This is a bit of a J&H hotel. On the coast side, the location is wonderful, with fabulous views across Portocello Bay to the fishing village, three great pools, and the sea (though it is 100 steps from the bottom, biggest, pool back up to the hotel). Sitting under the awning by the bar sipping an iced G&T (expensive at 9 euros each, but worth it) the experience was magical looking out over the bay. BUT on the land side, the busy road is lined with litter and terrible smells, the traffic hurtles along the road, and there are only short lengths of footway. There is a restaurant more or less across the road, and another 300m away, but you take your life in your hands to reach either. Mind you, the municipal cemetery is conveniently located just alongside!
Our room was bright red (very!) and clean, with a nice bathroom except for the sliding glass door, which might as well not have been there for all the good it did. Breakfasts were basic and repetitive.
It is a large hotel, and we preferred the rooms which did not overlook the pool as they were quieter. The levels don't work very well. In addition to the 100 external steps down to the main pool, there are odd steps here and there within the building, especially at the approach to the lifts This did not matter to us, but would be a problem to anybody with mobility restrictions. There is one glass-framed staircase tower on the route to the pools which has no access except at the ground floor, where the door is locked - very peculiar.
The main pool is 2m deep at the shallow end - quite surprising if you jump in expecting it to be waist deep and possibly a problem for families.
However, we enjoyed our stay once we got used to the oddities of the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Domina is proud to present a four-star superior hotel Domina Coral Bay Sicilia Zagarella. The marvelous natural environment of the Porticello Gulf Coast makes this hotel fantastic holiday destination. The hotel is right on the sea front and it’s just a few kilometres away from Palermo. Most of the hotel services and the greater part of the rooms are situated in the hotel main building. There are two restaurants, the Wine Club, the Bar N°5, a fitness room and outdoor swimming-pools on the premises.The decorative bridge over the central swimming-pool leads to the terrace, from which You can enjoy a fascinating view of the Mediterranean Sea.Furthermore, the hotel offers indipendent sea view mini-villas, which look like a real fishing village surrounded by an ages-old park, an ideal place for a romantic coastal walk. Ready to meet the needs of the most demanding clients, the hotel offers a complete range of four-star superior hotel services, including a watersports center, a scuba diving school, multipurpose sports fields and sunbathing terraces.Moreover, the Domina Coral Bay Sicilia Zagarella is the perfect choice as the venue for your event, meeting or conference, able to accommodate up to 900 guests, thanks to its spacious exhibition areas and a new conference centre divisible into several meeting rooms equipped with the most up-to-date technology. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Venere, Odigeo, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Domina Coral Bay Sicilia Zagarella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domina Home Zagarella Hotel Santa Flavia
- Hotel Zagarella Sea Palace
- Zagarella Sea Palace Hotel
- Domina Coral Bay Sicilia Zagarella Sicily/Santa Flavia