We visit Costa Rica yearly. This past visit we decided to rent and car and drive to Dominical. We stayed at a lovely report there but decided we needed a better beach so it was recommended we try Esterillos Este. Once in the area we decided to check this resort out due to reviews we had seen. We wanted to take a look at the hotel before booking. So we drove there and asked to see a room. The room was absolutely gorgeous and very clean. We decided to stay even though it was much pricier than many accommodations in Costa Rica. The staff were not overly friendly and the resort was almost empty. We usually visit in September which is the beginning of the rainy season but it was still slower than expected. I hope that this is the reason that service was so poor. The staff and service at the restaurant was below par as well. The food selection was limited. We would have liked to have had better bar service and bar type food during the day while at the beach. The food they did serve was not that great and overpriced. Fortunately we had Los Almendros down the road (although the staff did not even know where it was). We also were told by some other businesses to try the hotel next door (Monterry Del Mar). The food their was much better and also a great price. Their staff were also very friendly.
The hotel was also close enough to drive in Jaco for shopping and lunch. The beach was beautiful which is really what we were looking for while on vacation. However, the staff were very unfriendly and it was definitely not worth the money we paid. If we find ourselves back in this area we will give Monterrey del Mar a try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast along Playa Esterillos Este, between Jaco Beach and Manuel Antonio, Alma del Pacifico is a luxury Costa Rica hotel featuring beachfront Caribbean hotel rooms and suites, a three-meal restaurant, full-service spa and a variety of exciting vacation activities. With distinct architecture and art, an extensive array of amenities and superb personal service, Alma del Pacifico Hotel is the premier luxury hotel in Costa Rica. A great alternative for luxury travelers wanting to visit Manuel Antonio while being on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xandari By The Pacific Hotel
- Xandari By The Pacific Resort
- Alma Del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Esterillos Este