Like a lot of the other reviews on here, our experience of Punta Teonoste was disappointingly hit and miss.
The beach is stunning, a really beautiful and peaceful setting. The staff are very sweet. The steaks are delicious.
When we arrived, we were shown to a villa that was full of wasps buzzing around. We complained and they offered to move us to another villa. We went to the beach for an hour whilst they set up the new place. When we went back to collect our bags, the wasps were all dead and all over the bed - see pictures.
The new villa was much larger and very nice. However, there were some dangerous looking naked wires and dodgy electrics - see pictures. Not qhat you would expect from a 4 star resort.
The prices for food and drink, which, because of your isolated location, are your only options, were surprisingly expensive for Nicaragua i.e. $9.50 for a club sandwich. You feel like you're being ripped off everytime you see the menu. We took to having 2 meals a day to keep our costs down!
Also, they may say the menu is over seen by a Parisian chef but the food isn't anything special and apart from the steaks, I don't think it justified the prices. And also there must be a french cooking style called "Le Ping" judging from the microwave sounds coming from the kitchen.
Overall it's just not up to the standard you'd expect from a 4 star resort: service is slow, a bamboo sunbed snapped when I tried to change the angle, there's no hot water in those outdoor showers, the mosquito nets had holes in / didn't cover the beds completely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Teonoste Nature Lodges & Beach Spa is an exclusive boutique property located on the southwestern coast of Nicaragua known as the Pacific Riviera.Our spectacular beachfront setting is nestled amidst the quaint, authentic fishing village of El Astillero and Popoyo, Nicaragua’s premier surf break.It is a secluded destination where travelers can experience the beauty of the area, the sounds, the breezes, the wildlife, the local culture and people; all without distraction of the stimuli that has become familiar in daily life.Recognized as one of only four properties in Nicaragua verified by the Rainforest Alliance, our ecological concept resists conventional lodging without compromising comfort and modern convenience.Punta Teonoste remains committed to creating and maintaining an attractive and responsible environment while also preserving the natural beauty of future generations.The chic design merges contemporary elements while respecting and embracing the surrounding nature. The public areas and bungalows also featurelocal art and design influences with some surprising subtle touches of select works representing Nicaragua, Honduras, Panama, Guatemala, Brasil, and Ghana. The result of this synergy and style is a sophisticated destination offering exceptional comfort and relaxation along with a touch of adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge And Beach Spa
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Hotel Tola
- Punta Teonoste, Nature Lodge & Beach Spa Nicaragua/Tola