you do buy the eggs, and if you do, give them to the security guard or hotel staff, as they have a safe place to hatch the eggs and will release them into the ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Teonoste Nature Lodges & Beach Spa is an exclusive boutique property located on the southwestern coast of Nicaragua known as the Pacific Riviera.Our spectacular beachfront setting is nestled amidst the quaint, authentic fishing village of El Astillero and Popoyo, Nicaragua’s premier surf break.It is a secluded destination where travelers can experience the beauty of the area, the sounds, the breezes, the wildlife, the local culture and people; all without distraction of the stimuli that has become familiar in daily life.Recognized as one of only four properties in Nicaragua verified by the Rainforest Alliance, our ecological concept resists conventional lodging without compromising comfort and modern convenience.Punta Teonoste remains committed to creating and maintaining an attractive and responsible environment while also preserving the natural beauty of future generations.The chic design merges contemporary elements while respecting and embracing the surrounding nature. The public areas and bungalows also featurelocal art and design influences with some surprising subtle touches of select works representing Nicaragua, Honduras, Panama, Guatemala, Brasil, and Ghana. The result of this synergy and style is a sophisticated destination offering exceptional comfort and relaxation along with a touch of adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge And Beach Spa
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Hotel Tola
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Spa Nicaragua/Tola