“Just don't have any expectation at all” 3 of 5 stars

You added Swiss-Belinn Kristal Kupang to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Timor Raya No.59, Kupang 85225, Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Kupang
Jakarta
“Just don't have any expectation at all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I got mixed messages about this hotel prior to my trip to Kupang, but then decided to go for the Swiss-Bell Kristal due to its proximity to the office and its better condition from the other option. I was prepared for the worst, but it turned out okay.

I stayed in the non-smoking room at the second floor of wing B. The room was spacious, pretty clean, but the lighting was too dim for me. AC's remote control didn't work, but the temperature was fine with me, so I didn't have a complaint. However, the management could do a better job in replacing the wall paper and just painted it white to give a clean look, and also replacing the carpet with a brighter color and more versatile material to cover stains and dirt.

Breakfast was in a room set up as a breakfast area, in the wing A. Breakfast was standard, nothing to rave about. You could have meals outside, which will be more satisfying.

My only complaint was the long queue during check out time. There was only one staff at the reception while there were many guests queuing for checking out at the same time. They should get at least two staffs ready in the reception during busy hour.

Overall, it was an okay experience, but I cannot wait for new hotels coming on board later this year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Swiss-belinn K, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Kristal Kupang, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Warm Greeting from Swiss-belinn Kristal Kupang.

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel .

We apologize that during the hotel renovation progress made your experience was anything less than satisfying.

Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Swiss-Belinn Kristal Kupang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
Bangkok
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Expensive, poor service, dirty rooms, but I don't know what's better in Kupang. Annoying how the air conditioners weren't turned on in the dining room even when it was busy - for the room tariffs the air con should be on. Food wasn't good enough either.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Swiss-belinn K, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Kristal Kupang, responded to this review, December 20, 2012

Nottingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We didn't stay here (so glad). We just came to use the pool as our son wanted to swim and I think this is the only pool in Kupang (the sea is very polluted). The place is a building site. High barbed wire fences line the promenade. Everything is filthy and dilapidated. We thought we would come and have lunch but after getting charge 50,000 rupiah for 2 coffees which took nan hour to come we had had enough. Definitely do not come here. If you really have to stay in Kupang- the Hotel Astiti is a much better bet. The staff there are really helpful and not lying around all day. PS Rate here was 620rp compared to 350 at Astiti.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Bekasi, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel many times since 2005. I must say The experience is not all that good, but compared to other hotel in Kupang so far Swiss-bellinn Kristal is the best. Since the new swissbell management took over, they have improved a lot. The staff are always nice and helpful. Breakfast is pretty basic. But some choices from the room service were good. Try the gado2 and ifumie. I never tried the swimming pool or walking at the beach, not tempted at all when you see all the garbage at the white sands.

Always ask for room at the new wing in the 2nd floor or above, otherwise you wouldn't get a chance to see the beautiful scenery.

The reception asked me to sign a no-smoking statement as I will be given a non-smoking room. But the room smells of cigarette. Anyway, i hope the hotel will improve, but until the new 10th floor hotel nearby is opened, i will definitely come back to Swissbellinn Kristal.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Swiss-belinn K, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Kristal Kupang, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank You for being our loyal guest and thank you for your valuable review. We are striving to improve our products and services.

We will make sure to minimize our mistakes and increase our performance during the hotel renovation.

We are always welcoming you as our valuable guest. Hopefully you have a pleasant stay with us and looking forward to have again in our Hotel.

Swiss-belinn Kristal
jakarta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Along the beach but the hotel is fenced in so no access to beach. To be fair it is under going renovation so hopefully when done it will be better. My room smell of stale cigarette smokes, flat pillows, hard bed and ancient small screen TV set.

Room Tip: When renovation done, look for Wing A rooms. They will be new and I assume nicer than the one I stay...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Swiss-belinn K, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Kristal Kupang, responded to this review, September 27, 2012

BCN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have to admit that i might be unlucky but my experience at this hotel was rather poor and not recommendable at all.
On my way to Rote Island I had to spend two nights in Kupang, first one stayed at t-more hotel and the other one at my way back at Kristal hotel.
i had given a room number 2121 with no sea views, on ground floor. If you stay here ask for a sea view room. The room stinks to a mix of smoke and humidity, not pleasant at all.
Toilet chain did not work, called the service and it was because the water access was close, as the chain was broken so it's running water all the time with the consequence noise.
Speaking about the noise, there's a empty fridge which makes lot so turned it off during the night, also the air conditioning is sounds very loudly.
Breakfast included is fine. The pool it's not, didn't dare to have a bath as the water did not look appealing for me.
No sheet to cover you, so or you sleep without anything on you or you cover with the mattress which is too much, thanks a I had another bed so took the sheet to cover myself from there.

I must say that staff was in reception was open to help, very helpful and nice, specially girls in reception who are the ones speak enough English level to speak with.
There are some works in progress as it seems big refurbish is coming up, so all this it might improve in the future, but at the meantime go to T-more hotel.

Room Tip: Choose rooms at sea side as all have sea views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Swiss-belinn K, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Kristal Kupang, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Sirs:

Townsville, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

OK, it's not everything you might expect from the Hilton, but hey, it's reasonably priced, in a pretty good location, and if you have a seaside view (which most rooms seem to have), it's worth staying at.
Downers- the water pressure/shower is really variable (ie, f...ked). The room service is bizarre- order 2 glasses, some ice and a few cans of soda water and you get a bowl of ice and 2 spoons (and that was ordered by an Indo local). It got sorted in the end!
Under renovation so finding the breakfast room & the pool was intially a challenge
Positives- friendly +++. Very comfy bed. According to my mates, the room service food that got delivered correctly was very good. The outlook is great.
I would go back, but there are a couple of other places I'd suss out (like the rooms at the Rotterdam Steak House) before I commited.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the sea.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Swiss-belinn K, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Kristal Kupang, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Sirs:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share regarding your recent stay at our hotel .

Swiss-Belinn Kristal Kupang

Been to Swiss-Belinn Kristal Kupang? Share your experiences!