Just got back from a week at Kungkungan Bay. This was our first time in Lembeh and Sulawesi.
Firstly the diving was excellent and although not all dive guides are dive masters they are extremely experienced. All dives were within a 15 minute boat ride which made it seem more like a live-aboard than any other place we had been.
Our room was very large, spotlessly clean and had a TV and mini bar. The water was always hot and our drinking water was replenished endlessly. Food in the restaurant was great and the portions were huge. We really could not manage the 3 courses for lunch and dinner, especially after the breakfast enchilada!
Service was second to non and sometimes might have been a little too attentive. You only had to put your fork down and your plate was whisked away. All staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
I am not a diver so in the day had the resort pretty much to myself. If you don't dive be prepared with plenty of books as other than the spa and swimming pool there is nothing much to do but dive. That was fine by me as I'm happy entertaining myself... having my own private resort was pretty blissful.
If I had to suggest anything I'd ask that the dive guides are a little more hands off ( my husband thought they handled the critters a bit too much) and that water refills were offered rather than giving me fresh plastic bottles every day.
Other than that I'd highly recommend it to anyone wanting a stunning holiday in a beautiful environment.
- Also Known As:
- Kungkungan Bay Hotel Bitung
- Kungkungan Bay Hotel
- Kungkungan Bay Resort Bitung, Indonesia - Sulawesi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kungkungan Bay Resort (KBR to its friends and soon to be friends) is proud to be the resort that introduced Lembeh Strait to the world. Being the first resort in Lembeh means we got first choice on locations. Our resort is located in its own private bay which the resort is named after. KBR is the only Sea Level Luxury resort in Lembeh. KBR is a full service resort which includes The only 24hrs full menu service Restaurant in Lembeh, Capt. Billy's Bar serving American Bar Food and Great Drinks, our full service Tepi Laut Spa (Seaside Spa) does Massages, Beauty Treatments, Manicures and Pedicures, and of course our PADI Dive Center with Equipment and Camera Rentals and 32% NITROX. Come join us and we will put the Dream into you next Dive Vacation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Otel so you can book your Kungkungan Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.