KBR is one of the more expensive hotels of Lembeh straits. I can compare it to Kasawari only but based on what I heard from other people KBR is quite a good choice.
The resort is located on a nice quiet black send beach, there are no neigbouring villages which you will appreciate if you previously stayed in Kasawari and probably in some other resorts. There is a home reef which you can shore dive and which is closed for boats from other hotels. It has the best coral I've seen in the Lembeh straits, i.e. California Dreaming is no comparison to KBR house reef in terms of coral beauty. So make sure to dive it at leat once, you need no guide to do that, navigation is simple there.
Food is ok, people complaining on food quality probably don't realize that good food is not something you're going to find in the Lembeh hotels. Anyway food ismuch better than in more expensive Kasawari and I never was hungry. Also they have a bar with a reasonable choice of liquors.
Dive services are good. Tim, the dive manager is a patient and professional man. The guides are good....
...but their dive boats suck... Actually their boats are unsafe and they put too much people in one boat which makes gearing up uncomfortable. Kasawari boats are much-much better.
The other inperfect thing is hotel services. Check in was the worst I've met so far. They made us wait for an hour for some "manager" who was in town at some meeting and blah-blah-blah... in the end it was unclear why we had to wait for him, his "briefing" took two minutes and contained no useful information on the hotel.
And rooms (I stayed in that "L-shaped villa", don't remember it;s name) are small, uncomfortable and old. There were no hangers for my clothes, there was no fridge, no room to store my luggage etc. I've seen a larger and more expensive room though and it seemed much more comfortable, But the basic rooms and those "L-shaped cottages" suck.
Other that that it's by Lembeh standards a nice accomodation with eadable food and good dive personnel. Remember, we come to this place for diving :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kungkungan Bay Resort (KBR to its friends and soon to be friends) is proud to be the resort that introduced Lembeh Strait to the world. Being the first resort in Lembeh means we got first choice on locations. Our resort is located in its own private bay which the resort is named after. KBR is the only Sea Level Luxury resort in Lembeh. KBR is a full service resort which includes The only 24hrs full menu service Restaurant in Lembeh, Capt. Billy's Bar serving American Bar Food and Great Drinks, our full service Tepi Laut Spa (Seaside Spa) does Massages, Beauty Treatments, Manicures and Pedicures, and of course our PADI Dive Center with Equipment and Camera Rentals and 32% NITROX. Come join us and we will put the Dream into you next Dive Vacation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Kungkungan Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kungkungan Bay Hotel Bitung
- Kungkungan Bay Resort Bitung, Indonesia - Sulawesi