Planning a destination wedding was stressing me out- was worried the resort I picked would disappoint friends and family. But boy did I pick good!! Amazing, luxury resort, not too big, not too small. Service was wonderful. We had a group of 34 including kids- and everyone loved it. My wedding was set up on the beach, I purchased the royal wedding package- plus paid for my extra guests- think it came to about $2200, including a $200 upgrade for a differt arch (I personally recommend- mine was beautiful- the standard was kind of ugly), and additional flowers for 2 bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen. The flowers were stunning, which was such a pleasant surprise. The area for the wedding was close to the pool bar- so there was an audience- but I think that always happens. It was sectioned off very early in the morning. The officiant was great- emailed me a few weeks before the wedding to see what we would like. Speakers were great for my iphone- they just requested a playlist with the songs in order. We had beachballs and sunglass for confetti and favors, this was all set up exactly as requested by the wedding coordinator and staff. One of my best friends is a photographer, so she did my photography- I wasn't charged the $300 vendor fee to have her there. (Her and her family were all paying guests). Our dinner was set up on the terrace of La Toscana (the steak house), it was completely private- it was beautiful and allowed for speeches. The meal was amazing- most people had steak and lobster. We chose not to pay for a private wedding dance area.
When we went back to our room it was set up super pretty and romantic. It was a great wedding day.
As for general things about the resort- it was so beautiful, service was amazing. The buffet was good- maybe got a little tired of it because the ala cartes weren't for kids under 12- and we had 8 kids in our group. And we were spur of the moment so booking meals way in advance is hard. Loved the pool and pool bar- wish it was open a little later. The hotel didn't have as much to offer the younger single girls in our group- but because its an upscale resort- I think you just lose a bit in that demographic. We had a great hospitality concierge to help with booking excursions. And because we had a large group we were picked up from the airport in a private bus and had priority check-in, basically they handed us a drink and an envelope with our key- we handed them our luggage! The size of the resort was great for a large group- was never too hard to find eachother. Overall so amazing- best time ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * In Riviera Nayarit, overlooking the Pacific Ocean * Located on Playa de Flamingos beach, 2 km / 1.5 miles from Nuevo Vallarta * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 9-storey building * 5 km / 3.1 miles from various shops * 13 km / 8 miles from the airport * 1 km / 0.6 miles from Flamingos Golf Club * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Pacifico Hotel Riviera Nayarit
- Riu Palace Pacifico Nuevo Vallarta