“Amazing guide!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 22 activities in Bukit Lawang
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bukit Lawang Holiday is one of several journeys in Bukit Lawang, which has been providing best services to its customers. stout we've done and many of the various countries in the world.
Hue, Vietnam
“Amazing guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I spent around a week in Bukit Lawang. We met Josef on during the long walk up the hill and he told us he was a guide and offered to carry my wife's bags, showed us around and took us to the guest-house he works for, it was full so he went to the effort of finding us a nice place to stay. We met up later and had a chat over a coffee. We arranged a day trip into the jungle and it couldn't have been better. We saw lots of Orangutans and also a number of other species including gibbons. Josef was professional and extremely patient, taking time to explain things to us and giving us lots of rest time, at no point did we feel rushed during the trek. Something that I really appreciated was that Josef generally cared for the well being of the Orangutans and also for the surrounding environment. Would 100% recommend to everyone!

• Indonesian first
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Four days in jungle paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

All the guides will tell you they're like Mowgli, but Josef definitely was. We saw twelve orangutans in one day, several of which were wild, and Josef was very happy for us to just stand there for ages gawping or do more walking as we wished. My only regret is that I didn't have longer to spend in beautiful Bukit Lawang - there's more to the jungle than orangutans. And I have deducted one point because some of Josef's riddles are still driving me up the wall. Where IS Johnny?!?!??!? Aaaaargh.

Groningen, The Netherlands
“The most beautiful place on earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My first experience with Indonesia was Bukit Lawang, and it was the most beautiful trip in my 6 month journey! To see the orang-utans, was one of my dreams. Josef is a very helpfull, friendly guide. He helps you with everything you need.

Visited August 2012
Geneva
“AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Joseph is the best guide you could find in the whole indonesian forest !

If you want to experience the true jungle, to understand the forest, to see the Orang-Utans, to feel the nature and to speak with a local, this guide is for you.

I had an amazing experience with him, the kind of souvenir that will be in my head for ever.

I really deeply recommend him.

Visited May 2013
Hanoi, Vietnam
3 attraction reviews
“Personalized experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was one of the most amazing experiences of our 4 months in SE Asia!! Josef is a very good guide who can tell you so many things about the nature of the jungle. You can see the animals in their natural habitats. We were able to see an orangutan eat from a termite hill and it was really cool. Josef has soo much information to share and he really cares about the jungle and wildlife. It was a really good experience and so nice to finally meet someone who cares about nature and the experiences of people who visit for a sustainable eco friendly future. Josef was a real inspiration and an amazing guide through the jungle. We did a one night trek through the jungle and my partner got sick in the night. Josef was able to take his mind off it and keep everyone's spirits up until we returned to the hotel. He really went the extra mile the whole trip with flowers and fruit at every meal. It was such a special and memorable experience. I'm glad we went with Josef.