This is our third year in a row at the Riu Jalisco and it just keeps getting better. We travelled with four other friends and family, two of whom had never been there before and they just loved everything about the resort. Our stay was from 16Feb2014 to 02March2014. The food, service, rooms, grounds and beach were all great. Did not even have to go to the al a cartes because the buffets were exceptional. There are of course a few odd Canadians and Americans that are extremely picky about everything, they expect everything to taste like Mcdonald, Pizza Hut, Burger King or even KFC. There are so many tasty choices at the Riu that I really don't know how any reasonable human being could complain.
All of the waiters where extremely attentive,friendly and very hard working. We had a lot of fun with Marcus and Evan(the nameless waiter). Marcus made our last supper very special with flowers and champagne.
Gloria the water aerobic instructor did a fantastic job keeping everyone laughing in the pool and made the workout really enjoyable.
Both day and evening entertainment was great and a lot of fun. My only advice for the evening entertainment is that the live band must be floor level with the audience as this will promote a lot of dancing and more people would stay to listen to the good bands that you have. Last year the band was floor level and it made a huge difference in the amount of people that stayed to watch and dance. This year the band was on the balcony and as soon as the normal evening show ended approximately 75% of the people left as there was also no place to dance and it was very difficult to see the band where they are located. It's almost like you are just listing to taped music. You have very good bands so please let people enjoy them more like you did last year when there were three standing ovations each night when the band was floor level.
Len & Angie Zaparniuk
East St Paul, Manitoba
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * In Riviera Nayarit, overlooking the Pacific Ocean * Located on Playa de Flamingos beach, 2 km / 1.5 miles from Nuevo Vallarta * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 5-story building * 2 km / 1.25 miles from various shops * 13 km / 8 miles from the airport * 300 m / 990 ft. from Flamingos Golf Club * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your ClubHotel RIU Jalisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Jalisco Hotel
- Clubhotel Riu Jalisco Riviera Nayarit