“Wonderful relaxing place-thank you!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Playa Bejuco

You added Hotel Playa Bejuco to your Saves list
Hotel Playa Bejuco
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bejuco Beach, Esterillos | Next to Ucr, Esterillos Este 143, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Esterillos Este
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful relaxing place-thank you!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015 via mobile

I'm amazed at the quality of service, good, location. Incredible value for the money. I could stay here my entire Cista Rican vacation. My family and I were on a deserted stretch of a beautiful beach and we were alone. Thank you !

• Stayed February 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2015

We liked that this hotel really focused on being family friendly. This was our first trip to Costa Rica and we had our 8 year old with us. We stayed here for one night on our way from Matapalo to Monteverde. We did not want to stay in Jaco because of its party reputation. We found out about Bejuco Hotel on the Sam's travel page and got a good deal. We weren't sure what to expect, but were very happy with our stay. The rooms were extremely clean and very large. There were two beds on the first level and 2 more beds up in the loft area, which we did not know about. The pool and restaurant were very nice. We took advantage of the proximity to the beach, only about a 2 minute walk from the hotel.

We saw Scarlet Macaws while we were eating our breakfast!

Room Tip: If you have a lot of kids with you ask for a room with loft.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2015

Hotel Playa Bejuco - it all depends on what you are looking for.
Pros - Peaceful and quiet except for the maintenance work that was going on during our stay. Hotel is not on the beach, but is a short walk from the beach and there is really nothing else to walk to. Family oriented. Restaurant upstairs for dinner - good food at reasonable prices. Refrigerator in rooms.

Cons - very uncomfortable furniture, couldn't get outside to enjoy the back terrace/patio - door wouldn't open which was probably fine because it appeared to need a cleaning and there was nothing out there - no chair, table, etc. Extremely poor dim lighting in rooms and bathrooms - nearly impossible to read. Wifi is spotty in rooms.Minimal amenities - no coffee/tea maker, no conditioner, lotion, just soap and shampoo. Pack accordingly because If you find you need anything you will have to drive to a store. Water in shower is consistently lukewarm, not hot. Drinks at poolside bar are overpriced and expensive.

Ridgefield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

I stayed here with a large group traveling by bus around CR. I was very impressed with this hotel. The rooms are very large and comfortable with air conditioning and large showers. The common spaces are great, the pool and hot tub area are great for hanging around with comfortable lounges to sit in. The staff was very friendly and responsive to any needs. I very much enjoyed walking out to the soft, black sand beaches that are a few hundred feet away. The staff of the hotel warned me several times though not to carry my valuables, including my phone, wallet or jewels, out to the beach for fear of mugging? I never felt unsafe on the beach but I still heeded their suggestion.
The food from the restaurant is quite good and I really enjoyed drinking a few beverages at the outdoor bar. I would recommend the Playa Bejuco Hotel to anyone looking to stay in this area. It is in a very quiet area but provides everything that you need. I hope my opinion helps you.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
San José
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2014

The hotel was great is very close to the beach. The service and staff attention is awesome. Definitely I'll return.

The hotel restaurant is a bit pricey at the hotel restaurant, however the quality/price is fair.

You must consider that this area only have this hotel Restaurant and another one. Maybe you'll want to bring your food and be sure your room have one of those small refrigerators (ours had one).

Room Tip: I'm not sure if all rooms have refrigerator but to be consistent with my recommendation of bring...
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

we had a real treat visiting this hotel, it was absolutely fabulous! Victor built this hotel himself 6 years ago & it has the most amazing decor, the man has real taste. Although we didn't stay, we did have a good look at the different rooms & they were gorgeous, huge beds too & such luxury. It is said that we all have one good book inside of us so I recommend that if you want to write yours then this is the place to do it, such peace & tranquility. The food & drink was real good with much variety on the menu & was a reasonable price, although Victor kindly invited us as his guests. The staff were marvellous & showed us the sloth that lived in a tree on the grounds of the hotel. We hope to return to Costa Rica some day & this is where we shall stay. Thanks for your hospitality Victor, the pleasure was all mine!

Alajuela, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

We didn't stay at the hotel, we live close to the hotel. My wife and I go there for date night. The service is great and the food is good. I had the whole red snapper (pargo entero), very nice. I would reccommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Playa Bejuco? Share your experiences!