“Hotel with spectacular view of Palu Bay!” 4 of 5 stars

Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Malonda 12 | Silae Palu, Palu 94227, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Palu
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“Hotel with spectacular view of Palu Bay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I always stay in Swiss-Belhotel when I am in Palu for business. The location is simply the best, just by the coastline overlooking Palu Bay. The rooms are clean and spacious and the service is quite OK. The only drawback is the hotel is quite far from Palu city center & the airport, but since Palu is a small city, it's no problem. There are 2 excellent Kaledo restaurants just 5 minute drive from the hotel.
Finally, request a room overlooking the bay, and if you cannot get one, you might as well book a hotel in downtown Palu (although you can still enjoy the sea & sunshine at the outdoor patio of the hotel/restaurant).

Room Tip: "Rooms overlooking the sea, spectacular view of Palu Bay."
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Guntoro P, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Mr. Adi Soekadis,

Warmest greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu!

We would like to convey our sincere appreciation and gratitude for your support in
Making us your preferred choice during your recent visit to Palu.
We do hope that you enjoyed your stay when staying with us as it was truly a pleasure for us to serve you.

If there anything we can do for you on your next visit to make your stay become more comfort.
Please do not hesitate to let us know. It is very important for us that our guest experiences are shared.Please utilize this e-mail address if you need to make any future reservation. We will be more than happy to assist you

Mr. Soekadis , again thank you very much for choosing Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu and we will always looking forward to welcome you back in our beautiful resort.

Best Regards,
Guntoro Purnomo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Great Harwood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The hotel has a beautiful vista, and that's the best that can be said for the hotel, currently they are building additional area's around the hotel, which I hope will improve the hotel. The hotel appears not to cater for the Western guests within its range of available breakfast menu's unless you like Eggs on Toast everyday. The staff speak very little English which only becomes a problem when the service of the hotel requires discussion, however this is quite acceptable as probably most of their clients speak Bahasa. I stayed two nights and was disappointed with the hotel, the rooms where fine clean tidy and off a generous size, however the food, internet access (non available) the pool (temporarily out of service) the gym where nothing worked and looked like it had never been maintained since purchased. The main redeeming feature was the cheery nature of the staff who tried to help more than the manager whose absence was a little worrying when on the occasions I tried to deal with him he was never on site, skip this hotel much nicer ones in Palu.

Room Tip: Seek another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Guntoro P, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear Mr. Robert,

Warmest greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu!,

First of all, please allow me to thank for choosing our resort for stay in Palu.
However, it is with regret to learn that you had to go through an unpleasant experience that you found.

This is certainly no excuse for our failure in providing the most basic comfort and service for our guest and for this, please accepts my deepest apologize.
We do hope you understand that it was certainly not the standards which we normally aim at Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu.

Mr. Robert, I personally thank you for taking the time bringing this matter in to our attention and we surely hope to have the opportunity of providing a better service to you whenever travels brings you back to Palu

Warmest regards,
Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stay here for 3 nights. Average price. I got the villa type room, with a private carpark. Checkin was late but no problems. The room is comfy, i enjoy the bed really well. But the room is too dark IMO. The bathroom is not big with standing shower but clean enough.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Value Guest

Warmest greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu!,

First of all, please allow me to thank for always choosing our resort for stay in Palu.
However, it is with regret to learn that you had to go through an unpleasant experience that you found your room was not bright enough for you.

Immediately we shall have our staff re-training to address this critical area to prevent the similar problem happen in the future. We do hope you understand that it was certainly not the standards which we normally aim at Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu

Warmest regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Before , I highly recommended this place but now , after several months , I just don't know what to say ... The standards dropped to a deep point at which I would say why ? Is their a new management , or has the management closed their eyes ? Although I read in comments management is doing everything to improve English speaking in this hotel , I don't think 1 lesson a week is enough .... Maybe 5 lessons a day to teach people
English here ...Not only is the level of English low here , there are too many trainee at positions I wouldn't place them ... Receptionists should be good speaking in English , though here it's opposite ... I had to say my room number 3 times before the girl actually
New what room ... It's scary ... Food quality has decreased as well .... I only met 1 guy in the whole hotel
Who was friendly
And good English speaking ... Cecep abdullah , he deserve 5 star and all
Credits and a promotion for being attentive , friendly and customer oriented ... During checkin nobody actually told me how far my room was and
Not offered any car to
Go there ..... Shame on swissbell

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Guntoro P, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Warmest greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu

First of all, allow me to thank you for choosing Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu during your recent visit to Palu.
I also would like to thank you for taking your time to communicate to us regarding our service and product which did not meet your expectation.
We have every desire to address your needs and wants and provide the best solution available to resolve your comment as soon as possible.

I will personally look after this problem and we will do our best attempt in regaining your confidence in our company if you wish to give us the second chance to visit us again whenever travel brings you back to Palu. In addition, we will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Again I personally highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is words of mouth from a satisfied customer. It is our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and we will hope to serve you again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

swissbel is located near the beach. unluckily, I did not get the room with beach view. This hotel is one stop service where there is spa and karaoke located nearby. didn't get a chance to try both. maybe in the next visit. free spa goes away then. service was decent. the room was comfy enough for two people.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Well, the hotel is quite nice like others from the Swiss-Bel franchise but regretfully the quality standards of cleanliness has decreased highly as you can see in the pictures I have attached (hope you don't mind some local wildlife hehehe).
Apart from that the rooms usually are quite big specially if you can stay in one of the suites or the villas located in front of the hotel. They are well equipped and the customer amenities will cover your needs. They provide you coffee, tea and sugar sachets, also the usual ones for toiletries.
The rooms are equipped with a small fridge, flat screen t.v. and personal a/c units. They'll also give you a WiFi internet voucher even though it's not very quick you can surf the web or check you e-mail.
The breakfast is more or less nice but not as big as other hotels from the franchise, basically Indonesian food plus some sliced bread to make toasts, coffee, fresh fruit and cereals/pastries.
The best part of the hotel would be the swimming-pool (if not under maintenance) it's worth a visit to relax in it or just get sunbath on one of the hammocks.
The room service has become quite expensive for the Indonesian standards (one dish of fresh fruit for example will cost you up to $4).

Room Tip: If you can choose the suite, junior suite in the main building or one of the villas located in front...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Guntoro P, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Mr. Eoni Leon,

Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu!,

First of all, allow me to thank you for staying with Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu during your recent visit to Palu.
I also would like to thank you for taking your time, bringing this problem in to our attention.

Please accept my deepest apology for your unpleasant experience during your recent visit in our hotel.
We strive to ensure our customers experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time.
As we take every complaint seriously, Immediately we shall have our staff re-training to address this critical area to prevent the similar problem happen in the future.
I can assure you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit.

Again, thank you very much for sharing us this matter as we will learn to become better through the eye of our customer.
I am looking forward to welcome you back in our resort.

Best Personal Regards,

Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is deffinately the best hotel in palu ... Location is nice though the beach and water is dirty ! Rooms are nice and food is delicious ... Swimmingpool is always green and dirty , this is my 7th time to this hotel and I have never seen crystal blue water , green stains all over the walls , I take this very seriously and this indicates lacking vision of Any one in charge ... Everyone wants to swim in a nice pool, nothing is done here ... Just choloride more And more .

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GM_SBSP, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu!,

However, it is with regret to learn that you had to go through an unpleasant experience that you found our pool was not clean and does not met your expectation.
We will also keep closely monitoring the swimming pool condition on daily basis. We also would like to inform you that swimwear is now become mandatory when using the swimming pool. This is to ensure the quality of the water always in good condition.

We do hope you understand that it was certainly not the standards for which we normally aim at Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu.

Best Personal Regards,

Guntoro Purnomo

Been to Swiss-Belhotel Silae Palu? Share your experiences!