My girlfriend and I recently stayed at Alma Del Pacifica in January 2013. It was fantastic. Below is the breakdown.
Service: Overall I would give Alma a 4/5. Service was excellent from booking manuel antonio to activities at the hotel. My one small complaint would be food and beverage service. Having said that the waiters are great, kind and courteous but food/drinks always took a while. Personally, it didn't bother me but I could see how an older couple may get a little annoyed.
Rooms: We stayed in a garden villa and it was excellent. Extremely spacious, clean and beautiful. Room includes snacks, juice and a couple of bottles of waters that are replenished every day. For the price, it was and will be the nicest room I will ever stay at.
Beach: Empty, gorgeous, soft sand. One of the nicest beaches I have been too. I would go to Playa Esterillos over any clear water Caribbean beach. Simply breath taking.
Food: For breakfast the banana pancakes were impressive, my girlfriend loved them. For all other meals I stuck to seafood only because of the freshness. The snapper was delicious if you don't mind fried fish. I ordered the tuna both rare/medium rare and both were surpassed my standards for tuna. They also have great snacks for at the beach like chips and salsa. Do not expect a crazy gourmet meal but the meals were a great mix of freshness, american tastes with a slight costa rican flavor. I was never disappointed and would go to this restaurant if it was in NYC.
Drinks: The price was normal to slightly cheaper then expected. Blended drinks were a bit weak for my standards but my girlfriends seemed to love them.
Price: Simply unbeatable for the price. I'm sure no one has complained but if any reviewers did then "cheap" is not even a sufficient word to describe them.
Overall: I plan on coming back and I am not the type of person to revisit a destination. Overall excellence and made for excellent portion of our vacation. If you don't mind the inconveniences of its remote location then this hotel will keep you smiling your entire stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast along Playa Esterillos Este, between Jaco Beach and Manuel Antonio, Alma del Pacifico is a luxury Costa Rica hotel featuring beachfront Caribbean hotel rooms and suites, a three-meal restaurant, full-service spa and a variety of exciting vacation activities. With distinct architecture and art, an extensive array of amenities and superb personal service, Alma del Pacifico Hotel is the premier luxury hotel in Costa Rica. A great alternative for luxury travelers wanting to visit Manuel Antonio while being on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, T4B, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xandari By The Pacific Hotel
- Xandari By The Pacific Resort
- Alma Del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Esterillos Este