“Everything is excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of NAD Lembeh Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bitung
NAD Lembeh Resort
You added NAD Lembeh Resort to your Saves list
PO Box 49, Bitung 95500, Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bitung
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Exmouth, Western Australia, Australia
“Everything is excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I've been to NAD twice now (Sept 2012 & Feb/Mar 2013) and am currently making plans for a third (and possibly fourth) visit. These guys make everything easy, happy and darn near perfect.

I usually come in on the late flight and have NAD arrange my transfers. Either Zee or Simon is waiting at the resort on my arrival around 1am and they always have a big plate of delicious food ready before showing me to my room.

The rooms are spacious, with plenty of room to unpack, stretch out and plug in. There is a dedicated camera room that has just been upgraded so there's no reason to drag everything back and forth each day. The beds are comfortable and the showers are great (I ask for the temp to be turned up a bit and they attend to it straightaway). The rooms all have a nice patio with hanging racks for towels & bathers plus a couple of chairs and small table. All have views out to the water. I have not stayed in the bungalows, but they are also very well done!

Food is plentiful, extremely varied and excellent for every meal. You can ask for mei goering for breakfast as it's usually more western type offerings, including eggs your way. Their beef rendang is outstanding. I don't eat fish, so they always have special chicken available for me on those days fish in on the menu. There would be plenty to eat at that meal without it, but it's a nice & appreciated touch!

Their dive guides are exceptional. I've done most of my diving with Paulus and Joni, but also dived with three or four others and each one finds the most amazing creatures. Bring a wish list if you want and they'll do their best to help you tick things off. Go with the flow and let them just find you things - you'll never want for subjects! These guides know the sites, know the creatures and work hard to make sure you have a good dive each and every time. Wish I could have them with me on dives in my own backyard, too!

The dive sites are varied and the guides/crew cater very well to the various needs of the divers. Not over micromanaging those who are experienced and comfortable, offering more assistance to those who need it.

All of their staff are super friendly, smiley and helpful. One even sewed up my wetsuit after a seam came loose. Ask for anything and they will try their best to help you. Their staff are an integral part of the joy of staying here, unlike many places where you feel they do their job just fine but aren't really part of the friendly atmosphere. This place feels like a great friend & family home and guests are included.

I love NAD Lembeh and highly recommend it to anyone wanting a beautiful, relaxing, stressfree stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Even though we live on the other side of the world, Zee and Simon made us feel like family! We arrived at NAD at about 2 am and we were greeted by Simon, a cool welcome drink and a quick tour. Our bungalow was spacious, clean, and had plenty of storage. I could write tons about our experience but I will just highlight some of my favorite things! First of all, NAD is run by its owners! Zee and Simon live at the resort and they take pride in everything they do. No request goes unanswered. I truly felt like a guest in there home, instead of a guest at a resort! The diving is AMAZING. Every dive was like Christmas. We were presented with critters underwater that I never knew existed.The dive staff was amazing. They would not let me carry one thing! If I was carrying my camera to the boat, one of the dive staff would run and grab it for me. Our dive guides Oksen and Marnez were the best. How they find a hairy shrimp that is 5 mm long, is beyond belief! The camera room was perfect! Each diver had their own little section with shelving and a light at every station. Perfect for changing lenses and batteries after dives. The food and service was very good. Every employee went out of their way to make sure our stay was perfect. We WILL be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Aliog
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

NAD Lembeh is run very efficiently and provides good value for money compared with some of the other dive resorts on the Lembeh Strait. The transfer from the airport was hassle-free. We booked one of the bungalows, which was charming, clean and spacious, with a great view over towards the mainland. The shampoo, conditioner and shower gel were a nice touch, as was the hot water shower. I didn't realise that I'd actually need warming up after a muck dive in 28 degrees water!

The food was excellent and plentiful, with lots of variety.

We booked a 4 night 8 dive package at NAD because we were new to muck diving and didn't know whether we'd take to it. As it was, we loved it! The dive boats were well designed and the boat staff helped us with all our gear. We particularly liked the fact there was no real time limit on the dives and the tank was filled to at least 220 bar each time.

There are 2 reasons I haven't given it 5 stars: firstly, the atmosphere was a little subdued, which was maybe because the owners were away for most the time were there. Zee only there for the last 2 days, and we only met Simon the morning we left (he was away diving in Tonga). We were also surprised there was no music in the evenings. We asked Zee about this and she explained they had tried it in the past but some of the guests complained they didn't like it.

Secondly, we didn't really bond with our dive guide. He was a very good spotter but he was a bit brusque and had a habit of going off on his own. We spoke to Zee about this and she promised to have words with him.

All in all we enjoyed our stay and will definitely go back to Lembeh.

Room Tip: Pick a bungalow if you want privacy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Not the most luxurious resort in the area but we were very comfortable there. The service we got from all the staff is what makes NAD Lembeh stand out. Around the resort, special mention to Linda who took care of any of our needs including a flight delay which left us arriving in the middle of the night. On the very comfortable dive boats, all the crew were great but special mention to our dive master Stenly who made sure we had a memorable time diving in Lembeh and found those creatures we would never have found on our own.

We stayed in one of their seaview bungalows which were comfortable but especially enjoyed sitting on our balcony after a day of diving and enjoying a view of the Lembeh straits. We were only there for 4 nights and definitely felt way too short.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

hotel extremely well located, staff takes care of every detail of your stay - from the airport, transportation to the hotel, food very good, staff dive guides with extensive experience, sharp eyes and knowledge of the region and a lot of patience to find the small creatures that are part of our dreams !!

the dining tables are arranged to interact with the other guests, making it even more friendly environment !!!

there are rooms on the bottom where you can put your scuba gear to dry smoothly, as well as cabanas where you have more privacy if you like.

the camera"s room was at the end of reform, but now with a good idea of the final result will be very good !!!

My only suggestion is you avoid traveling by Lion Air, is not good, not anymore

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

NAD Lembeh is one of a dozen or so dive resorts on Lembeh Strait. NAD is one of the most affordable resorts in the area, but they still dive the same great sites as every other resort out there. The resort is beautiful and comfortable and is tucked away in a cove that gives you beautiful views of the Strait while also conveniently blocking the view of the less scenic Bitung Harbor. The diving is excellent, but what really sets NAD apart is the dedicated staff and dive crew at the resort. They are all friendly and welcoming, making NAD feel like home for us. The dive guides are outstanding critter spotters, but more importantly, they lead fun and safe dive profiles and really cater to the underwater photographer, being patient and knowing just what to do to help the photographer get the shot they're after. The dive staff is also very attentive and extremely careful with your dive gear and cameras. NAD is a comfortable and friendly resort in a beautiful setting with some of the best critter diving on the planet. What more can you ask for? We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I booked 5 nights with NAD's simply going off of online reviews and their website. Having just returned from Indonesia, I have to say this was the best part of our trip by far. Couldn't be more pleased with our stay.

Pickup from Manado was on time and comfortable in a large vehicle. Upon arrival to the resort, we were greeted with drinks and friendly faces. It was a really nice touch that they had saved some lunch for us so we could eat when we arrived since we came a bit later. We booked the Seaview Bungalow and were extremely happy with it. Very nicely designed bungalow and very clean. During our entire stay, the bungalow was always kept very nice for us. The food during all meals was excellent. We found ourselves trying to remember what some of the dishes were so we could order them later on our trip.

On to the diving since that's why you come to NAD's, right? Spectacular. We were paired up with an incredible guide named Johan. He made sure to organize everything we needed right away. On the first day, he asked us if we wanted to see anything in particular so he could keep an eye out for us. By day 3 I remember thinking how happy we were that we had seen everything we wanted to see. On day 5 we were just blown away that Johan was managing to find us new and incredible things. Really can't say enough about him. I'm an Instructor and my girlfriend is a DM, and we both agreed that he was probably the best guide we've ever dove with.

The boats are well kept, very quick, and surprisingly comfortable. All of your gear is taken care of for you and all the staff knows to take care when handling expensive camera rigs. After a dive, there's fresh towels, a light snack served, and crewmembers asking if they can grab you a drink. Have to admit, we're not used to this sort of dive pampering, haha.

Before this gets too long I'll just wrap up and say that service all around was excellent whether it was on the boats or in the resort. The camera wet and dry rooms are spacious and have everything you need.

We like to take at least two diving holidays a year and always want to visit a new location. NAD's is the first place where we've said, "We have to come back here."

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to NAD Lembeh Resort? Share your experiences!