We were looking for a resort to experience Costa Rica without the hustle/bustle of traveling around the country and we found it at Xandari by the Pacific. This small, intimate resort provides an absolutely beautiful, quiet, secluded spot to unwind, relax, and reconnect. As we had planned to spend the majority of our time at the resort we did not rent a car but instead opted for the resort to arrange transportion from the airport (2-1/4 hours) ($$$). We stayed in a Beachfront Maxima Villa for our 7-night stay and did not regret paying the extra dollars. It provided exactly what we were looking for: clean, spacious and comfortable accomodations; privacy; an unforgettable view. The private plunge pool was great! It provided the perfect spot to cool off, relax and watch the perpetual motion of the ocean during the day and the star-filled sky at night. As mentioned in previous reviews, there are no curtains/blinds on any of the windows. We loved the openess/oneness with the natural surroundings. The shower may be a little intimidating for some at first but it is a beautiful, private setting to refresh! The comfortable king-sized bed is adorned daily with different "towel critters" and fresh flowers. The resort grounds and exotic gardens that surround the pool areas and individual villas are stunning and meticulously maintained. The daily visits of a scarlet macaw to a tree in front of our villa was always a highlight. The wide, uncrowded beach is just a few level steps from the villa and provides endless miles to walk, search for sand dollars and shells, and watch the beautiful sunsets. The ocean currents can be strong so the resort provides times for low/high tides and the safest time to swim. We had all of our meals at the resort's restaurant and never had anything we didn't like. A complimentary light breakfast is provided. A more hearty breakfast can be purcheased ($). The lunch/dinner menu isn't large but is quite adequate. Fresh-caught fish is provided daily. Prices for lunch are under $10 and for dinner $10-20 on average (plus an almost 13.5% sales tax and 10% service tax!). The wait staff was great and all spoke adequate/very good English. The resort can arrange day trips to a variety of parks/activities in the area if you so choose. We did a private guided tour of Manuel Antonio Park ($$$) hoping to get a more personal/up-close experience. Unfortunately, this is a very popular and busy park (about 1 hour from the resort). The crowded trails sometimes diminished the experience but the park did provide an opportunity to observe sloths, monkeys, iguanas, tucans and other birds in their natural surroundings. Our best time, though, was our time spent at Xandari by the Pacific. Highly recommended for those looking for a romantic, relaxing, quiet vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast along Playa Esterillos Este, between Jaco Beach and Manuel Antonio, Alma del Pacifico is a luxury Costa Rica hotel featuring beachfront Caribbean hotel rooms and suites, a three-meal restaurant, full-service spa and a variety of exciting vacation activities. With distinct architecture and art, an extensive array of amenities and superb personal service, Alma del Pacifico Hotel is the premier luxury hotel in Costa Rica. A great alternative for luxury travelers wanting to visit Manuel Antonio while being on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xandari By The Pacific Hotel
- Xandari By The Pacific Resort
- Alma Del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Esterillos Este