“Private paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa

You added Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Playa Esterillos Este | Near Manuel Antonio, Esterillos Este 10-6300, Costa Rica (Formerly Xandari by the Pacific)   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Esterillos Este
Irvine, California
“Private paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Alma del Pacifico for our wedding this past Spring. I cannot say enough good things about the Alma!! The staff is amazing, the rooms are a relaxing blend of tropical paradise and vacationing comfort, and the beach is beyond spectacular. This was truly the wedding of a lifetime and a perfect private paradise.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Beatiful spot, amazing helpful staff, beautiful seafront villas with stunning design, great food, gorgeous beach, tranquil and away from everything... treat yourself!

The staff went out their way to help us - particularly when we had an issue getting back to the airport due to a car crash closing the main road.

I couldn't recommend more

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We went in Aug 2012 and since it was low season, we had an extra peaceful vacation- until a large family reunion showed up on our 2nd last day but it wasn't too bad. Having the shoreline just steps from your patio door was absoutely heaven! Staff was helpful, friendly especially the hotel restaurant. Food was fresh, organic, professionally presented... right up our alley! Even the pool was non chlorinated. Spa was ok. The therapist spoke no English so accomodating my shoulder problem was tricky. We would definitely return for a short stay if we are in that area.

Room Tip: get a beachfront room- it's worth hearing the waves 24/7.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I came here for our honeymoon in May. We have stayed here before, three years ago and wanted to come back one last time before we went on to new ventures. We found out when booking that this place is no longer owned by Xandari, but we figured we would take our chances and actually Xandari in the Central Valley (Alajuela) booked it for us and had everything prepared for us, check them out they are awesome.
So we arrived here after a few days in Alajuela at Xandari. We found all the amenities to be the same the rooms are still the same they have just added tv and I think wireless internet they are beautiful rooms. The maids are very nice and do a great job cleaning. The views are amazing it's all right on the beach that goes for miles.
My complaints are when we arrived we noticed the sliding glass doors leave about a 1/2 inch gap allowing the bugs, at this time of year to get in and bite the heck out of you! So we ended up having to take the robes they provide and plug the hole with them otherwise we would have had a ton of bug bites, and not to mention I don't mind bugs, I just don't want them in my room.
The food, is horrible compaired to the previous owner nothing tastes very good at all, and there drinks are hit or miss depending on who is preparing them. Also I had ordered cold cereal on morning because we were tryigng ot leave to quepos for the day and it was stale, when I called the restaurant I said "the cereal is stale, can you just reimburse us" they didn't want to reimburse and just said they would bring more cereal, still stale!!! And I dind't want it anyway and I still had cereal on my bill !! I gave up and we just left with empty stomachs and got food in quepos. That is my main complaint.
We also had an issue with of the managers when we were in our room and all of the sudden I see people coming to our door and then use there key to open it. I came to the door and he (the manager) said "oh, sorry I thought this room was vacant, I was going to show them our rooms", and he left. It was the same guy who originally checked us in! So lets just say it freaked us out a bit. He apologized again later.
Also there service needs a little help, I was told I could get a carseat by noon and I had to call at 2 and ask where it was, they told me it needed to be cleaned. Apparently it was coming from one of there employees storage. my husband went to check on it only to find out our son will not fit in the carseat!! So after renting a car that morning, waiting half the day for the car seat. We waited another 1/2 hour for another car seat didn't get the carseat until 5 that evening. When I could have gotten a cart seat from the rental company who said they could have it there by 2 we refused the offer because the manager said she could get one by 12! Ugghh lets just say it was frustrating and we rented a car we couldn't use and they made no effort to compensate us for it.
They were also supposed to have a ride for us back to central valley and seemed to have forgot that, good thing I checked.
Let's just say if you need something you gotta make sure you check with them 10 times and find other retaurants to eat. They are good ones near by.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Honaunau, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

What an outstanding experience we had at Alma del Pacifico. The villa was beyond beautiful and exceptionally private. Once we stepped thru the door into our garden, the world was gone. We could sun bathe in total privacy, which extended to the open shower. Wow! What a starry experience, showering under the stars. The art work, the colors and textures of the villa are so tastefully done. Kudos to the designer and decorators. The whole place was one big, beautiful piece of art. The dining facilities, overlooking the beach are great and so are the staff. They didn't miss a single opportunity to make our stay better. The menu was excellent and the kitchen staff knew how to make each meal a delightful event. Our 4 days ended waaaaay too soon. Next time, we're coming for a week. And Fernando, I get to pick the horses next time! Ha!

Room Tip: Our villa was on the back row, in the far corner. It was completely private and quiet which is what...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I just have to say what a great dinner we had at their restaurant. We stayed at a neighboring hotel and thought that the food here would be over-priced but that was not the case. Their deep fried whole snapper was amongst the best seafood dish I've tasted anywhere, and for $15 including 23% tax and tips it's great value. It was perfectly cooked, seasoned and marinated...yum! The fish tacos was also very good. The drinks were overpriced though ($6 for a fresh fruit smoothie). Great service and atmosphere as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Solon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed here for two night so we would be closer to San Jose than Manual Antonio for our afternoon flight. Location is convenient to the highway and the route to manual Antonio(1 hr), Jaco with tourist shops and restaurants(15 min), and San Jose(about 2 hrs) yet very secluded down a gravel path to the beach. Hotel is modern with open air dining under a grass-roofed gazebo, bright-colored rooms, and friendly staff. . Rooms are comfortable with ocean views, and just steps to the beach from the private patios. (unique shower is next to a sliding glass door to a private courtyard - almost like taking a shower outside. Ocean side patio also has glass to view the ocean from the entire room, but curtains can be drawn outside the patio in the evening) Beautiful sunsets and the beach only had a few people walking their dogs or riding horses as I looked North or South to the horizon. There are only about 20 cabanas on the property so we felt like we almost had the place to ourselves. I woke in the morning and collected sand dollars on the beach with my son. They also have two pools. I would recommend this hidden gem to anyone that wants a few days of secluded relaxation or downtime on the beach.

Room Tip: All rooms view the ocean and are convenient to the restaurant, pool, etc. We had room #4 across fro...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Alma del Pacifico Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!