“Best guide jungle trek” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trek Sumatra - Day Tours

Trek Sumatra - Day Tours
Jl. Orang Hutan Bukit Lawang | Kec. Bohorok, Kab. Langkat, Bukit Lawang, Indonesia
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 25 Activities in Bukit Lawang
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer a range of jungle treks and tours from Bukit Lawang, in Gunung Leuser National Park North Sumatra, where you can see Orangutans, Gibbons, Hornbills, Snakes, Lizards and many more fascinating animals, insects and plants. Our day trips include jungle treks from 3 hours to one day, and we also offer trips to the Orangutan Feeding Platform, separately or combined with a jungle trek. The Feeding Platform is used to assist orangutans who currently live in the wild, but have been returned there from rehabilitation after being rescued from a number of various scenarios. Once returned to the wild, some still need a little help finding enough food, so the Feeding Platform provides extra fruit two times a day, and visitors are welcome to come and see if any orangutans show up.
“Best guide jungle trek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

If you're at Sumatra and want to do a jungle trek in Bukit Lawang, I'll strongly recommend this agency. Ask for Robet Tuex to guide and you'll have an amazing experience you'll never forget!

Daegu, South Korea
“Jungle Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Trek Sumatra does not just offer a run of the mill trek. It offers a complete jungle experience. Robet offers unique insights and knowledge regarding the beautiful jungle area in which he grew up. He has a unique relationship with the various animals you meet which enhances the experience even more.

Trek Sumatra prioritize your safety and offer a fun packed trek where you can bond with fellow travelers, locals, and the animals you meet!

Visited January 2013
Windermere, United Kingdom
“Best jungle guide Bukit Lawang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I had possibly the best time of my life with Robert whilst jungle trekking in Bukit Lawang. I would recommend him 100%. From start to the finish there was never a dull moment. We learnt so much about the jungle, the animals and the beautiful surroundings. The food, camping and tubing was all organised very professionally. First class !!

Visited October 2013
Burnaby, Canada
“Indonesia 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was recently planning a trip to Indonesia and before I left I had accindentally stumbled onto the site for "Trek Sumatra" and saw the little Canadian flag ! This peaked my interest as I knew that I would be going to Sumatra soon and wanted to get to see some of the Jungle, but I know that I speak no Indonesian, so hoped that they might be able to offer a good tour fo me. Boy was i right ! Simply Amazing ! One of the best tours I have ever had. They treated me so well and the tour was awesome. Rinto was so helpfull and patient with me, very informative and as it turned out quite a performed as well !! Overall it was great and I highly recomend this tour company to anyone going to the area. I have added a few pics of some of the wildlife. Carson.

Visited April 2013
JosiiG, Owner at Trek Sumatra - Day Tours, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Mr. Carson, Thank you for you kind review, we are happy you enjoyed your time with us. I would like to point out that it appears a few of your pictures may be from the Borneo leg of your trip? They are beautiful but unfortunately we cannot claim credit for all of them :) Thank you again, and we hope you will be back to visit us again!
TrekSumatra
Jena, Germany
“Best trek ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have been to the Jungle several times with Robert and to me he is on of the best guides. He does have a huge knowledge of the forest and its animals. The treks with him are perfectly organized.

Besides he is someone to have fun with and you will always feel safe even when you have to cross a river in a tube or things like that.....and check out his amazing games and tricks in the evening!

Visited January 2013